City Plumbing Supplies

City Plumbing Supplies Employee Reviews

I work with an absolutely fantastic here and that makes my day great at work! We have a very full, busy studio producing all marketing collateral for the plumbing and heating division.
Not good
You need to have a knowledge of the industry, if you don’t you are rapidly pushed out to the side and then forced to move on.
No advancement or progression. Management structure is too many managers and not enough workers.

Area manager is a bully and has no management skills.
Showroom Sales still gives me a buzz
I enjoy what I do, like any job you have good days and bad days but on the whole still good.Theres good variation on a daily basis and you learn something new every day.
Poor management
Great at first 3 months all worked together, next 3 months change of management , very poor morale, no direction , poor management , work expectations .
Awful place to work.far too much hours for a pittance
I would never reccomend working in this hellhole.nepotism is rife.no job satisfaction.barely ever a break.made to fight for entitled holidays.money is poor for the hours worked.management is a joke that are out to line their own pockets.and the plebs are blamed for everything that goes wrong in the place.even getting classed as thieves.
Awful.horrendous.despicable job and.img
It’s plumbing supplies
Multi national company with everyday being different. My main job role was to over see the showroom make sure it was clean and tidy and all displays were damage free for customers to see and try out.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management with communications regarding sales and training
Hardworking/Fast Paced
A fast paced environment can vary on a day to day basis from driving to customers either on site or to the public delivering to a high standard to keep the city plumbing brand going.
terrible company
i would tell everyone to avoid working for this company, full of false promises and lies, Branch manager is a control freak, and has complete disregard for employment law, forced to work days off and told you wont be paid for it, and if you don't like it leave!! not allowed breaks!! no matter what you do, or how hard you work, it is not appreciated, i worked at this company for 4 and half years and not once in that whole time did the branch manager appreciate any work carried out, he would prefer to just disrespect the staff and customers with his awful people skills and his non existent management skills.
Pros
every other weekend off, 5pm finishes
Cons
poor training
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City Plumbing Supplies?
Untrusting bad management
Managers sit in office all day ignoring everyday customers , sometimes interacting with only their own friends . All in all a hard place to achieve any real goals only a number to a lot of management.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Treated like an outsider
Good and rewarding place to work
Enjoy the job. But sometimes I feel extremely underpaid for the work I do and the hours involved. At work 6 out of 7 days every other week.
I like working here enjoy working with my colleagues and would stay but the salary is an issue for me.

An increase in that and I wouldnt even be looking for other work.
Very good experience
Other staff were patient and Helpful If I needed any help with anything. Well managed and warehouse kept tidy at all times. Safety measures were put in place to ensure nobody got hurt. Overall great experience and a good laugh
Great place to work under pressure
Contact customers, get orders, then jump though way too many hoops to get "Special products " ordered.
I've worked for other companies that have way more direction and foresight than this one
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Not given the oppertunity to make a difference
Good place to work but there was nowhere to progress.
Upper management do look after you and listen.

I left because of a member of staff in the local branch not because of the company.
great place to work
City Plumbing is a fun fast and challenging place to work.

You can start from the bottom and make your way to the top with a career here.

The benefit system you get with the company is amazing.
Competitive
Day starts at..07.00... Unset the alarm
Daily banking...

Cup of tea with staff.. To talk the day over..

Open doors..07.30

Ready to start trading...

I enjoyed being management...Where I can pick my staff .. And train them.. To there potential..

Like to have a happy atmosphere in branch...Happy faces at the counter... Makes customer feel..Welcome

If staff are happy.. You can get the best from them .. Teamwork

Hardest part of job.....Juggling holidays to suit staff

Most enjoyable part of job .....Success
Pros
Branch improvement
work
The guys I work with are great the money is rubbish you learn a lot of courses on the computers the hardest part is when our lorry comes in. We have a laugh everyday
Pros
Guys I work with
Cons
Salary
Hard work fast paced
Hard work, fast paced yet enjoyable place to work.
Good training, and procedures.

Plenty of opportunities to progress within the Travis Perkins group in a variety of different roles
Pros
Good fun
ok to work for
most days are the same serve customers at counter.
take order over the phone make order and deliver.

learned a lot about plumbing and can manage to do simple plumbing.

it was ok to work for no real problems .most days were then same.

best part of the job was the customers ,had a good laugh with them

made some friends with a few.
Pros
staff discount on diy items
Cons
30 min lunch
each branch is diferent but we built a good happy team
To help and support customers make sure the branch runs smoothly complete tasks and duties listen and do what I agree to do Make sure My team is happy and has My full support to carry out all tasks together and run the business smoothly and successfully lets enjoy coming to work talking to staff involving how well we are doing and what more needs to be done getting the best out of My team and encouraging them and bringing the best out in them Promoting one of your team and then training new members
Pros
Happy working enviroment reaps better results
Cons
any bad reviews
Its a job toy have to gk the extra mile and search for the work and bring it to the end user.
Is a very long hour job and have to be very good at keeping all paper work organised as it's a key to the job.

Everyday will always be a total different as you never able to know the amou t of customers will be dealing with as we are open to public and traders aswell as our everyday traders.
Pros
Discount with all travis Perkins chain companies
Cons
Working 6 days out of 7 and no famiky time
busy all day
A very busy plumbing wholesale outlet.

Supplying plumbing materials to local area plumbers.

also supplying new bathroom suites to the general public and to local area plumbers from our bathroom showroom.
Pros
local to home