City Lit

City Lit Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
It is a privilege to be part of this community. I have been working with them for 10 months and it is a big family where everybody take care of each other. They have great tutor development courses and also an extraordinary support for your lessons.
Its intercultural, tolerant and open minded environment is real and amazing. Maybe that's why students from all over the world come and enjoy lessons at City Lit.
From the start of the job I felt the expectations of me as a new member of staff were unrealistic.
I felt very isolated in position of tutor. It was a very lonely place to work.

Was made to feel undermined by my line manager. It was very student lead, I received covert racism from students.

Which was never really dealt with my line manager.
Pros
Pay was good, nice surroundings
Cons
Cold vibes. Lacked friendliness or warmth for a new comer.
It lets me teach Greek, Latin and Classics, which are subjects I love. This aside, it has a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I look forward to returning to face-to-face teaching there jsut as soon as the present emergency is over.
Great to work somewhere where the purpose is simply to support students to achieve all their goals and puts them at the heart of what we all are expected to do.
Even though the job is not the most tiring and it is fulfilling helping adults with their education, students are very demanding and the conditions of work have deteriorated (we were moved to a crammed overpacked office) I enjoyed working here until recently, but I am at my limits.
Culture of continuous improvement and renewal - driven to achieve excellence through innovation and creativity.
Strong value placed on the individual and diverse talents and approaches aligned to the central strategy and goals
my typical day at work includes planning , teaching, assessing, and enjoying a cup of coffee with colleagues.
I have learnt some managerial duties and exam preparation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working multicultural workplace and teaching intellectual students..
Pros
Cpd
Cons
lots of admin work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City Lit?