City Facilities Management Employee Reviews

Nice job, rubbish salary
CLEANING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands12 July 2018
Good place to work, but they seriously need to review their salaries. Opportunity to work overtime is good, and managers are very good in dealing with complaints.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor salary
Great job, low pay
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 July 2018
As this is a family business there isn’t much chance of progression within the company. Wages aren’t great either but people can be lovely or at least in my department I found they where. Great holidays as you get 33 days meaning you don’t have to be off bank hols if you didn’t want too. Staff party’s also fab and free bars. Great big canteen area with cheap hot and cold foods, also newly opened coffee shop with your fancier coffee and cakes also cheap enough. Overall good place to work if the money was better for the job.
Pros
Christmas parties, people, canteen
Cons
Salary
good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Harrogate25 May 2018
cleaning a supermarket first thing in a morning , which included cleaning the checkouts , toilets and shop floor.I learned how to deep clean checkouts. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the jobs i had been given were done within a certain time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing work by 10am
Pros
finishing work early
Cons
early shifts
would not recommend
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire13 May 2018
Poor management some bad colleagues ruin it for hard workers. Brown nosers prosper while hard workers are mistreated. Bullies also prosper complaints never taken seriously in personal experience. Stay away.
Pros
non
Cons
many
Not a bad place to work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Lymedale Business Park28 February 2018
Trained, and left to do your job. No problems with management, hard to arrange a day off at short notice, but this is not unusual. Always paid on time, and correct amount.
Pros
Treated well from day 1
Cons
Low wage
nil
In store Technician (Former Employee) –  South East10 February 2018
not good- management does nothing but bully people
continual told we employ you not your family so just get it done.
no work /life/balance
long hours poor team work very stressful working conditions
Pros
nil
Cons
long hours-no thanks
Friendly staff
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 January 2018
Sweeping and mopping the floor and very often using the dust pan and brush with handle within the store. I especially enjoyed litter picking the car park and emptying all the outdoor bins it personally made myself happy. As this is usually the very start of a customer journey into the store.
Pros
Free teas and coffees
Cons
Split Shifts
Enjoyable job
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
I clean around the checkout and sales area every morning .Then i start my janitor shift which i love. I get so engrossed with what im doing that before i know it my shift is over .All The staff are brill. And i love to interact with the customers . Love my job
Pros
Overtime
Cons
6am Very early start
good experience
Cleaning Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2018
Good work place, but it is only part time job. I was happy to work here because it was work place close to my home. I was very happy with morning shift. I got a lot of experience at work and this will help me with my new job.
Overall
Store Cleaning Manager (Current Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Nice company
Regular Managmentment turnaround
No real drive to improve end product
sometimes too Reactive
Middle management external appointees have in last 3 years been shockingly poor
Pros
Flexibility in shifts patterns
Cons
Internal advancement process the worst in the industy

Want to know more about City Facilities Management?

Ask a question
great
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Derby4 January 2018
a really God Bussines to work for always helpfull had a really goos time working for them, over time was always offered and it really helped when needed
Great company
Asda Ace (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire6 December 2017
Great company to work for have enjoyed my time their family orientated.always try and help you. It's a great store and great people to work with. We're all a team
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Place to work
2nd/3rd Line Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 December 2017
Very staff friendly environment with plenty of benefits and rewards for all members of staff. Opportunities to progress within your role and given resources to advance your career through education allowances.
awful firm to work for
asda ace (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester2 December 2017
worked for the company for over 5 years and the way they treat employees is disgusting..average wages..our contracts (hours we work) get cut every year and poor management
Pros
none any more
Cons
to many to mention
A stable minimum, wage part time job
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire30 November 2017
I worked in two stints for a total of 6 1/2 years.

Second year in due to hours being cut I relocated to another store, which I returned back from 6 months later.

Subsequent yearly reviews meant further hours lost and the introduction of MicroFibre.

Good parts about the job being, it is a guaranteed job (due to long company contracts with the store) with stable hours and pay every fortnight, and the people you work with are lovely on the whole.

Bad points being, the yearly potential hours / job cuts, and people being lazy at doing their jobs are not challenged to improve by their manager.

Little to no chance of progression in the company.

Managers don't last very long.

Also the employee benefits scheme, although recently improved is still poor and not appropriate for people on such low income.

As one manager said, it's not a living wage but you've always got a job. But year on year, how many hours a week you will have could vary.
Pros
A stable job, regular hours and pay every two weeks.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor benefits, no chance of progression in the company
A stable minimum, wage part time job
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire30 November 2017
I worked in two stints for a total of 6 1/2 years.

Little to no chance of progression in the company.

Pros
A stable job, regular hours and pay every two weeks.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor benefits, no chance of progression in the company
Not a good place to work anymore
Evening cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 October 2017
City was once a great company to work for but it has slowly gone downhill over the past 5 years, hours are cut every February but jobs are added on, consequently people need a second job to survive but are then still expected to cover shifts regardless of circumstances. The microfibre cleaning which is basically cleaning with water is not sufficient in most areas ie toilets fresh areas ! The managers and supervisors do the best they can do under bad circumstances. I would only apply for city facilities if you don't mind having a 16 hour contract but working 40 and you don't mind having no life outside work due to phone calls to come in on the rare days off you get.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Losing hours but adding jobs on
Stable job
warehouse hygiene (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 October 2017
This company is good for someone who has been out of work for a while as a stepping stone to further employment, A learnt alot from the management there
Pros
8 hours shifts, part time Hours
Call centre based office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow26 September 2017
I worked here for about 9 months. Call centre based office. Worked with friendly people and the office environment was good also. I enjoyed my time here.
Poor management and worked overly hard due to lack of staff
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 September 2017
I have been with this company a little over a year. I have seen multiple people leave due to the same reason (management).

Lying in this workplace is common and nothing is done about it. Times and times again the morning supervisor has been caught doing nothing and lying about what he does with no backlash from the manager or area manager when brought up.

Due to severe lack of staff,we where all driven to work harder and has been like this for a little over 6 month.

Manager has no problem shouting at you or having a go at you for failing to do everything given on your list (even if you have humanly no time which you won't).

No career path as well, not any benefits.

If you come here, expect to be treated like garbage and having to put up with garbage.
Pros
It pays, that's it.
Cons
Bad management, over worked, no career path, discrimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Facilities Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9