City Electrical Factors Employee Reviews

good recieved
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne28 November 2018
having this as an work experience is good because it means that I have been able to have experience of dealing with stock also putting delivery's away
Pros
sort hours
Cons
cold
In house training and advance opertunities
Assistant branch manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex30 October 2018
I have been working for this company for over 5 years now and if you know the course you want to go either account manager or assistant manager you are given the opportunity to advance in that direction.
My day consists of checking the warehouse and counter for tidiness and presentation then i would check my same day range which details over 30,000 lines of goods which we must have available each day. I Purchase goods to keep us well stocked and serve customers quickly and professionally on the counter but always have room for banter. I answer the phones and build quotes when needed.
The culture is tough at the moment as the branch has very little staff.
The hardest part of my job is to maintain the busy parts of the day with goods in,quotes and serving customers when i only have 1 team member under me while the targets are to be met.
The most enjoyable part of my day is working as a team to relocate stock and building new presentations for profiles and being happy with the end result, meeting targets and feeling proud that i accomplished them and having a laugh with the staff when we meet that quiet patch of the day and jobs are complete.
Pros
flexible hours, if needed off. bonus depending on branch sales.
Cons
Long hours, rarely have lunch. poor recognition.
Good bunch of lads
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead17 October 2018
Money not very good witch is why I left very busy and never a lunch break no overtime pay even if u work late working no chance off progression kept as van driver
Pros
Good bunch of lads at branch
Cons
Long hours rubbish money
Good hours and work ethnic.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Flint, Liverpool and Manchester15 October 2018
I have lot thank CEF for, the job gave me confidence in sales and customer service which has come handy in most jobs I've worked after leaving. The hours were good working 7:30 til 5:30 every weekday and 4 hours on the odd Saturday, it is very good company to progress forward in and has some really good benefits. the most enjoyable part of the job for me personally was the hours I was able to socialize with friends and be book things out of work knowing i was only in set hours, also if you do well on sales the yearly bonus is nice and when you progress to sales representative or above you are provided with a car. The hardest part for me was the overload of work I understand that when you do something wrong there are consequences and you will be disciplined, but unfortunately as sales assistant in a busy branch you are given 5 jobs at a time and it is hard organize your jobs, It is one of the reasons I left but not the main reason. I learned a lot in CEF and i'm grateful but job was just a bit too much to handle for me .
Pros
Good hours, benefits, salary
Cons
Excpect 5 things to be done at once
Great Working Environment
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard22 July 2018
Each day varies from the last. New challenges, problems to solve.

Upper management makes you feel part of the team with various training days given to all levels of staff.

I worked for CEF and they taught me everything I needed to know to get me started in this industry, but the beauty of this industry is that you learn something new everyday.

Their computer system is second to none. The best in the industry and with the CEF online service, goods are available next day.
Pros
Free Training
Friendly Environment
Trade Counter Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne18 July 2018
My typical day at work can be inconsistent at times as some days we get a large quantity of customers during the day, and other days we have very little customers.

I have learnt an exceptional amount of terminology for electrical goods such as double sockets and light bulbs, that when selling a product, there has more potential for an after-sale of more goods and i have learnt that time management is a very key aspect of the job.

The management of the company is very professional and well established. The hardest part of the job is that the day can be very spontaneous as you can never know what to expect.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when making a sale to a customer knowing that they are satisfied with the goods and the customer service they have received.
Pros
Potential bonus at the end of the year, Friendly staff
Cons
Unpaid Saturday work, No Chance of Overtime
Amazing environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire6 June 2018
Great place to work City's i really cant say enough good things about it, in fact the only downside is the salaries and how the bonus is distributed. the working environment is the best I've experienced.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
low pay (Very Low)
Okay
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Folkestone19 April 2018
I was the only girl in a factory full of men so there were certain difficulties that arose at certain times
the guys were lovely and very helpful with everything!
Superb private company
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, Bristol16 March 2018
Having worked for this company from leaving school at the age of 17, I was in the fortunate position to progress through my career to a very senior level of Group Manager.

The company philosophy of CEF was to develop its staff, promoting from within.

With responsibilities of running your own business with monthly accounts, being responsible for full P&L. Setting annual targets and uncapped earnings through hard work and results.
Pros
Full accountability
poor mangment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire27 February 2018
stock levels where all wrong and was not being booked out proper and unfairly treated. liked the job and what I was doing would of carried on if it wasn't for the mangment
Good advancement chances
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highbury, Greater London15 January 2018
7:30 to 5:30 is a typical day, everyone is friendly. Work/life balance is poor. although there is very good chances to progress through the company to the top.
Cons
longggggg hours
Not recommended.
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly15 November 2017
After getting into the job via family, I started and then quickly wanted out.
To start with, you're only contracted 45 hours but you work 50 hours since breaks are non existent. You work from 7:30-5:30 and Saturday 8-12:30. ( The Saturday works on a rota so you don't work every weekend but you also aren't payed for it)
When you get into the job you are almost promised you will progress but that simply isn't true, progression means becoming in some ways, 1) relying on someone else having enough of the company and leaving and then clawing to get their position.
2) sitting in the company wasting your life away for years and years trying to become best friends with the area manager.
3) relying on having family who also work for the company to put in a good word.
Starting as the van driver you are, obviously left at the bottom of the food chain, once you have your one week of being guided along the job, suddenly everyone else is busy and you are left to do a million jobs whilst everyone sits and eats their Gregg's.
I highly do not recommend the job unless you are willing to be pushed around, forced to move around, change locations and work hours that you don't get paid for.
Pros
There is an annual bonus which is a portion of the branches profit.
Cons
This can be reduced if something happens such as someone denying the van.
massive company
DRIVER/SALES/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 November 2017
generaly a good place to work, a decent company to work for. you can gain a lot of knowledge and experiance. good banter with the tradesmen and good atmosphere between collegues.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 November 2017
I started of by removing stock from a shelving unit, then i moved the shelving unit to a higher floor to be reassembled. once reassembled, I reassembled the shelves and put the stock back in an order easy to understand.
Pros
Free Coffee
Productive and Fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  maidstone,canterbury,17 October 2017
seeing customers, sales in and out of office
i learned pretty much all my proffessioal sales experience from cef, the training was exceptional.
management was ok
workplace was always a fun place to be
results! but thats the joys of sales
everything.
Pros
free breakfast
Low Rating
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buntingford27 September 2017
The rating above says all that needs to be said.

A typical day at the B2B Division was spent dealing with courier claims, filing,, making coffee and running reports for the warehouse manager.
Work Place
Manchester Group Clerk/Pricer (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2017
A typical day would be to open the post for all the regions within the company.
Input invoices and purchase orders onto the database system.
Check prices of all orders on the works program and send them through to my line manager
Pros
full time work
Cons
travelling
Interesting place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
Typical duties included credit controlling and chasing debtors. Adhoc duties were also part of the job. I dealt with 5 branch's in London, and left due to the distance.
Pros
Interesting and good experience.
Cons
Distance
A great company to work for.
Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Folkestone10 August 2017
As I said in the title, a great company to work for! I enjoyed my time thoroughly working for CEF.

To put it in a few words, CEF looked after me as an employee. And what I mean by this is, you put in the work, and it will be noticed! As well as achievable bonus schemes, you were genuinely made to feel an integral part of the company, regardless of your position.

From having a great team of co workers, to my Manager being supportive, understanding and there for you. As well as this, the camaraderie shared with our account holders was priceless too, as they were great people.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with CEF.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Great place to learn
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire11 July 2017
If you want a place to start in the electrical industry, CEF is the place to begin your career.
Make sure you are ready to work hard, but you can progress through the company and rewarded for hard work.
Pros
Great experience and knowledge
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Electrical Factors. Our community is ready to answer.