City Electrical Factors Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard22 July 2018
Each day varies from the last. New challenges, problems to solve.

Upper management makes you feel part of the team with various training days given to all levels of staff.

I worked for CEF and they taught me everything I needed to know to get me started in this industry, but the beauty of this industry is that you learn something new everyday.

Their computer system is second to none. The best in the industry and with the CEF online service, goods are available next day.
Pros
Free Training
Amazing environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire6 June 2018
Great place to work City's i really cant say enough good things about it, in fact the only downside is the salaries and how the bonus is distributed. the working environment is the best I've experienced.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
low pay (Very Low)
Okay
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Folkestone19 April 2018
I was the only girl in a factory full of men so there were certain difficulties that arose at certain times
the guys were lovely and very helpful with everything!
Superb private company
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, Bristol16 March 2018
Having worked for this company from leaving school at the age of 17, I was in the fortunate position to progress through my career to a very senior level of Group Manager.

The company philosophy of CEF was to develop its staff, promoting from within.

With responsibilities of running your own business with monthly accounts, being responsible for full P&L. Setting annual targets and uncapped earnings through hard work and results.
Pros
Full accountability
poor mangment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire27 February 2018
stock levels where all wrong and was not being booked out proper and unfairly treated. liked the job and what I was doing would of carried on if it wasn't for the mangment
Good advancement chances
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highbury, Greater London15 January 2018
7:30 to 5:30 is a typical day, everyone is friendly. Work/life balance is poor. although there is very good chances to progress through the company to the top.
Cons
longggggg hours
Not recommended.
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly15 November 2017
After getting into the job via family, I started and then quickly wanted out.
To start with, you're only contracted 45 hours but you work 50 hours since breaks are non existent. You work from 7:30-5:30 and Saturday 8-12:30. ( The Saturday works on a rota so you don't work every weekend but you also aren't payed for it)
When you get into the job you are almost promised you will progress but that simply isn't true, progression means becoming in some ways, 1) relying on someone else having enough of the company and leaving and then clawing to get their position.
2) sitting in the company wasting your life away for years and years trying to become best friends with the area manager.
3) relying on having family who also work for the company to put in a good word.
Starting as the van driver you are, obviously left at the bottom of the food chain, once you have your one week of being guided along the job, suddenly everyone else is busy and you are left to do a million jobs whilst everyone sits and eats their Gregg's.
I highly do not recommend the job unless you are willing to be pushed around, forced to move around, change locations and work hours that you don't get paid for.
Pros
There is an annual bonus which is a portion of the branches profit.
Cons
This can be reduced if something happens such as someone denying the van.
massive company
DRIVER/SALES/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 November 2017
generaly a good place to work, a decent company to work for. you can gain a lot of knowledge and experiance. good banter with the tradesmen and good atmosphere between collegues.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 November 2017
I started of by removing stock from a shelving unit, then i moved the shelving unit to a higher floor to be reassembled. once reassembled, I reassembled the shelves and put the stock back in an order easy to understand.
Pros
Free Coffee
Productive and Fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  maidstone,canterbury,17 October 2017
seeing customers, sales in and out of office
i learned pretty much all my proffessioal sales experience from cef, the training was exceptional.
management was ok
workplace was always a fun place to be
results! but thats the joys of sales
everything.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons

Want to know more about City Electrical Factors?

Ask a question
Low Rating
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buntingford27 September 2017
The rating above says all that needs to be said.

A typical day at the B2B Division was spent dealing with courier claims, filing,, making coffee and running reports for the warehouse manager.
Work Place
Manchester Group Clerk/Pricer (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2017
A typical day would be to open the post for all the regions within the company.
Input invoices and purchase orders onto the database system.
Check prices of all orders on the works program and send them through to my line manager
Pros
full time work
Cons
travelling
Interesting place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
Typical duties included credit controlling and chasing debtors. Adhoc duties were also part of the job. I dealt with 5 branch's in London, and left due to the distance.
Pros
Interesting and good experience.
Cons
Distance
A great company to work for.
Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Folkestone10 August 2017
As I said in the title, a great company to work for! I enjoyed my time thoroughly working for CEF.

To put it in a few words, CEF looked after me as an employee. And what I mean by this is, you put in the work, and it will be noticed! As well as achievable bonus schemes, you were genuinely made to feel an integral part of the company, regardless of your position.

From having a great team of co workers, to my Manager being supportive, understanding and there for you. As well as this, the camaraderie shared with our account holders was priceless too, as they were great people.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with CEF.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Great place to learn
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire11 July 2017
If you want a place to start in the electrical industry, CEF is the place to begin your career.
Make sure you are ready to work hard, but you can progress through the company and rewarded for hard work.
Pros
Great experience and knowledge
A Great Place To Work If You Work Hard
Stores Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire25 May 2017
I've been with CEF for a number of years and in all my time I can honestly say that if you work hard here then you're career path is in your own hands!

It's great to work with people you like and with customers you can have a laugh with.
Pros
Limitless career potential even for those without degrees
Cons
1 in 3 weekend work unpaid, no lunch breaks
Productive and great experience
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 April 2017
Enjoyed my time with CEF, helped me gain vital experience. Management was excellent, and workload was easily manageable. Friendly staff and helpful to learn more parts of the trade.
Good company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbury10 April 2017
A well run business.
Regular and important industry training is provided at their Redditch site.
C.E.F have a good set up and like to train their staff to the benefit of their customers.
Pros
Great training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, Warwickshire19 March 2017
Working at CEF was a very busy environment, working in the accounts department dealing with the sale ledger of customers. The reason for leaving was my old was was advertised.
Oppportunities galore!
Stores Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset18 March 2017
Started by serving on trade counter picking orders goods in answering telephone and dealing with enquiries. Later given more responsibilities such as training on orders and on quoting customers to win more orders. Really positive company overall but sometimes higher management gave mixed messages and tie up the managers and reps with so many tasks to do they lose time of actually seeing customers. The Branch Manager always set the bar high for customer service which really worked. A lot to learn and always new products coming in, so difficult to keep up. Small teams mean everyone overworked all the time so no clear break time or time to do training. Seemed Most branches need more staff to even keep up
Pros
Fair bonus scheme, just lucky to work at one of the better locations
Cons
Everyone was overworked due to small teams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Electrical Factors. Our community is ready to answer.