City Electrical Factors Employee Reviews

Not recommended.
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly15 November 2017
After getting into the job via family, I started and then quickly wanted out.
To start with, you're only contracted 45 hours but you work 50 hours since breaks are non existent. You work from 7:30-5:30 and Saturday 8-12:30. ( The Saturday works on a rota so you don't work every weekend but you also aren't payed for it)
When you get into the job you are almost promised you will progress but that simply isn't true, progression means becoming in some ways, 1) relying on someone else having enough of the company and leaving and then clawing to get their position.
2) sitting in the company wasting your life away for years and years trying to become best friends with the area manager.
3) relying on having family who also work for the company to put in a good word.
Starting as the van driver you are, obviously left at the bottom of the food chain, once you have your one week of being guided along the job, suddenly everyone else is busy and you are left to do a million jobs whilst everyone sits and eats their Gregg's.
I highly do not recommend the job unless you are willing to be pushed around, forced to move around, change locations and work hours that you don't get paid for.
Pros
There is an annual bonus which is a portion of the branches profit.
Cons
This can be reduced if something happens such as someone denying the van.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 November 2017
I started of by removing stock from a shelving unit, then i moved the shelving unit to a higher floor to be reassembled. once reassembled, I reassembled the shelves and put the stock back in an order easy to understand.
Pros
Free Coffee
Productive and Fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  maidstone,canterbury,17 October 2017
seeing customers, sales in and out of office
i learned pretty much all my proffessioal sales experience from cef, the training was exceptional.
management was ok
workplace was always a fun place to be
results! but thats the joys of sales
everything.
Pros
free breakfast
Low Rating
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buntingford27 September 2017
The rating above says all that needs to be said.

A typical day at the B2B Division was spent dealing with courier claims, filing,, making coffee and running reports for the warehouse manager.
Work Place
Manchester Group Clerk/Pricer (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2017
A typical day would be to open the post for all the regions within the company.
Input invoices and purchase orders onto the database system.
Check prices of all orders on the works program and send them through to my line manager
Pros
full time work
Cons
travelling
Interesting place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
Typical duties included credit controlling and chasing debtors. Adhoc duties were also part of the job. I dealt with 5 branch's in London, and left due to the distance.
Pros
Interesting and good experience.
Cons
Distance
A great company to work for.
Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Folkestone10 August 2017
As I said in the title, a great company to work for! I enjoyed my time thoroughly working for CEF.

To put it in a few words, CEF looked after me as an employee. And what I mean by this is, you put in the work, and it will be noticed! As well as achievable bonus schemes, you were genuinely made to feel an integral part of the company, regardless of your position.

From having a great team of co workers, to my Manager being supportive, understanding and there for you. As well as this, the camaraderie shared with our account holders was priceless too, as they were great people.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with CEF.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Great place to learn
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire11 July 2017
If you want a place to start in the electrical industry, CEF is the place to begin your career.
Make sure you are ready to work hard, but you can progress through the company and rewarded for hard work.
Pros
Great experience and knowledge
A Great Place To Work If You Work Hard
Stores Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire25 May 2017
I've been with CEF for a number of years and in all my time I can honestly say that if you work hard here then you're career path is in your own hands!

It's great to work with people you like and with customers you can have a laugh with.
Pros
Limitless career potential even for those without degrees
Cons
1 in 3 weekend work unpaid, no lunch breaks
Productive and great experience
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 April 2017
Enjoyed my time with CEF, helped me gain vital experience. Management was excellent, and workload was easily manageable. Friendly staff and helpful to learn more parts of the trade.
Good company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbury10 April 2017
A well run business.
Regular and important industry training is provided at their Redditch site.
C.E.F have a good set up and like to train their staff to the benefit of their customers.
Pros
Great training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, Warwickshire19 March 2017
Working at CEF was a very busy environment, working in the accounts department dealing with the sale ledger of customers. The reason for leaving was my old was was advertised.
Oppportunities galore!
Stores Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset18 March 2017
Started by serving on trade counter picking orders goods in answering telephone and dealing with enquiries. Later given more responsibilities such as training on orders and on quoting customers to win more orders. Really positive company overall but sometimes higher management gave mixed messages and tie up the managers and reps with so many tasks to do they lose time of actually seeing customers. The Branch Manager always set the bar high for customer service which really worked. A lot to learn and always new products coming in, so difficult to keep up. Small teams mean everyone overworked all the time so no clear break time or time to do training. Seemed Most branches need more staff to even keep up
Pros
Fair bonus scheme, just lucky to work at one of the better locations
Cons
Everyone was overworked due to small teams.
Productive and hard working
Stores Manager (Current Employee) –  Crayford, Kent14 March 2017
Most of my days include customer service, stock ordering, making sure all stock levels are correct.

Dealing with customers via counter or telephone on a day to day basis.
Boring, mind numbing work
stores assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales31 January 2017
They heavily under pay you and they don't seem to care about employee welfare, the company as a whole is just a big corporate mess with an American trying to run a mainly British company. You'll be forced to work additional days with no pay on any extra days, and cut every single dinner break you have short.
Pros
you get to realise how much theyre ripping people off
Cons
working 48 hours a week and getting paid barely anything
Field Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North West10 January 2017
Typical day in work. Get to the office for 7:30am. Prepare diary ready for the day ahead. What customers I will be seeing, plan my route for the day to maximise my time spent customer faced. Learned a lot about Electrical product knowledge and what competitors offer compared to ourselves and who is the main competition. Also learned never to be afraid to ask for the customer business outright.
Managment are all plastic managers who love to live by ranking. So for example if your a van driver or stores person your basicly scum and you empty out bins and do all the donkey work. I got looked at with daggers one day for emptying my own bin as I should of left it it for the lower work force. Hardest part of the job is the long hours and trying to maximise your time with customers but also making sure you fill in your online diary and complete by the end of day or you will get it in the neck the next day, you tend to find the only time to complete this outside of work hours in your own time. Most enjoyable part is being out free on the road to see you customers and hunt for business.
Pros
Company Car with fuel card
Cons
Long hours for the money, massively corrupt company
A great experience
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derry10 November 2016
I have gained many skills working with City Electrical Factors and i believe these skills have helped me grow as a person in terms of my attitude and approach to work. On a daily basis i would deal with customers both face to face and over the phone and would always succeed in satisfying each persons query even if it means waiting to other members of staff were free to question them and then solve the problem. I maintained great relationships with each member of staff in City Electrical Factors and there was always a fun and friendly relationship which made work more enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I did not receive a lot of hours or great pay as a younger part time member of staff
Nightmare
stores and sales (Former Employee) –  Midlands28 October 2016
My 1st job was with this company. The manager was abusive, bullying and mentally unstable. This has stayed with me for 30 years. If I could sue this company retrospectively I would . Absolute nightmare of a place to work at 1st. I did get promoted and had a better manager but I was young then , I would never go back. Stressful, long hours and unsupportive.
Pros
1st job
Cons
long hours, poor pay, abusive manager
Brilliant place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent26 October 2016
Brilliant career , but poor salary's
Long hours . No lunch break .. not many opportunities to move up further careers
...........................................................
......
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours . Low wages
strong workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre24 October 2016
• Attending daily meetings to ensure new business growth on sales targets.
• Gaining a strong knowledge and understanding of each client and there requirements.
• Developing new business via cold calling for a new customer base.
• Planning a daily diary, allowing each day to be structured, aimed at generate its maximum potential for the business.
• Managing a wide range of accounts from small Limited companies to National Accounts in the area.
Pros
salary
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Electrical Factors. Our community is ready to answer.