City Electrical Factors Ltd Employee Reviews

Good place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welshpool, Powys31 December 2017
Great place to work just very long hours and lots of traveling looking for a more internal role in sales and purchasing hopefully working In a team maybe also look at change of career
Pros
Good team
Multi National Company with large benefits depending on your profitability
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 November 2017
This company enjoyed a huge expansion worldwide from when I joined in 1984 to 2010. Rewarding and exciting environment to work in . Responsible for all branch activity from hiring staff to stock control and profitability.
Pros
Very good uncapped bonus scheme and car ownership
Cons
Saturday working
Steady
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teesside2 October 2017
Unrewarding long hours in a extremely competitive market. Gained some great lifeskills in what is a dated ran company. Relaxing work environment although changes in the company making it less personal
Pros
job security, hugely competitive industry
Cons
Awful pensions, long hours
Overworked and underpaid
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex14 September 2017
Stay away from working for this company. You are expected to start at 7:30am and work well past 5:30. £17,500 a year for a 60 hour working week just isn't right.
Pros
Own boss when out on the road
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, 60 hour week is the minimum
Good at times
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire24 August 2017
I have worked for CEF since I have finished school, at times it can be a good company to work for but it depends on the branch you work for. They have long and underpaid working hours and you don't get a dinner break.
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
Succesfull company with a poor work life balance
Stores Manager (Current Employee) –  England24 August 2017
Low staff levels
Internal promotion
Poor work life balance
Unpaid overtime
Weekend working
Long working hours no breaks
Poor staff retention
Good training and possibilities of progression
Average company to work for
Store's manager (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire12 March 2017
City electrical factors is an overall ok company to work for, with the wages and holidays being rather small. The company offers room to progress when applicable but you could be disappointed with the salary package when you do get such opportunity. The hours are very long with a 7.30 to 5.30 every day with having to work over with no extra pay / over time.
Pros
Progression when suitable
Cons
Wage, long hours, 20 days holiday
Good place to work if you work hard
Purchase Ledger Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, Warwickshire20 February 2017
I enjoyed my time working for the company as the length of time I worked for them proves. It is somewhere where if you work hard you can reap the benefits.
Pros
Relaxed place of work
Cons
Not much opputunity to forward career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, Dorset24 January 2017
Good place to work from a bust trade counter to having good relationships with customers.
Also to understand and review all new products
Pros
Holidays
50/50 good training not so good wage
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon6 November 2016
takes a while to get used to stock lines

everyone is helpful
training provided
didnt feel salory was good enough for my role
Cef
Sales Assistant / Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke1 November 2016
I wasn't there too long due to unforseen circumstances but they seemed a decent company to work for. The job was varied and the company seemed well managed. Staff from other branches were always friendly and helpful.
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgend7 October 2016
Loved working here, great guys, decent wages. Yearly bonus and plenty of options to promote or move branch. Loads to learn and very satisfying job role. Great work life/social life balance. Recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Weekends expected
Challenging and comlicated
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton28 September 2016
My typical day started with planning areas to target and addressing my diary.Following that I had to sort all my customers problems so I could start my day off right. I learnt that being the cheapest wasn't always the way forward as quality did count for a lot but not to some. My managers were under so much pressure to achieve targets that unfortunately they wouldn't really have time to see you unless you were under performing which sometimes happened around Christmas times and the early part of the new year. Most of my co-workers were great but unfortunately some were not meant for wholesale industries or customer interaction jobs. The hardest part of this job was opening new accounts especially with some of the accounts practices living in the dark ages when it came to credit facilities and practices. The most enjoyable was winning large contracts/jobs with some contractors and actually seeing the product installed and working.
Pros
Training
Cons
Hours and Salary
Fun place to work
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Trafford28 July 2016
Really enjoyed working for city electrical factors good company to work for only not very good pay but enjoyed being my own boss on the road and meeting people on the deliverys got to take van home only
Pros
Just bad pay
Cons
38 hrs
great company
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  bournemouth13 May 2014
typical day get in a 7:30 and finish at 5:30 would be on feet all day never a chance to stop always busy doing something
Pros
paid
Cons
50 hour weeks
great place to work
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen29 July 2013
as stores manager my main duties were delegating duties to other members of staff an assure they were carried out as per company requirements day to day. Tool box talk on tasks on duties/orders that needed to be carried out that day. Purchasing orders for stock required and assuring best price possible for the specific item. Organizing delivery's direct to site for customers, expediting on orders to insure delivery was on time and dealing with any issues the accord and leasing with the customers direct.
I dealt with my own customer accounts, from outstanding bills/credit for accounts, to questions or queries they might have.
Through this role i learned allot about how to communicate and delegate better within a management role, i also learned that assuring a good client base with suppliers and customers is keys in this type of role.
as part of the management team i answered to a branch manager and general manager and was able to discuss and put an opinion across on the best way forward for the company an to generate gross profit.
i got on well with most of the employees within the company and still remain good friend with most including management.
The hardest part of my job was the hours required towards the end of my employment which became very unsociable and very stressful.
i liked this job as i was kept busy, i had a very good work force working for the company, and we will gave 110% to their day to day tasks and duties, i gained friends through this position and enjoyed every moment of it..
Pros
job enjoyment