City & Guilds

City & Guilds Employee Reviews

United Kingdom49 reviews
Creative Environment, brilliant
Challenging, engaging and collaborative culture. I would work here again. Truly an inspirational environment created with supportive managers and key company incentives and initiatives.
Productive and fun
Well lead organisation with the benefits for the role of working from home and able to work around personal commitments. Colleagues fully supportive and always on hand to help out.
Good qualification
Easy to gain this qualification also easy to apply, they offer many other good quality qualifications, everyone in the class passed with ease............
Became toxic under new management
Toxic environment to work in. A lot of management should not be people managers. Poor support from HR.
The benefits are ok and some areas are really interesting.
Great place to work in a learning environment
Developed my career in a number of senior management roles in a great learning environment. The workplace culture was very much about helping and supporting learner outcomes, often the most disadvantaged.
Productive workplace, professional
This was a fun place to work for 9 years. Very commercial and sales focused, a little too much from senior management but in general was a great place to work with lots of opportunities for travel, progression and bonus!
Company behind the times
My time with this company was challenging as the companies premises were not really suitable for the work that was being carried out there. The rules were constantly changing to suit which I was not happy with.
Pros
Short distance from home
Cons
Poor work ethics
I have worked for C&G for a few years as an Moderator and exam marker and they are very supportive to their employees. Everyone is helpful and friendly when I go to the head office in London.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Travel
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City & Guilds?
Brilliant boss and staff
North West Skills Academy is a great place to work. Only the withdrawal of funding and my job ending is forcing me to look for another job. Brilliant boss and staff.
Pros
Free parking, tea, coffee, bottled water and fruit.
fun workplace
trained at london gatwick as a fully qualified electrician for a while, before setting up self employed business. typical day to day work of an electrician.
great place to learn
i really enjoyed my time with this college, they were very welcoming and found it very comfortable to learn here. the staff and students made me feel welcome that gave me a relaxed and can do attitude.
Highly professional and structured business
A typical day involved Internal Stakeholder engagement and liaison with external stakeholders to secure goods & services.
Learned professional procurement best practice.

Well organised management structure.

Most enjoyed working on educational materials that can change other peoples lives for the better.
Pros
Very structured and well organised
Delivers on values
A great place to work. Continues to deliver quality products and services. Working to ensure that people are provided with the means to improve and progress in their carer.
me at collge
fun games going to studdiy then sit examse to high standerd meeting up with mate at back time not much more to say really wot u see is wot u get i try my best at new things
Good Marketing structure
A good structure to the team, they took time to educate their staff and looked for those who were performing well for advancement. Really understood the importance of marketing within business
A fun, highly motivating office work space with a good team balance and great management. Would recommend to parents as well as career focused individuals.
Pros
Help with nursery care
Cons
Can be high stress
good working environment
i studied with a company to get my city and guilds qualification, it was a good working environment, and great to meet people from all walks of life. it has allowed me to gain a new skill that i hope will take me further in life.
Pros
weekend only
great
this was a great place to learn and also help others with different situations in life, the staff were very frienly, helpful and supportive amd i learnt alot
Lovely people
Lovely people to work with
Fast paced

The workload would change on a daily basis. Impossible to become bored of the work.

Better training could be provided to new employees.
Not a place I would recommend working
Work/Life balance seemed to depend on teams and line managers and the environment was relentless and unsupportive. Processes and procedures changed constantly and communicated poorly.
challenging environment
A typical day was working with groups of unemployed people and delivering accredited employability training. The environment was cramped and disorganised but I enjoyed team teaching with other trainers.
Pros
team teaching
Cons
poor resources