City & County Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Terrible work life balance and unrealistic expectations
NA (Former Employee) –  UK27 March 2019
Senior Management support is lacking. Point and blame culture.

Very poor leadership.

Do not value staff.

No work life balance, expect staff to work 24/7 with no support to management with a blame culture. No one takes responsibility.
Pros
Cons
long hours no thanks
Empowering and Inspirational Place to work
Head of Internal Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 December 2018
Fantastic to be part of such a caring and exciting company. With continued growth and development the opportunities are endless and the support is faultless.
Busy place to work
Sales Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 October 2018
Very fast paced, pick up work as soon as you arrive and do not stop until the second you leave with there being so many different companies that City and County are the holding company for
Busy but good place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  North East England30 August 2018
A good place to work at, good control over workload and frequent management support.

Good support from central staff. A little behind on IT equipment and processes though
Pros
Varied work, good culture
Cons
Pay below industry standard, high workload, slow equipment and internet
My experience with ISS Healthcare
Trainer (Current Employee) –  ISS Healthcare Torfaen24 August 2018
I have worked for ISS Healthcare for 10 years and I have never felt more satisfied in the working environment and feel like I have full support if needed. I also really enjoy supporting staff members to enjoy their work building their knowledge in supporting Individuals to be able to live in their own homes. This is the most rewarding job bringing a smile to someone's face and making a big difference to their lives.
Fun and productive workplace
Recruitment officer (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset24 August 2018
I joined City & County a few months ago and I have been really impressed with my journey so far.

I have a fantastic relationship with senior management, my branch manager and care staff.

The culture is very family orientated, there is always someone around for support when you need it.

As a recruiter my role is challenging however I use tools around the business to make sure I am effective with my role.
Pros
Supportive office staff, Fantastic career prospects
Never worked for such a poor company
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 June 2018
I have never worked for a company where the management team are so underqualified and inexperienced. My boss who was the registered manager had only ever worked as a senior carer before gaining the position of a registered manager covering 3 large extra care schemes comprising of approx. 100 staff and nearly 200 customers. The company is not aware of it's own policies and procedures and treats it's staff very poorly. It is a company that prefers staff not to know what their contractual rights are and will get rid of staff at the drop of a hat. If you are a yes person, this company is for you. If you are wanting to have job satisfaction, security and career development - then look elsewhere.
Awful!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Devon20 April 2018
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. They do not care about their care workers, do not pay for induction (which is illegal) and the management is absolutely shocking!
Ruthless, incompetent and uncaring
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
Ruthless and unpleasant management. These attitudes filter down to staff so anyone with compassion ad intelligence leaves very quickly. An amalgamation of a large number of companies, they haven't been merged into a coherent whole and so there isn't a feeling of belonging.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management
Great company
Operational Support Manager (Former Employee) –  National12 August 2016
The company is great, as with all care companies there's a few poor employees, but the management at senior level are second to none. Senior being above regional manager.
Pros
nice people to work with and an ethical company
Cons
low level low quality regional mangement
A busy and interesting environment
Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham15 May 2014
There is never a dull day at City & County Healthcare, working here I have learnt the necessity to prioritize workloads and keep a cool head under stress.
Pros
Regular Work
Cons
Little Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City & County Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

City & County Healthcare Group Reviews by Job Title