Citizens Advice Employee Reviews

Good start to work life
Paper Girl (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire3 January 2018
It a good start to a working life. It has to be done on a Wednesday or no later than a Thursday. So timing has to be thougjt about. Its an all weather job.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
All weathers
Essential service for those in need.
Generalist Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bideford, Devon29 November 2017
Excellent organisation. A priveledge to work for them. Considerate management. They encourage your personal and professional development and treat you with respect and gratitude.
Very friendly place to work
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 November 2017
I really enjoyed doing my voluntary work at citizens advice. The staff are very friendly and helpful, I'm hoping to return one day to do more work there.
good wheelchair space
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 November 2017
i felt like i was not being listened to when requests for help with training aspects. the good side the was meeting with the staff when i needed them.
Pros
nice team members
Cons
management
good experience
Office Assistant (Volunteer Gateway (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 November 2017
Also working at the CAB is another huge opportunity gained to have met different people from various levels. I have gained more skills and experience to work under any pressure independently
Pros
free bus pass
Cons
Tameside
cab
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire4 October 2017
i didn't like this job because i wasn't focused enough on what i was to do however i would put this company down as they are hard working individuals who do a great job at helping people
Pros
milkshakes
Cons
had to wait an hour to go home after finishing time
Challenging and rewarding
Volunteer Gateway Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford3 October 2017
A great place to work. Free training and lots of support available. Very rewarding because you have the chance to help people and meet other volunteers.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Admin Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Redbridge, Greater London29 September 2017
Working for this organization is both a joy and a privilege. To know you are volunteering for a good cause is enough motivation to turn up and help in any way possible. Staff is incredibly friendly and always thankful
Fun to work - Friendly Staff
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Harlow27 September 2017
They were all friendly and knew we were on a timescale to make a video for them - They were understanding and compassionate towards us and gave us enough time to finish our work.
productive
Volunteer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire24 September 2017
I basically interview clients with the aim of exploring their problems in other to proffer a legal solution.
I also help clients analyse legal documents and write letters on their behalf
Pros
free teas
Cons
no parking space
Amazing!
Voluntary Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liskeard19 September 2017
Everyone I met was always so helpful and willing to help. They are all caring and supportive. I have never met such a delightful group of people to work for.
Pros
Excellent people
Rewarding
Gateway Assessor (Current Employee) –  Lancashire18 September 2017
Volunteering here helping clients is rewarding and a lot can be learnt through the training provided and the experience gained from seeing clients with a wide range of issues.
Productive and quiet workplace
IT Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 September 2017
A good place to be.Colleagues are very focused and the environment is always clean and friendly. Managers are very joyful and are so close to the employees. Nice place.
Great place to help others
Receptionist and Gateway Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire16 September 2017
I found through my voluntary work that I was learning a lot about legislation and the law. Being able to help others and working with a great team of other volunteers was a superb way back into work when my child started school. The paid staff were really supportive and friendly.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
not enough hours in the day to be able to help
Good place to volunteer for.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nantwich, Cheshire14 September 2017
Helpful people who give an understanding of the importance of the citizens advice bureau.

No two jobs were the same, dealing with customer interaction and the handling of confidential information.
Soul destroying, bullying is rife
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, South Wales11 September 2017
Terrible management. Previously worked here ten years plus, during this time unfortunately witnessed far too many instances of unpleasant and frankly bullying behaviour. Several members of paid staff been forced to leave consequently. Management appear to condone the bullying and have witnessed them exhibit the behaviour.
Volunteers however highly valued, you don't get to see the real deal unless you are a paid member of staff.
Great place to work as a volunteer, but if your face doesn't fit forget it.
Work related stress also an issue.with unrelenting pressure at times and long hours.
Care more about their image than the well being of their staff.
Pros
Good for volunteer work, training programme
Cons
Long hours, bullying
Voluntary Work
Gateway Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire11 September 2017
Very interesting job and nice to meet members of the public and feel as if you could help in some way. This was a voluntary job and all of the Gateway Assessors work for no pay and therefore the hours were dependant upon what suits each person as an individual.
Lovely people
volunteer receptionist admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham1 September 2017
Very interesting field and a great learning curve,very lovely people to work with,manage own workload,very supportive team. Flexible approaches and a real sense of family and team work enviroment
Fun but also serious workplace
Helper (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire1 September 2017
My whole experience was fun and interesting and it also gave me knowledge and experience of a office workplace. Everyone who worked there made me feel welcome.
Pros
experience
Great learning experience.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire27 August 2017
I worked for the Citizens Advice Bureau through a Jobcentre temporary back to work program. This refreshed my administration duties. I also enjoyed my hours.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Work placement