Citi Employee Reviews

Mon experience au sein de Citigroup London
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Londres, GB9 March 2016
C'etait l'une des meilleures mission de remplacement qu'il m'ait été donnée d'avoir à remplir. Environnement agréable et multiculturel, excellente ambiance... jusqu'au restaurant d'entreprise très sympathique.
Grosse charge de travail (heures) mais bien prisent en charge par l'entreprise. J'y ai eu l'opportunite d'assister des profils de grandes direction (Présidence, Direction Generale...) et j'ai adorée travailler pour ces derniers. J'étais triste de les quitter lors de mon depart pour la France, c'est un employeur et un cadre (Citigroup pour son siège base à Londres du moins) que je recommande vivement.
Great place to work and learn
Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist (ITSM) (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2016
If you want to learn as you work, travel the world and enjoy the culture of continuous change then I would recommend Citi.
Pros
Large organisation lots of opportunities globally
Cons
London not a favoured location for work unless you are directly interfacing with clients.
Positiva
Analista Financiero (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2016
Mi función principal era ayudar a los gestores de cartera con la gestión de carteras de inversión para los clientes del Citi Private Bank. El papel era muy variado , con un énfasis fundamental en el servicio al cliente y la aplicación de estrategias de operación en la industria de gestión de patrimonios.
Challenging environment, rewarding but unsustainable
Securities Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 February 2016
No day was ever typical. The only thing that was typical in here was curveballs. I worked hard, was articulate and resilient, all of which stood me in good stead, however the attrition rate in the team was like nothing I've ever experienced. At all levels, it seemed like only a matter of time before someone moved on or buckled under the pressure. Still, the people I worked beside showed amazing team spirit and commitment. A great learning experience.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and develop
Cons
Lack of support and understanding of the function from management
Definitely not the right place to work in IT
IT (Current Employee) –  London(UK)11 December 2015
If you will ever join and IT department within Citi, the first thing you will notice is (in general) the average age : too high. So if you are looking for a fresh, dynamic and young environment it's definitely not the right place for you. It can be a great place to work depending on your career aspirations and if you enjoy working in a very international company. This means that you can be left alone with all your team working abroad or in other cities, this might sound exciting for some people, but in my opinion it's depressing. There's a self-starter attitude which is very good because it forces you to learn and improve your skills. Managers are friendly and open to any discussion or questions you might have. I would personally reduce the possibility to work from home because I noticed that many are taking advantage of this not coming to the office for weeks/months deteriorating the social atmosphere. Job security is low as most of the financial institutes so you must be prepared to change your chair quickly without second thoughts.
Pros
Work-life balance, low pressure, self-starter attitude, company prestige
Cons
Average age high, poor involvement, low morale, job security
Productive workplace.
TEAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf10 December 2015
On a day to day basis at Citi I would organise meetings including multimedia meetings, deal with incoming email queries, update and upload colleagues travel and holiday calendars documents and manage SharePoint site, Manage all colleagues holiday. Manage colleagues expense preparing and submitting. Book travel for colleagues, Provide assistance preparing presentations for meetings and other documents. Assisting visitors when travelling to London and showing them around the meeting rooms etc. Submitting and reviewing invoices via P2P. Making sure stationary stock is up to date.
Pros
Gaining more experience
International Financial Services Firm overcoming challenges and missteps
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK22 November 2015
Large, full service. international, financial firm. Extent provides many opportunities to branch out, take on new aspects of business and interact with different cultures.

Complexity and hierarchy spawn bureaucracy, fiefdoms, internal tension.
Pros
Working with great people from around the world, can be part of every aspect of banking and finance without changing firms
Cons
Bureaucratic to a fault, poor morale, leadership too focused on musical chairs.
Very professional mindset
Migration Analyst/Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT8 November 2015
Was only at Citi in Edinburgh for 2 months. Very good atmosphere, very good support from colleagues and managers alike. Extremely professional environment.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
n/a
Productive and interesting job
Exec Secretary, Euro Sales & Trading Compliance (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 October 2015
Great place to work. The location was in the east end of London and had a great view. I was promoted and given 5 raises while at Citi.
Pros
Good Pay and respected by managment
Cons
Long commute
Good Salary
Operations Analyst- Securities Processing (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 October 2015
Pay is good for Belfast
Challenging work
Very competitive
Long Hours
Limited Travel Occupation for Some roles
Recommended Overall
Great Workplace
Global Events Producer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 October 2015
Amazing people and great work ethics

Typical day consists of talking to colleagues and arranging VIP Conferences - wonderful people.
Pros
Great Restaurant
Cons
Eat to much
working to dead lines
Senior Settlements Administrator - Crest (Current Employee) –  Matching, ENG15 September 2015
The best part of the job was being able to learn something new but being left to work on my own but knowing there was help from Management if needed
Pros
flexability
Global Financial Institution
Relationship Manager (IBC) (Current Employee) –  London, ENG6 September 2015
One of the leading financial institutions in the world. Provided lots of learning opportunities. Overall, excellent company to work with.
The daily tasks was to ensure all the deals where processed in timely manner. Great time to work with.
TREASURY OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  LONDON16 August 2015
You did your individual tasks set and that was to ensure that all the urgently deals and pavements were processed in timely manner and that the dealers had their positions in time. so there was no costs to the bank.
The team was really good to work for as we all had common goals and that was to complete that tasks in timely manner and minimum costs to the bank.
Pros
sometimes you had lunch with seniors
Cons
late nights at monthend
Start of my Career
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2015
Joined as a junior. Worked myself up to Sr Admin Assitant within 5 years. Learnt from and met some amazing professional bankers.
Interesting and diverse
Client Service Officer for HNW clients (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, ENG20 July 2015
Great team to work with, with a wide range of duties, Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. Have learned about mutual funds, structured note products, FX and a little about brokerage. Lovely to interact with so many different cultures and diverse teams. Supporting relationship managers and dealing with HNW clients day to day queries.
Challangeing fast paced environment
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 July 2015
Great job, great company. The only spoiler is a few terrible managers. As with many companies no matter how good they are a few bad managers can ruin it.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Small presence in the UK
Relaxed environment, with autonomous working.
BANKER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York17 June 2015
Very nice working environment, with good levels of autonomy. You must be a self- starter to fit in comfortably, but the culture is open and friendly.
I held various senior admin roles at Citibank where I was employed for 11 years
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2015
My work at Citibank was very varied and I was fortunate enough to work in different areas of the bank through my promotion. This was due to recognition of my hard work, commitment to the bank and my high level of administration skills that I brought to the bank
Pros
The opportunity to gain promotion within the same organisation due to its size
Cons
You were required to work long hours, sometimes through the night and weekends.
Fun charity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 June 2015
I was in a team of three in acompetition for a Citi Bank internship, and we had to raise as much money as we can for charity. We chose the "Music in Hospitals" charity, for which we played music in the streets to collect donations from people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K