Citi Employee Reviews

Found 212 reviews matching the search See all 15,033 reviews
Excellent opportunity for personal growth
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2017
By balancing delivery of key tasks and prioritise according to business pressures, provide comprehensive Administrative Support, which incorporating Office Manager role, engaging in monthly Budget reviews and assisting Business Control Officer with Compliance tasks.

Citi is a strong supporter of diversity and has won awards for supporting work and family life balance.

The job has many challenges due to the competitive wealth management arena and various regulatory requirements by the FCA. The business however has remained profitable due the longevity in this market.

The day to day challenges in this role gives rise to the growth of opportunities to take on more responsibilities, which is evident from my additional responsibilities of assisting the Business Control Officer with compliance tasks.

Overall, Citi is a good company to work for. The opportunities, coupled with training, growth opportunities and promoted diversity culture is what I believe contributes to Citi being the number one company in the world. Management through performance ratings and renumeration does recognise your hard work and efforts, thus i was happy to give Citi 12 years of my service.
Pros
Diversity and cuture
Exciting and challenging workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 January 2017
During 15 years at Citi I worked in many different areas of the bank, which provided me with invaluable experience. It is an interesting and challenging environment, providing opportunities across a number of products and services.
Pros
Global company offering a lot of opportunities
Cons
Banking is volatile environment
Highly Structured Working Environment
CitiDirect Environments Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisham and Canary Wharf, London17 January 2017
Citibank operated a highly structured IT environment with clear processes and procedures in place. Excellent training and documentation.

They were going through the process of reducing costs by replacing contractors and permanent staff with offshore low cost resources. This was successful in Development, but not so in application support, where experience is irreplaceable.
Pros
IT Services Staff, clearly defined processes, highly structured procedures, strong documentation, good training program
Cons
Loss of experience replaced by inexperienced offshore resources
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Great company
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities. Great training and development. Breadth of people is extremely diverse. Work / life balance can be a challenge.
Structured hire program
Financial Management Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 December 2016
Citi has a balanced-culture working place. I got the chance to rotate within 3 different functions throughout the program. Since Citi is such a big organisation, I also got the chance to liaise with other offices for project execution.
Good place to progress
VP – ETD Operations Control (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2016
I was given the opportunity to gain an in-depth product knowledge covering all operational areas and work overseas in the US. Progressed to VP level from a junior clerical role.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Experience being lost due to extensive off-shoring
good workplace
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 November 2016
a lot of trainings provided
great opportunities
client relationship management
self management and problem-solving
good working conditions
the hardest part of the job might be workload, but it is manageable
Great Place to work
Senior Operations and Service Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 November 2016
Citi Is a great place to work in, its Brand is very popular, gave me a great opportunity to grow in this organisation, worked here for 16 years, and I had job satisfaction.
Fun and enjoyable trips for staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2016
Would love to work for them again it was a pleasure and honour to work for such a professional company, giving young people the best opportunities to expand their experience and build confidence
Pros
Free lunches
muddled monster
Positions Held - SENIOR OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2016
In my opinion many things at Citi were good. The working environment was good and there was a positive, considered approach to employee welfare and, for non customer facing roles, working from home was possible. All of which assisted a good work/life balance to be achieved. There was never any need to worry that the wage bill wouldn't be met.
As a mega financial corporation though it appeared to have become an out of control monster. Management roles were filled by those who were desperate to rise to the top not necessarily those who could assist the corporation to rise to the top. As a result there was much duplication of effort as one manager tried to push his/her team to outdo another, or simply a process would fall to the first team to hear about the requirement. There was little or no clear direction indicated by the top managers. There was almost a free-for-all attitude when a task was identified as being required. Now that may be a new trend, or an American style, for management but to me it seemed like a rudderless ship being directed by the strongest current at any single moment in time leading to disjointed processes. In short a required result was identified but the route or path to achieving that result was not.
Pros
Good work/life balance possible
Cons
Uncertainty of requirements and roles
The industry is changing
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London31 October 2016
Pros
Good training ground for mastering valuation basics and see how a global bank manages processes for its clients
- sell side exposure
- buy side exposure
- IPO exposure
- financing exposure

Cons
- limited efficiency
- slow processes
- replication of work
- limited exposure to clients requests
Good wages - Bad management
AML (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 October 2016
Great wages with a large firm however managed poorly and personalities often override logical choices. Don't work here - its a mess but the staff are nice but badly managed.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
Data Cleanser Analysts (Former Employee) –  33 Canary Wharf London21 October 2016
My time at Citibank was very productive from start to finish as the job I done was essential to the business. As a Data Cleanser which was checking globally that the work that was input the day before was correct if not was sent out to the appropriate office to complete task.
I completed a lot of in house courses that were essential to my job at Citi. My co workers were brilliant and the desk was a great & fun place to be on.Seeing the end results of work be completed was the best part of the job ..
Productive and a fun and friendly environment.
Client facilitation (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf Group, 33 Canada Sq, London E14 5LB8 October 2016
A typical day at work would be getting to work on time depending on the department you are in as for me call in time was 9 am. i learned a lot which has made a great impact on my life.
Good company to work for
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  London7 October 2016
Great work, ok life-work balance. Team - everyone is too quite, seems afraid to talk. Senior management is very inclusive, juniors are not very welcoming
It was great whilst is lasted.
Security Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf29 September 2016
I learned and gained all the experience I needed to know about how to be an Amazing Admin Manager being trained by a lady who had been in the industry for many years. I am now ready to explore and gain some more knowledge and elevate,
Great company to work for.
Corporate Actions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf4 September 2016
Citi is a really well organised company, with an international environment. It's a place where you can learn something new everyday.
Needs fresh blood in Tech senior management
Infrastructure Group Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2016
Not a good place to be right now if your in technology..A lot of change going on and management are pushing people to wear many hats of responsibility. Cracks are showing on staff, no recognition or comp for taking on more work loads.
Pros
good solid people and culture
Cons
False promises from upper management. Deliver what you say..
Productive and fun loving team
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2016
Management ,colleagues, work culture and very much fun loving and food loving team. Above all everyone helped everyone and training is amazing part of the team. Hardest part was knowing that the process will be moved to Dublin. Everyday at work is the most enjoyable part , client challenges, day to day BAU..
Pros
Lovely team memebrs
Cons
nothing much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K