Citi Employee Reviews

Found 206 reviews matching the search See all 14,742 reviews
Excellent work atmosphere and great management
Assistante de direction (CDD) (Former Employee) –  Londres, GB30 May 2017
Very demanding work load. Working over-hours is expected and appreciated.
Felt valued and able to rise up in ranks if driven enough.
Reasonable work life balance.
Pros
company restaurant, location, company culture
Cons
contractors are rarely made permanent
Reasonable place to work.
VP (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2017
Supportive and good place to work if you like high pressurised environment. Like any organisation has both good and bad parts and on balance, this is quite a reasonable place to work.
Team at the working place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London29 May 2017
I could have a chance to work with a really good team. Together we can solve every problem. The workplace culture is quite good. If we have a question we can always as one of our teamleaders.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London25 May 2017
Citibank is huge and internal mobility is a great place to look for team changes. Bonus is good if you are visible and your management think you are doing a good work.

Work is challenging and business is very pushy.
Citibank
Corporate Actions Asset Servicing Associate (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2017
Citibank N.A. was a good place to work, I enjoyed a good work life balance. Managers were always willing to give advice and help further your career decisions.
A good place to work - if you aren't ambitious
Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, UK30 March 2017
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
The people make it an enjoyable place to work. Good benefits with bupa cover and a variety of select benefits. Not great at rewarding employees. Bell curve approach adopted when grading staff.
A huge organization
Not applicable (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2017
Citi is a huge organization with all the issues and benefits a huge organization has. If you manage to be lucky to be under a managing director with good knowledge of the business Citi will provide you the tools necessary to succeed and advance
Diverse
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2017
So many options to branch out & learn new skills

New opportunties to branch out & see what direction your career can take.

Team members from across the globe.
Great place to work, great colleagues, never a dull moment
confirmations clerk (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 March 2017
Its been a few years but Citigroup gave you every opportunity to progress. Always busy with high workload and due to the nature of the work ie financial markets there was no room for error but the rewards were good. I enjoyed every year I worked there.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Long hours sometimes, subsidized canteen went to contract
Client Services Executive (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London2 March 2017
Great premises, location very good, busy day at work demanding pressurised environment.

Meeting new people, meeting and exceeding client expectations feels great.

Have learnt how to communicate with people from various parts of the world.
Pros
Great people
very corporate
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
As temp you are very aware that you are a temp - feel as though you are just a number filling in - not a very friendly atmosphere
Decent employer
Financial Futures Broker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
Good employer staff looked after and rewarded financially and with a good benefits package. The job was stressful and pressurised but the salary made the hard work seem worthwhile.
Best In Class
Head of EMEA Risk and Control f (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2017
A true University of Banking where you learn a lot not only about banking but about people. I was given a great deal of autonomy to deliver and make decisions. I was always accountable for my actions and I learnt from my mistakes. Its global reach provides you with opportunity and it is up to you to capitalise on this.
Excellent opportunity for personal growth
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2017
By balancing delivery of key tasks and prioritise according to business pressures, provide comprehensive Administrative Support, which incorporating Office Manager role, engaging in monthly Budget reviews and assisting Business Control Officer with Compliance tasks.

Citi is a strong supporter of diversity and has won awards for supporting work and family life balance.

The job has many challenges due to the competitive wealth management arena and various regulatory requirements by the FCA. The business however has remained profitable due the longevity in this market.

The day to day challenges in this role gives rise to the growth of opportunities to take on more responsibilities, which is evident from my additional responsibilities of assisting the Business Control Officer with compliance tasks.

Overall, Citi is a good company to work for. The opportunities, coupled with training, growth opportunities and promoted diversity culture is what I believe contributes to Citi being the number one company in the world. Management through performance ratings and renumeration does recognise your hard work and efforts, thus i was happy to give Citi 12 years of my service.
Pros
Diversity and cuture
Exciting and challenging workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 January 2017
During 15 years at Citi I worked in many different areas of the bank, which provided me with invaluable experience. It is an interesting and challenging environment, providing opportunities across a number of products and services.
Pros
Global company offering a lot of opportunities
Cons
Banking is volatile environment
Highly Structured Working Environment
CitiDirect Environments Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisham and Canary Wharf, London17 January 2017
Citibank operated a highly structured IT environment with clear processes and procedures in place. Excellent training and documentation.

They were going through the process of reducing costs by replacing contractors and permanent staff with offshore low cost resources. This was successful in Development, but not so in application support, where experience is irreplaceable.
Pros
IT Services Staff, clearly defined processes, highly structured procedures, strong documentation, good training program
Cons
Loss of experience replaced by inexperienced offshore resources
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Great company
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities. Great training and development. Breadth of people is extremely diverse. Work / life balance can be a challenge.
Structured hire program
Financial Management Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 December 2016
Citi has a balanced-culture working place. I got the chance to rotate within 3 different functions throughout the program. Since Citi is such a big organisation, I also got the chance to liaise with other offices for project execution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K