Citi Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great colleagues, never a dull moment
confirmations clerk (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 March 2017
Its been a few years but Citigroup gave you every opportunity to progress. Always busy with high workload and due to the nature of the work ie financial markets there was no room for error but the rewards were good. I enjoyed every year I worked there.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Long hours sometimes, subsidized canteen went to contract
Client Services Executive (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London2 March 2017
Great premises, location very good, busy day at work demanding pressurised environment.

Meeting new people, meeting and exceeding client expectations feels great.

Have learnt how to communicate with people from various parts of the world.
Pros
Great people
very corporate
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
As temp you are very aware that you are a temp - feel as though you are just a number filling in - not a very friendly atmosphere
Decent employer
Financial Futures Broker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
Good employer staff looked after and rewarded financially and with a good benefits package. The job was stressful and pressurised but the salary made the hard work seem worthwhile.
Best In Class
Head of EMEA Risk and Control f (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2017
A true University of Banking where you learn a lot not only about banking but about people. I was given a great deal of autonomy to deliver and make decisions. I was always accountable for my actions and I learnt from my mistakes. Its global reach provides you with opportunity and it is up to you to capitalise on this.
Excellent opportunity for personal growth
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2017
By balancing delivery of key tasks and prioritise according to business pressures, provide comprehensive Administrative Support, which incorporating Office Manager role, engaging in monthly Budget reviews and assisting Business Control Officer with Compliance tasks.

Citi is a strong supporter of diversity and has won awards for supporting work and family life balance.

The job has many challenges due to the competitive wealth management arena and various regulatory requirements by the FCA. The business however has remained profitable due the longevity in this market.

The day to day challenges in this role gives rise to the growth of opportunities to take on more responsibilities, which is evident from my additional responsibilities of assisting the Business Control Officer with compliance tasks.

Overall, Citi is a good company to work for. The opportunities, coupled with training, growth opportunities and promoted diversity culture is what I believe contributes to Citi being the number one company in the world. Management through performance ratings and renumeration does recognise your hard work and efforts, thus i was happy to give Citi 12 years of my service.
Pros
Diversity and cuture
Exciting and challenging workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 January 2017
During 15 years at Citi I worked in many different areas of the bank, which provided me with invaluable experience. It is an interesting and challenging environment, providing opportunities across a number of products and services.
Pros
Global company offering a lot of opportunities
Cons
Banking is volatile environment
Highly Structured Working Environment
CitiDirect Environments Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisham and Canary Wharf, London17 January 2017
Citibank operated a highly structured IT environment with clear processes and procedures in place. Excellent training and documentation.

They were going through the process of reducing costs by replacing contractors and permanent staff with offshore low cost resources. This was successful in Development, but not so in application support, where experience is irreplaceable.
Pros
IT Services Staff, clearly defined processes, highly structured procedures, strong documentation, good training program
Cons
Loss of experience replaced by inexperienced offshore resources
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Great company
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities. Great training and development. Breadth of people is extremely diverse. Work / life balance can be a challenge.

Want to know more about Citi?

Ask a question
Structured hire program
Financial Management Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 December 2016
Citi has a balanced-culture working place. I got the chance to rotate within 3 different functions throughout the program. Since Citi is such a big organisation, I also got the chance to liaise with other offices for project execution.
Good place to progress
VP – ETD Operations Control (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2016
I was given the opportunity to gain an in-depth product knowledge covering all operational areas and work overseas in the US. Progressed to VP level from a junior clerical role.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Experience being lost due to extensive off-shoring
good workplace
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 November 2016
a lot of trainings provided
great opportunities
client relationship management
self management and problem-solving
good working conditions
the hardest part of the job might be workload, but it is manageable
Great Place to work
Senior Operations and Service Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 November 2016
Citi Is a great place to work in, its Brand is very popular, gave me a great opportunity to grow in this organisation, worked here for 16 years, and I had job satisfaction.
Fun and enjoyable trips for staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2016
Would love to work for them again it was a pleasure and honour to work for such a professional company, giving young people the best opportunities to expand their experience and build confidence
Pros
Free lunches
muddled monster
Positions Held - SENIOR OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2016
In my opinion many things at Citi were good. The working environment was good and there was a positive, considered approach to employee welfare and, for non customer facing roles, working from home was possible. All of which assisted a good work/life balance to be achieved. There was never any need to worry that the wage bill wouldn't be met.
As a mega financial corporation though it appeared to have become an out of control monster. Management roles were filled by those who were desperate to rise to the top not necessarily those who could assist the corporation to rise to the top. As a result there was much duplication of effort as one manager tried to push his/her team to outdo another, or simply a process would fall to the first team to hear about the requirement. There was little or no clear direction indicated by the top managers. There was almost a free-for-all attitude when a task was identified as being required. Now that may be a new trend, or an American style, for management but to me it seemed like a rudderless ship being directed by the strongest current at any single moment in time leading to disjointed processes. In short a required result was identified but the route or path to achieving that result was not.
Pros
Good work/life balance possible
Cons
Uncertainty of requirements and roles
The industry is changing
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London31 October 2016
Pros
Good training ground for mastering valuation basics and see how a global bank manages processes for its clients
- sell side exposure
- buy side exposure
- IPO exposure
- financing exposure

Cons
- limited efficiency
- slow processes
- replication of work
- limited exposure to clients requests
Good wages - Bad management
AML (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 October 2016
Great wages with a large firm however managed poorly and personalities often override logical choices. Don't work here - its a mess but the staff are nice but badly managed.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
Data Cleanser Analysts (Former Employee) –  33 Canary Wharf London21 October 2016
My time at Citibank was very productive from start to finish as the job I done was essential to the business. As a Data Cleanser which was checking globally that the work that was input the day before was correct if not was sent out to the appropriate office to complete task.
I completed a lot of in house courses that were essential to my job at Citi. My co workers were brilliant and the desk was a great & fun place to be on.Seeing the end results of work be completed was the best part of the job ..
Productive and a fun and friendly environment.
Client facilitation (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf Group, 33 Canada Sq, London E14 5LB8 October 2016
A typical day at work would be getting to work on time depending on the department you are in as for me call in time was 9 am. i learned a lot which has made a great impact on my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K