Citi Employee Reviews

Found 212 reviews matching the search See all 15,031 reviews
It is a very fun related working envinronment
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf Station29 September 2017
very productive and fun rewarding job that can be very encouraging and also tasking with diverse multi cultural and multi lingual customers and stafs
I have been working in these environment for over six years with lots and diverse experience
Challenging / Friendly / can do environment
Project Delivery Manger (Tech) (Current Employee) –  London5 July 2017
Felt like a family environment.
Great place to work.
Team oriented work.
High Standard.
People were so friendly and easy going

Very demanding work load. Working over-hours is expected .
Felt valued and able to rise up in ranks if driven enough.
work life balance can be an issue.
Pros
Good Challanging environment, Flexible work arrangement
Cons
Work Life Balance may be an issue, long-term employees can be taken for granted.
Hated it
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 September 2017
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Loved my Job
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London12 June 2017
Unfortunately the whole of the operations was migrated to Dublin which resulted in 155 work colleagues being made redundant.
Enjoyed being part of a great team and having great relationship with clients. My role was client facing and I would be responsible for the resolution of client enquiries relating to corporate action events.
Also made client visits, chaired scheduled calls with clients. Produced MIS packs for client analysis. Worked well under pressure when there has been some challenging times. Really enjoyed my job and if my role was not made redundant would still be there now.
Pros
Bupa, benefit package
Awful and soul destroying
Assistant Vice President, Prime Brokerage Margin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Long hours poor rewards, Incapable management structure. Not enough work force with experience on shore any longer who need to pick up the issues when near and off shore locations fail to meet standards.
Overall Satisfaction
Valuation Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  London10 December 2017
I joined as a fresh graduate, I got a lot of experience here and learnt a lot from my colleagues. Great environment, good people. I would recommend it to anyone.
a work place where managers manage upwards
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London9 June 2017
arrive at 8.30 am do some emails, chat to colleagues, answer some queries around 10.30 am get down to some serious work either reviewing applications, crafting a communications story, reviewing budgets etc. a brief team meeting in the afternoon followed. by this time New York wakes up and emails from US start to appear. A couple of meetings and phone calls, followed by some more desk work. by this time it is around 6pm . i normally used to leave the office around 6.45 - 7,00pm each day - however if I had an evening function to attend i would leave around 5.30pm and then get home around 10.11 pm at night. in a typical month i had 6 evening functions to attend.
Pros
create place to meet lots of colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures
Cons
long hours, and too much back stabbing by colleagues to get ahead.
A nice environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 October 2017
Citi was my first HR Administration post. I developed a lot of skills in all HR related aspects. It was a huge department and was not client facing, but mainly on the telephone.
Pros
Good team
Cons
was not a long term contract
A good place to work - if you aren't ambitious
Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, UK30 March 2017
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
Citigroup is a very professional bank
Senior Network Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  London Canary Wharf4 August 2017
Citigroup provided me with a very solid perspective on how IP networks are designed and configured spanning the whole world. The amount of networking technology that I've learned at Citi still serves me this day rather well.
Highly Structured Working Environment
CitiDirect Environments Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisham and Canary Wharf, London17 January 2017
Citibank operated a highly structured IT environment with clear processes and procedures in place. Excellent training and documentation.

They were going through the process of reducing costs by replacing contractors and permanent staff with offshore low cost resources. This was successful in Development, but not so in application support, where experience is irreplaceable.
Pros
IT Services Staff, clearly defined processes, highly structured procedures, strong documentation, good training program
Cons
Loss of experience replaced by inexperienced offshore resources
Great place to work, great colleagues, never a dull moment
confirmations clerk (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 March 2017
Its been a few years but Citigroup gave you every opportunity to progress. Always busy with high workload and due to the nature of the work ie financial markets there was no room for error but the rewards were good. I enjoyed every year I worked there.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Long hours sometimes, subsidized canteen went to contract
Long term job
Close Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
Citibank for my is been my longest task, i been there for log I menage to increase my skills and CPD, is been a good start for me, is good place to work but not for long
Citibank
AML Investigations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2017
An excellent company to work for.

Have been with Citibank for the last five years and have enjoyed ever minute.

Unfortunately, my position has now been made redundant hence my search for another position.
Investment banking fun
M&A Analyst (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
This was a tough job in a tough work environment. I do not believe that working in M&A in SSSB was any more difficult or easier than any of the other banks.
Data Cleanser Analysts (Former Employee) –  33 Canary Wharf London21 October 2016
My time at Citibank was very productive from start to finish as the job I done was essential to the business. As a Data Cleanser which was checking globally that the work that was input the day before was correct if not was sent out to the appropriate office to complete task.
I completed a lot of in house courses that were essential to my job at Citi. My co workers were brilliant and the desk was a great & fun place to be on.Seeing the end results of work be completed was the best part of the job ..
Excellent work atmosphere and great management
Assistante de direction (CDD) (Former Employee) –  Londres, GB30 May 2017
Very demanding work load. Working over-hours is expected and appreciated.
Felt valued and able to rise up in ranks if driven enough.
Reasonable work life balance.
Pros
company restaurant, location, company culture
Cons
contractors are rarely made permanent
Trading Floor
SDM (Former Employee) –  London23 May 2016
Senior Manager responsible for Centralised Risk Desk (CRD) technology platform, delivering high quality systematic solutions to maximise trading efficiency to customers, provide production support teams and managing throughout, including coordinating the delivery of consistently superior end-to-end service across regions and functions. (Managed a team of over 30 Developers and 3 SDMs globally)
Pros
Release Management/Testing Team
Cons
Lack of Management accountability
Margin Ops
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 July 2016
Very long hours during the week with no choice in the matter. Prepare to work outside contracted hours everyday. Work most, if not all bank holidays with no choice in the matter. Immediate superiors ranged from OK to useless. Terrible culture, but decent pay/benefits and job was secure and team-workers were knowledgeable. This job was not for me and wasn't what I expected from the contract I was given.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long hours
Mon experience au sein de Citigroup London
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Londres, GB9 March 2016
C'etait l'une des meilleures mission de remplacement qu'il m'ait été donnée d'avoir à remplir. Environnement agréable et multiculturel, excellente ambiance... jusqu'au restaurant d'entreprise très sympathique.
Grosse charge de travail (heures) mais bien prisent en charge par l'entreprise. J'y ai eu l'opportunite d'assister des profils de grandes direction (Présidence, Direction Generale...) et j'ai adorée travailler pour ces derniers. J'étais triste de les quitter lors de mon depart pour la France, c'est un employeur et un cadre (Citigroup pour son siège base à Londres du moins) que je recommande vivement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K