Citi Employee Reviews

Dynamic and challenging
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  London21 November 2017
Citi represents an enormous opportunity to those interested in Finance to branch out in various areas of the business. You are surrounded by people who are willing to offer support and direction at various stages of your career.
Great Company, hard work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 November 2017
Project work and support of production systems. Utilising the latest software functions as well as on the job gaining of the business knowledge within the custody.

The custody team I worked used C# and SQL Server predominately. The business processes require that settlement information to be processed in a timely manner to update Citi's internal systems, updates to the market and regulator reporting.

There was always work with lots of future project work. Due to the team structure the growth sectors for this team is outside of the UK. Working with the team team globally was enjoyable and knowledge available across all locations, offering the best for clients with a 24/7 third level support model from the development team. But due to the robust nature of the systems a lot of the work was project based, unsociable hours for project release to cover market open and market close.

I would recommend Citi as a work place.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
long hours, unsociable hours
Investment banking fun
M&A Analyst (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
This was a tough job in a tough work environment. I do not believe that working in M&A in SSSB was any more difficult or easier than any of the other banks.
Speaking to clients over the phone
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR AND ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf6 November 2017
Switchboard was from 7am to 7pm and we would be on shifts, you'd get calls from all over the world and from customers who had an account with the bank. I would sometimes speak in Italian, Spanish or French, I got along with my colleagues. The hardest part would be the shifts one week would be from 7-4, 9-6 and then 10-7, I was happy that i could use my languages in this job
Pros
Speaking in three different languages
Cons
The shifts
Long term job
Close Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
Citibank for my is been my longest task, i been there for log I menage to increase my skills and CPD, is been a good start for me, is good place to work but not for long
A nice environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 October 2017
Citi was my first HR Administration post. I developed a lot of skills in all HR related aspects. It was a huge department and was not client facing, but mainly on the telephone.
Pros
Good team
Cons
was not a long term contract
Awful and soul destroying
Assistant Vice President, Prime Brokerage Margin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Long hours poor rewards, Incapable management structure. Not enough work force with experience on shore any longer who need to pick up the issues when near and off shore locations fail to meet standards.
It is a very fun related working envinronment
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf Station29 September 2017
very productive and fun rewarding job that can be very encouraging and also tasking with diverse multi cultural and multi lingual customers and stafs
I have been working in these environment for over six years with lots and diverse experience
Good experience
Director (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2017
Large international bank with best practices in mind at all times.
Good training ground for everyone and great reputation. Heavy influence from Head office.
Data Entry Clerk
Adecco Temp (Former Employee) –  Hammer smith, London21 September 2017
Data Entry of standing orders and direct debits of executive clients. Preparation of customer files and data entry of customer files information on to the data base. Updating and amending and set up of new direct debits, standing orders and bill payments from incoming post and internet instructions.
Certification of Customer Signatures.
Processing various correspondence letters regarding customer queries and investigation of rejection of new mandates rejected by the system.
Pros
Flexible Positive work environment
Cons
Not challenging enough
Citibank
AML Investigations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2017
An excellent company to work for.

Have been with Citibank for the last five years and have enjoyed ever minute.

Unfortunately, my position has now been made redundant hence my search for another position.
Hard working but fun environment
Corporate Event Co-ordinator for Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 September 2017
Early starts for the Trading Floor 7.30am ready for 8.30am Market Open. There is loads to learn in the Stock Market, you never stop learning which keeps you current. Hard working and sometimes competitive culture, you're working amongst exceptional individuals. The hours are long and can be intense/stressful. You get a great buzz from the job and great fun after work with all your fun colleagues.
Pros
Great pay and bonus'
Cons
Hours can be long but that's why you get paid the big bucks!
Great place to work with good benefits and many different roles
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast13 September 2017
My experience with Citi was great. There is good opportunity for career advancement and a wide range of roles to choose from as a new employee or for internal mobility. Would recommend Citi as an employer to anyone.
Pros
Company Social Events and Sports teams
Hated it
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 September 2017
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2017
I would prefer not to provide any review at this time. I was a consultant working on a contract with Citigroup and therefore limited direct interaction with citi management
Role
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 August 2017
Grat company
Seems to be restructuring and shrinking
Not much more to say
Private Bank is ok, lots of change also lots of growth.
Many long term staff
Good place to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indonesia22 August 2017
A good place to learn. Citi will ask its employees even just an intern to devote themselves, work as hard as they can and contribute themselves to the work
role
Business Management (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 August 2017
Grat company
Seems to be restructuring and shrinking
Not much more to say
Private Bank is ok, lots of change also lots of growth.
Many long term staff
On the ball
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2017
I spent 15 years within Citi, 10 years as a permanent employee and 5 as a contractor on site. In all that time I thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere and the overall working environment. I received good management and was given good opportunities to progress in the early years and took full advantage of them. But like all banks when the financial crash was around their knees, it became increasingly difficult as the business wanted to reduce headcount each year, culminating in mine going eventually. But I loved the old girl and would happily rejoin her. Some days were madness in a day and others were simply stunning as you were able to achieve so much. Good structure, good fellow staff, good benefits, reasonable salary, a great environment.
Pros
Health care, salary
Cons
Constant threat of redundancy
Citigroup is a very professional bank
Senior Network Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  London Canary Wharf4 August 2017
Citigroup provided me with a very solid perspective on how IP networks are designed and configured spanning the whole world. The amount of networking technology that I've learned at Citi still serves me this day rather well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K