Citi Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Cash Equity Business Analysis / PM (Former Employee) –  London13 December 2017
Hands on management with the aim to let staff ran their own projects. Aim is to ensure items are delivered on time and within budget to allow for resource management.
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
Very productive and welcoming environment
Treasury trade solutions (Former Employee) –  London11 December 2017
Having never worked in an 'office environment' I didn't know what to expect and found the experience I had to be very different. This experience helped me on a various amount of skills and helped me developed skills such as Networking and Organisational skills.
Overall Satisfaction
Valuation Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  London10 December 2017
I joined as a fresh graduate, I got a lot of experience here and learnt a lot from my colleagues. Great environment, good people. I would recommend it to anyone.
Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
Dynamic and challenging
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  London21 November 2017
Citi represents an enormous opportunity to those interested in Finance to branch out in various areas of the business. You are surrounded by people who are willing to offer support and direction at various stages of your career.
Great Company, hard work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 November 2017
Project work and support of production systems. Utilising the latest software functions as well as on the job gaining of the business knowledge within the custody.

The custody team I worked used C# and SQL Server predominately. The business processes require that settlement information to be processed in a timely manner to update Citi's internal systems, updates to the market and regulator reporting.

There was always work with lots of future project work. Due to the team structure the growth sectors for this team is outside of the UK. Working with the team team globally was enjoyable and knowledge available across all locations, offering the best for clients with a 24/7 third level support model from the development team. But due to the robust nature of the systems a lot of the work was project based, unsociable hours for project release to cover market open and market close.

I would recommend Citi as a work place.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
long hours, unsociable hours
Investment banking fun
M&A Analyst (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
This was a tough job in a tough work environment. I do not believe that working in M&A in SSSB was any more difficult or easier than any of the other banks.
Speaking to clients over the phone
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR AND ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf6 November 2017
Switchboard was from 7am to 7pm and we would be on shifts, you'd get calls from all over the world and from customers who had an account with the bank. I would sometimes speak in Italian, Spanish or French, I got along with my colleagues. The hardest part would be the shifts one week would be from 7-4, 9-6 and then 10-7, I was happy that i could use my languages in this job
Pros
Speaking in three different languages
Cons
The shifts
Long term job
Close Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
Citibank for my is been my longest task, i been there for log I menage to increase my skills and CPD, is been a good start for me, is good place to work but not for long
A nice environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 October 2017
Citi was my first HR Administration post. I developed a lot of skills in all HR related aspects. It was a huge department and was not client facing, but mainly on the telephone.
Pros
Good team
Cons
was not a long term contract
Awful and soul destroying
Assistant Vice President, Prime Brokerage Margin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Long hours poor rewards, Incapable management structure. Not enough work force with experience on shore any longer who need to pick up the issues when near and off shore locations fail to meet standards.
It is a very fun related working envinronment
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf Station29 September 2017
very productive and fun rewarding job that can be very encouraging and also tasking with diverse multi cultural and multi lingual customers and stafs
I have been working in these environment for over six years with lots and diverse experience
Good experience
Director (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2017
Large international bank with best practices in mind at all times.
Good training ground for everyone and great reputation. Heavy influence from Head office.
Data Entry Clerk
Adecco Temp (Former Employee) –  Hammer smith, London21 September 2017
Data Entry of standing orders and direct debits of executive clients. Preparation of customer files and data entry of customer files information on to the data base. Updating and amending and set up of new direct debits, standing orders and bill payments from incoming post and internet instructions.
Certification of Customer Signatures.
Processing various correspondence letters regarding customer queries and investigation of rejection of new mandates rejected by the system.
Pros
Flexible Positive work environment
Cons
Not challenging enough
Citibank
AML Investigations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2017
An excellent company to work for.

Have been with Citibank for the last five years and have enjoyed ever minute.

Unfortunately, my position has now been made redundant hence my search for another position.
Hard working but fun environment
Corporate Event Co-ordinator for Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 September 2017
Early starts for the Trading Floor 7.30am ready for 8.30am Market Open. There is loads to learn in the Stock Market, you never stop learning which keeps you current. Hard working and sometimes competitive culture, you're working amongst exceptional individuals. The hours are long and can be intense/stressful. You get a great buzz from the job and great fun after work with all your fun colleagues.
Pros
Great pay and bonus'
Cons
Hours can be long but that's why you get paid the big bucks!
Great place to work with good benefits and many different roles
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast13 September 2017
My experience with Citi was great. There is good opportunity for career advancement and a wide range of roles to choose from as a new employee or for internal mobility. Would recommend Citi as an employer to anyone.
Pros
Company Social Events and Sports teams
Hated it
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 September 2017
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2017
I would prefer not to provide any review at this time. I was a consultant working on a contract with Citigroup and therefore limited direct interaction with citi management
Role
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 August 2017
Grat company
Seems to be restructuring and shrinking
Not much more to say
Private Bank is ok, lots of change also lots of growth.
Many long term staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K