Citi Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Benefits Package and good to work for
Infrastructure Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 April 2018
Citi Has a great flexible benefits package allowing you to make your personal life better.
HR are wonderful and attentive helping employees get their work life in order.
Management seem to genuinely care about their employees
good workplace
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  new york17 April 2018
good progression if your job exposes you to the right seniority. good worklife environment and culture - everyone is very friendly and willing to help. The hours are also pretty good in comparable to other banks, yet pay is not as competitive.
Citi Global Markets Belfast
Operations Specialist - ETD Reconciliations (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 April 2018
Typical corporate investments banking culture. Rather average salary, average work-life balance.Very bad management. In overall not recommended unless you really need to gain experience at the start of your career.
very good project
Project Office Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon12 April 2018
Worked as a secretary to the IT head. After few years of experience move to Project Office Head, managed the project documentation and project QA. This helped me to move to a Project Manager role.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Banking License
Create place to work but not rewarded well
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast30 January 2018
I really enjoy citi however after putting alot of work in I have progressed very little and my salary doesn't reflect the effort I put in.I respect the management style and working conditions, however low pay has lead to high staff turnover.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
High pressure work place
Intmd Cash and Trade Proc Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 December 2017
It was fast paced high pressure job where dealing with client services. Was the trainer and SME for AML and Sanctions.
The job helped me learn to work with daily time management challenges given the fact that we were working under capacity.
Pros
Benefits and medicals
Cons
Capacity challenges
Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
On the ball
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2017
I spent 15 years within Citi, 10 years as a permanent employee and 5 as a contractor on site. In all that time I thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere and the overall working environment. I received good management and was given good opportunities to progress in the early years and took full advantage of them. But like all banks when the financial crash was around their knees, it became increasingly difficult as the business wanted to reduce headcount each year, culminating in mine going eventually. But I loved the old girl and would happily rejoin her. Some days were madness in a day and others were simply stunning as you were able to achieve so much. Good structure, good fellow staff, good benefits, reasonable salary, a great environment.
Pros
Health care, salary
Cons
Constant threat of redundancy
good opportunities due to scale
HR professional (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2017
good opportunities to learn due to scale and diversity. Less cut throat than some other FS organisations but can be very political. hours are not excessive by City standards.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays21 June 2017
Was in a team that looked after each with a management team that listened. Good salary with decent benefits, shame they moved everything to Derby so save costs.
Pros
good atmosphere to work in
Cons
Relocation to Derby
Citigroup is a career producing company
Business Unit Manager Global Commodities (Former Employee) –  London, UK2 June 2017
There are many opportunities provided by this company. I feel they believe in giving people the chance to prove themselves. I started as a temp and left and a Jr Vice President.
Pros
Benefits - super and healthcare
Cons
A good place to work - if you aren't ambitious
Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, UK30 March 2017
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
The people make it an enjoyable place to work. Good benefits with bupa cover and a variety of select benefits. Not great at rewarding employees. Bell curve approach adopted when grading staff.
A huge organization
Not applicable (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2017
Citi is a huge organization with all the issues and benefits a huge organization has. If you manage to be lucky to be under a managing director with good knowledge of the business Citi will provide you the tools necessary to succeed and advance
Great place to work, great colleagues, never a dull moment
confirmations clerk (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 March 2017
Its been a few years but Citigroup gave you every opportunity to progress. Always busy with high workload and due to the nature of the work ie financial markets there was no room for error but the rewards were good. I enjoyed every year I worked there.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Long hours sometimes, subsidized canteen went to contract
Decent employer
Financial Futures Broker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
Good employer staff looked after and rewarded financially and with a good benefits package. The job was stressful and pressurised but the salary made the hard work seem worthwhile.
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Margin Ops
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 July 2016
Very long hours during the week with no choice in the matter. Prepare to work outside contracted hours everyday. Work most, if not all bank holidays with no choice in the matter. Immediate superiors ranged from OK to useless. Terrible culture, but decent pay/benefits and job was secure and team-workers were knowledgeable. This job was not for me and wasn't what I expected from the contract I was given.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long hours
Great benefits and a great place to work
Banking Services Specialist (Mortgages) (Former Employee) –  Derby11 May 2016
Citi are constantly striving to give you the best training and knowledge in order to progress in the company. Great benefits package and great culture that understands the work/ Life balance.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Made me redundant
Sales relationship manager
Vice President, NRI - IPB Business (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2016
Citi is a great institute to work for and the culture is just amazing.
Sales target were high but enjoyed the competition with other RMs in the team.
Great Team spirit.
Pros
Execellent employee benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K