Citi Pay & Benefits reviews

Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
On the ball
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2017
I spent 15 years within Citi, 10 years as a permanent employee and 5 as a contractor on site. In all that time I thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere and the overall working environment. I received good management and was given good opportunities to progress in the early years and took full advantage of them. But like all banks when the financial crash was around their knees, it became increasingly difficult as the business wanted to reduce headcount each year, culminating in mine going eventually. But I loved the old girl and would happily rejoin her. Some days were madness in a day and others were simply stunning as you were able to achieve so much. Good structure, good fellow staff, good benefits, reasonable salary, a great environment.
Pros
Health care, salary
Cons
Constant threat of redundancy
good opportunities due to scale
HR professional (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2017
good opportunities to learn due to scale and diversity. Less cut throat than some other FS organisations but can be very political. hours are not excessive by City standards.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays21 June 2017
Was in a team that looked after each with a management team that listened. Good salary with decent benefits, shame they moved everything to Derby so save costs.
Pros
good atmosphere to work in
Cons
Relocation to Derby
Citigroup is a career producing company
Business Unit Manager Global Commodities (Former Employee) –  London, UK2 June 2017
There are many opportunities provided by this company. I feel they believe in giving people the chance to prove themselves. I started as a temp and left and a Jr Vice President.
Pros
Benefits - super and healthcare
Cons
A good place to work - if you aren't ambitious
Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, UK30 March 2017
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
The people make it an enjoyable place to work. Good benefits with bupa cover and a variety of select benefits. Not great at rewarding employees. Bell curve approach adopted when grading staff.
A huge organization
Not applicable (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2017
Citi is a huge organization with all the issues and benefits a huge organization has. If you manage to be lucky to be under a managing director with good knowledge of the business Citi will provide you the tools necessary to succeed and advance
Great place to work, great colleagues, never a dull moment
confirmations clerk (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 March 2017
Its been a few years but Citigroup gave you every opportunity to progress. Always busy with high workload and due to the nature of the work ie financial markets there was no room for error but the rewards were good. I enjoyed every year I worked there.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Long hours sometimes, subsidized canteen went to contract
Decent employer
Financial Futures Broker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
Good employer staff looked after and rewarded financially and with a good benefits package. The job was stressful and pressurised but the salary made the hard work seem worthwhile.

Want to know more about Citi?

Ask a question
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Margin Ops
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 July 2016
Very long hours during the week with no choice in the matter. Prepare to work outside contracted hours everyday. Work most, if not all bank holidays with no choice in the matter. Immediate superiors ranged from OK to useless. Terrible culture, but decent pay/benefits and job was secure and team-workers were knowledgeable. This job was not for me and wasn't what I expected from the contract I was given.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long hours
Great benefits and a great place to work
Banking Services Specialist (Mortgages) (Former Employee) –  Derby11 May 2016
Citi are constantly striving to give you the best training and knowledge in order to progress in the company. Great benefits package and great culture that understands the work/ Life balance.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Made me redundant
Sales relationship manager
Vice President, NRI - IPB Business (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2016
Citi is a great institute to work for and the culture is just amazing.
Sales target were high but enjoyed the competition with other RMs in the team.
Great Team spirit.
Pros
Execellent employee benefits
Excellent Employer
Vice President (Former Employee) –  London30 March 2016
Citi is a great place to work, primarily due to the diversity of people that work there. The location, Canary Wharf is wonderful. Citi are very supportive of their staff.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
The senior management dont appear to always value the talents of the people at the coalface.
Repeptitive
Client Onboarding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 March 2016
It was nice work place with good management, however the role was extremely repetitive. Longer hours expected when necessary.
Productive and interesting job
Exec Secretary, Euro Sales & Trading Compliance (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 October 2015
Great place to work. The location was in the east end of London and had a great view. I was promoted and given 5 raises while at Citi.
Pros
Good Pay and respected by managment
Cons
Long commute
Good Salary
Operations Analyst- Securities Processing (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 October 2015
Pay is good for Belfast
Challenging work
Very competitive
Long Hours
Limited Travel Occupation for Some roles
Recommended Overall
Fun charity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 June 2015
I was in a team of three in acompetition for a Citi Bank internship, and we had to raise as much money as we can for charity. We chose the "Music in Hospitals" charity, for which we played music in the streets to collect donations from people.
Professional, rewarding and great teamwork ethic
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf5 January 2015
A typical day would start with communicating with my offshore team on outstanding exceptions from prior day, monitoring our allocated Nostro Reconciliation breaks and assisting the team on solutions and communication with Citi Globally. As manager I would be the checker for all FX Exposures being released by our team to the FX Desk, they would be checked for size and P&L. My offshore team would be responsible for 25+ Bank chain legal entities as well as Product Control P&L exposures that flowed through the Broker dealer. Project work was also a key day to day function, from small enhancements to improve automation and efficiency through to more complex projects that would have cost and Risk benefits for the Bank as a whole. There was also End of day procedures and sign offs to ensure all Exposures were flattened, Trader P&L was in line with the ledger (Books and Records) and all exceptions were communicated by us to relevant Depts
Management conveyed the importance of career development and encouraged to make the most of all training materials and courses on offer.
The key things I took away from my career at Citi was that teamwork, communication, time management and tenacity were key to drive your career forward.
The hardest and most rewarding part of the job was linked to Data Analysis, on a Daily and Monthly basis the ledger can be impacted with various handoffs, valid and erroneous, and our role was policing the ledger. At Month end it would be analysing and validating P&L for Western Europe, this involved matching the ledger results to 2 P&L reporting systems, when
  more... it goes wrong, you still have to have full control on validating the results and explaining the differences.  less
Pros
Great people to work with and training/management opportunities
Cons
Working long hours was part and parcel of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K