Here to help
Coronavirus update

Citi Management reviews

United Kingdom266 reviews
Great place to work, and progression opportunities available for individuals with desire and hunger to succeed. Developed myself with learning about wealth management and global products.
I started as a part timer. I was very productive and was one of the very few who was not made redundant as I was good. I applied for a different post and I was not given that job as the company only wanted to give that job who were being made redundant. Management too is very political. It is important to know people if you want to get promoted. Hard work does not count.
Place is so poltical and very facial orientated....in other words if your face fits then so will you. Extremely political and HR could care less. If you raise issues no one really cares...they go through motions but with no value.
Overall, Citibank is a good place to work. The problem lies with the management of security personnel. The training is excellent, unfortunately, due to such people the experience as an employee could be greatly improved. Management need to have a spring clean and employ supervisors with people skills.
Fast paced and dynamic work environment. Experienced management and great alumni of colleagues in the industry. Long hours and a professional culture.
*typical day at work - tend to complete the most priorities set work first for the day, Go through my checklist reading noting down the various activities that have to be done during the day.
*what you learned - interpersonal skills, work under pressure, time management, attention to details, problem solving, teamwork, self-confidence and self-esteem,maturity, culture awareness, initiative
*management - good leadership, delegation & empowerment, creativity & innovation, good communicator, commitment and passion, honesty and integrity
*workplace culture - attracts talent, drive engagement, behaviors, impact happiness and satisfaction

*the hardest part of the job - Staffs attitudes and difficult investor

*the most enjoyable part of the job - winning, get paid, work life-balance, autonomy, collaboration, challenge, helping others, variety, culture
It was a very hectic, stressful and fast paced environment, Very Poor bank workplace culture. Poor management. A lot of banking systems. All these redundant systems should be synchronised to reduce confusion and minimize the need for staff to remember multiple user id and password for the system login.
Citi is an excellent employer. My job was enjoyable and interesting. The bank pays great attention to diversity and this is one of its many strengths. Management are cultured and highly intelligent and everyone benefits from Citi's clarity of vision and purpose.
A good place for a career, work can be busy and hectic, but they have good management and people get on well. Could modernise the offices and perks they offer.
it was not a bad place to work - my direct team were great and my direct manager was hand on.

Unfortunately as you went up the chain it becomes a political place to be.
Pros
good location
Cons
bad senior management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citi?
Gained invaluable experience within both the Hedge Fund and KYC roles. Supportive management assisted with my overall professional development. this allowed me to pursue my career within KYC.
Not much to say - a big bank with little soul. Management is risk averse and often useless. Benefits are OK, salary and bonuses are in line with the street.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Le développement de compétences est facilité par un management très participatif.
Great place to work in terms of the content and type of projects, especially from a global footprint. Management style and collaborative working made the role less than desirable with managers responsible for people when they should be in a SME role.
Pros
Office location
Cons
I have been in the investment and financial services industry for 15 years and worked for some large professional firms in my time like pwc etc.

Citi has to be the worst place I have ever worked, long hours, poor salary vs hours and awful micro management if you aren't liked by management they subtly try to manage you out. I started in a team of 15 and from the original team 10 left it says alot!!!

The pro good benefit packages and tailored and good experience for your cv.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Long hours poor management
repetitive workload and fairly enjoyable, good colleagues. long hours and ungrateful management,

never learned a great deal as training not high on the list of management
Management ignoring issues when discussed early and will get into once the problem has occurred. Same with new hires, too much focus on Northern Ireland and not taking care of experienced employees in London.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
23 days holidays, hard to progress
The managers employing staff only from their country who is speaking only their language and declining those who are not.

Giving you extra work on top so the liked people are less busy and stressed
Pros
Fixed hours
Cons
discrimination
working within fraud, typically to prevent, disrupt and gather intel on accounts that were deemed suspicious, KYC and client onboarding, monitoring red flagged accounts
Pros
corporate environment
Cons
poor management
Working alongside proffesionals in portfolio management, started off my career to learn the benchmark of all businesses.

Team working gave me a large stepping stone in my career

never learned a great deal as training not high on the list of management