Citi Management reviews

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 15,850 reviews
Worst place i have ever worked
Operations (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim30 May 2019
I have been in the investment and financial services industry for 15 years and worked for some large professional firms in my time like pwc etc.

Citi has to be the worst place I have ever worked, long hours, poor salary vs hours and awful micro management if you aren't liked by management they subtly try to manage you out. I started in a team of 15 and from the original team 10 left it says alot!!!

The pro good benefit packages and tailored and good experience for your cv.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Long hours poor management
ok
fixed income (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2019
repetitive workload and fairly enjoyable, good colleagues. long hours and ungrateful management,

never learned a great deal as training not high on the list of management
Reactive never proactive
Middle Office (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2019
Management ignoring issues when discussed early and will get into once the problem has occurred. Same with new hires, too much focus on Northern Ireland and not taking care of experienced employees in London.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
23 days holidays, hard to progress
Managment is efficient in same country employment
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London15 February 2019
The managers employing staff only from their country who is speaking only their language and declining those who are not.

Giving you extra work on top so the liked people are less busy and stressed
Pros
Fixed hours
Cons
discrimination
non stop
FRAUD ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Riverside9 January 2019
working within fraud, typically to prevent, disrupt and gather intel on accounts that were deemed suspicious, KYC and client onboarding, monitoring red flagged accounts
Pros
corporate environment
Cons
poor management
Top skills
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2018
Working alongside proffesionals in portfolio management, started off my career to learn the benchmark of all businesses.

Team working gave me a large stepping stone in my career
ok
Accounts taxation officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 May 2018

never learned a great deal as training not high on the list of management
Great Benefits Package and good to work for
Infrastructure Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 April 2018
Citi Has a great flexible benefits package allowing you to make your personal life better.
HR are wonderful and attentive helping employees get their work life in order.
Management seem to genuinely care about their employees
Citi Global Markets Belfast
Operations Specialist - ETD Reconciliations (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 April 2018
Typical corporate investments banking culture. Rather average salary, average work-life balance.Very bad management. In overall not recommended unless you really need to gain experience at the start of your career.
Create place to work but not rewarded well
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast30 January 2018
I really enjoy citi however after putting alot of work in I have progressed very little and my salary doesn't reflect the effort I put in.I respect the management style and working conditions, however low pay has lead to high staff turnover.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
Worst company culture - no work/life balance
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2018
If you can avoid Citi, then good for you!

Immense management pressure for results, not enough people on the ground, always no capacity.

If I knew I would had never joined them.
High pressure work place
Intmd Cash and Trade Proc Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 December 2017
It was fast paced high pressure job where dealing with client services. Was the trainer and SME for AML and Sanctions.
The job helped me learn to work with daily time management challenges given the fact that we were working under capacity.
Pros
Benefits and medicals
Cons
Capacity challenges
Good working environment
Cash Equity Business Analysis / PM (Former Employee) –  London13 December 2017
Hands on management with the aim to let staff ran their own projects. Aim is to ensure items are delivered on time and within budget to allow for resource management.
Pros
Good working relationships
Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
Awful and soul destroying
Assistant Vice President, Prime Brokerage Margin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Long hours poor rewards, Incapable management structure. Not enough work force with experience on shore any longer who need to pick up the issues when near and off shore locations fail to meet standards.
Good experience
Director (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2017
Large international bank with best practices in mind at all times.
Good training ground for everyone and great reputation. Heavy influence from Head office.
Data Entry Clerk
Adecco Temp (Former Employee) –  Hammer smith, London21 September 2017
Data Entry of standing orders and direct debits of executive clients. Preparation of customer files and data entry of customer files information on to the data base. Updating and amending and set up of new direct debits, standing orders and bill payments from incoming post and internet instructions.
Certification of Customer Signatures.
Processing various correspondence letters regarding customer queries and investigation of rejection of new mandates rejected by the system.
Pros
Flexible Positive work environment
Cons
Not challenging enough
Hated it
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 September 2017
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2017
I would prefer not to provide any review at this time. I was a consultant working on a contract with Citigroup and therefore limited direct interaction with citi management
On the ball
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2017
I spent 15 years within Citi, 10 years as a permanent employee and 5 as a contractor on site. In all that time I thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere and the overall working environment. I received good management and was given good opportunities to progress in the early years and took full advantage of them. But like all banks when the financial crash was around their knees, it became increasingly difficult as the business wanted to reduce headcount each year, culminating in mine going eventually. But I loved the old girl and would happily rejoin her. Some days were madness in a day and others were simply stunning as you were able to achieve so much. Good structure, good fellow staff, good benefits, reasonable salary, a great environment.
Pros
Health care, salary
Cons
Constant threat of redundancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K