Citi Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 16,676 reviews
Big organisation, with everything that goes with that
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
Citi is a big organisation, which means there are lots of opportunities there, but it also means it's hard to change things because there are so many dependencies.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Friday 5pm fire drills
Business Analyst / Project Manager
Business Analyst (Risk) (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf - London19 March 2015
• Managing Basel III/CRD IV regulatory changes and system enhancements including CVA, JTD, SWWR, DFC, and RWA.
• Lead for Exposure Explain (Basel III OTC) regulatory reporting and analysis tool for trading book analytic function.
• Working with analytics team on monthly packs for FED and PRA. Identification of material changes in exposure, root cause analysis to identify related impact on EAD/RWA including Counterparty Analysis, CCR, VAR, EPV, CEM, CVA, SWWR and CRO1.
• Stakeholder requirement gatherings, Approvals for creating new projects, Business Requirement documents (BRD), Prioritizing project deliverables (Quality Center), Define test cases, Conduct testing (UAT), Validation of changes to new and existing tools/processes, Providing user training, Reconciling results with key business stakeholders and obtaining/providing production sign off.
• Identifying gaps within current processes and keeping close working relationship with Technology, Front Office and Finance. Exposure to complex software & reporting development life cycles, running multiple weekly project calls.
• Matrix reporting, managing multiple priorities with full issue tracking and management. (JIRA & Project). Key member on Joint data task force (JTDF).
• Setup service now online platform for robust monitoring of issues and resultant projects.
• Performing data Analysis using tools such as Cognos, Hyperion (SQL), MS Access, DQAT and Citi Risk.
Challenging but rewarding
Migration Analyst - Business Change (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT3 July 2014
I have recently finished a contrat at Citi.

The role was rewarding in that I was it allowed me to expand my knowledge of fund accounting using migration tools in order to provide explanations on accounting methodoligy between the client's existing accounting providers and their new provider Citi.

The extremely tight timeframes involved meant working with close co-operation accros a range of teams and support staff.

The most distinct feature of this contact was that the director responsible for the client migration was predominately available in the team throughout and always approachable should other line managers be unavailable or working on other issues.

This was my first role involving out of hours work and night shifts. Having successfully completed this contract and come out the other end I am looking forward to more nornal hours of employment.
Pros
Looked after financially - exceptional day rate
Cons
Working night shifts was extremely challenging
Dynamic, fast paced coupled with work/life balance
Business Analyst/Finance and Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf28 August 2012
A typical day at work would be fast paced, deadlines and an air of 'must-have' now! All departments worked well together and there is definately an air of solidarity I have not heard of in many other companies!
I have learnt to juggle and my time management skills have definately been tested. I have had many opportunities and experiences into different roles that have given me skills that I can use in future roles.
The management rewards their staff very well and it is an environment that all your hard work is rewarded and your boundaries are pushed.
The hardest part of the job is having to do so many things at once and having deadlines from different departments but it is an environment that I work well in and thrive in.
Pros
great benefits and work/life balance