Citi Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 14,742 reviews
Awful and soul destroying
Assistant Vice President, Prime Brokerage Margin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Long hours poor rewards, Incapable management structure. Not enough work force with experience on shore any longer who need to pick up the issues when near and off shore locations fail to meet standards.
Professional, rewarding and great teamwork ethic
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf5 January 2015
A typical day would start with communicating with my offshore team on outstanding exceptions from prior day, monitoring our allocated Nostro Reconciliation breaks and assisting the team on solutions and communication with Citi Globally. As manager I would be the checker for all FX Exposures being released by our team to the FX Desk, they would be checked for size and P&L. My offshore team would be responsible for 25+ Bank chain legal entities as well as Product Control P&L exposures that flowed through the Broker dealer. Project work was also a key day to day function, from small enhancements to improve automation and efficiency through to more complex projects that would have cost and Risk benefits for the Bank as a whole. There was also End of day procedures and sign offs to ensure all Exposures were flattened, Trader P&L was in line with the ledger (Books and Records) and all exceptions were communicated by us to relevant Depts
Management conveyed the importance of career development and encouraged to make the most of all training materials and courses on offer.
The key things I took away from my career at Citi was that teamwork, communication, time management and tenacity were key to drive your career forward.
The hardest and most rewarding part of the job was linked to Data Analysis, on a Daily and Monthly basis the ledger can be impacted with various handoffs, valid and erroneous, and our role was policing the ledger. At Month end it would be analysing and validating P&L for Western Europe, this involved matching the ledger results to 2 P&L reporting systems, when
  more... it goes wrong, you still have to have full control on validating the results and explaining the differences.  less
Pros
Great people to work with and training/management opportunities
Cons
Working long hours was part and parcel of the job
Good learning
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2014
In a typical day at my work I am involved in a wide range of activities including but not limited to, reconciliations, account documentation reviews, complaints handling , referal point for all members of staff and work delegation,amongst the team.
I have learned a great deal in my current role not least diversification of the day and time management.
The hardest part of my day is probably liaising with other departments to ensure all duties are carried out accurately and timeously, however this is also the most enjoyable part of my job when successful.
Pros
Good employer
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  London29 May 2013
Good employer, good international opportunities... overall impacted by stagnating environment in financial sector
Global Reference Banking Data
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  London, ENG4 April 2013
Citigroup is now a global diversified financial services holding company whose businesses provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Citi has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. Citigroup currently operates, for management reporting purposes, via two primary business segments: Citicorp, consisting of our Regional Consumer Banking businesses and Institutional Clients Group; and Citi Holdings, consisting of our Brokerage and Asset Management and Local Consumer Lending businesses, and a Special Asset Pool.