Citi Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 14,583 reviews
Productive and professional workplace
Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh10 April 2018
very good company and team culture, good support to new team members, good work culture and work life balance.

Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, progress starts here.
Very professional mindset
Migration Analyst/Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT8 November 2015
Was only at Citi in Edinburgh for 2 months. Very good atmosphere, very good support from colleagues and managers alike. Extremely professional environment.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
n/a
Fun charity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 June 2015
I was in a team of three in acompetition for a Citi Bank internship, and we had to raise as much money as we can for charity. We chose the "Music in Hospitals" charity, for which we played music in the streets to collect donations from people.
Fund Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT4 May 2015
• Responsible for the financial accounting and reporting on property funds totalling over £2billion in net asset value.
• Financial reporting: Monthly management, trustee and client reporting. Preparation of financial statements for year end and interim reporting and responsible for liaising with external auditors.
• Project work: Migration of funds to Citigroup, including testing and setting up financial reporting procedures for the new funds.
• Controls: Creation of a complete set of monthly accounting procedures. Extensive internal audits of system and processes for fund migrations.
• Technical accounting: Benchmarking fund financial statements against the industry. In depth review of lease incentive accounting disclosures.
Good Job culture and open door policy
Security Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT31 January 2015
A very good company to work with which has an excellent open door policy with your seniors, great culture and a global presence.
Challenging but rewarding
Migration Analyst - Business Change (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT3 July 2014
I have recently finished a contrat at Citi.

The role was rewarding in that I was it allowed me to expand my knowledge of fund accounting using migration tools in order to provide explanations on accounting methodoligy between the client's existing accounting providers and their new provider Citi.

The extremely tight timeframes involved meant working with close co-operation accros a range of teams and support staff.

The most distinct feature of this contact was that the director responsible for the client migration was predominately available in the team throughout and always approachable should other line managers be unavailable or working on other issues.

This was my first role involving out of hours work and night shifts. Having successfully completed this contract and come out the other end I am looking forward to more nornal hours of employment.
Pros
Looked after financially - exceptional day rate
Cons
Working night shifts was extremely challenging
good place to work at
Customer service/account specialist (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh20 March 2014
 Dealing with a variety of enquires, such as card replacements, fraud-related cases, disputed transactions, technical issues with the CitiManager online-tool, requests by Program Administrators for credit limit increases/decreases, card/account closures and balance transfers; card application related enquires, keeping personal data of each cardholder up-to-date, etc.
Pros
good atmosphere and environment to work at
Cons
unsocial working hours