Here to help
Coronavirus update

Citi Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Edinburgh14 reviews
Don't get me wrong, i knew what to expect. During my time there the ethos was that Citi expected you to work, and work hard. Sadly this meant work-like balance was almost non-exsitent (i worked avg 60hrs per week, mon-fri) but i was paid accordingly.

Good company to get into and get experience and it helps (like most places) that you can network well.
Place is so poltical and very facial orientated....in other words if your face fits then so will you. Extremely political and HR could care less. If you raise issues no one really cares...they go through motions but with no value.
The pay rate is not reflecting the duties and the intensity of the job.
Other companies in the same industry pay average of at least 15% more for the same or less work load that we have to deal with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor pay
it was not a bad place to work - my direct team were great and my direct manager was hand on.

Unfortunately as you went up the chain it becomes a political place to be.
Pros
good location
Cons
bad senior management
Exciting opportunities working on diverse projects. Working with multiple clients across the world to deliver strategic change requests to a high standard.
repetitive workload and fairly enjoyable, good colleagues. long hours and ungrateful management,

never learned a great deal as training not high on the list of management
very good company and team culture, good support to new team members, good work culture and work life balance.

Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, progress starts here.
Was only at Citi in Edinburgh for 2 months. Very good atmosphere, very good support from colleagues and managers alike. Extremely professional environment.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
n/a
I was in a team of three in acompetition for a Citi Bank internship, and we had to raise as much money as we can for charity. We chose the "Music in Hospitals" charity, for which we played music in the streets to collect donations from people.
• Responsible for the financial accounting and reporting on property funds totalling over £2billion in net asset value.
• Financial reporting: Monthly management, trustee and client reporting. Preparation of financial statements for year end and interim reporting and responsible for liaising with external auditors.

• Project work: Migration of funds to Citigroup, including testing and setting up financial reporting procedures for the new funds.

• Controls: Creation of a complete set of monthly accounting procedures. Extensive internal audits of system and processes for fund migrations.

• Technical accounting: Benchmarking fund financial statements against the industry. In depth review of lease incentive accounting disclosures.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citi?
A very good company to work with which has an excellent open door policy with your seniors, great culture and a global presence.
I have recently finished a contrat at Citi.

The role was rewarding in that I was it allowed me to expand my knowledge of fund accounting using migration tools in order to provide explanations on accounting methodoligy between the client's existing accounting providers and their new provider Citi.

The extremely tight timeframes involved meant working with close co-operation accros a range of teams and support staff.

The most distinct feature of this contact was that the director responsible for the client migration was predominately available in the team throughout and always approachable should other line managers be unavailable or working on other issues.

This was my first role involving out of hours work and night shifts. Having successfully completed this contract and come out the other end I am looking forward to more nornal hours of employment.
Pros
Looked after financially - exceptional day rate
Cons
Working night shifts was extremely challenging
 Dealing with a variety of enquires, such as card replacements, fraud-related cases, disputed transactions, technical issues with the CitiManager online-tool, requests by Program Administrators for credit limit increases/decreases, card/account closures and balance transfers; card application related enquires, keeping personal data of each cardholder up-to-date, etc.
Pros
good atmosphere and environment to work at
Cons
unsocial working hours

En tant que Chargé de clientèle entreprises pour le groupe Citi Bank à Édimbourg en Écosse, j'ai pu évoluer dans un environnement entièrement informatisé et sécurisé oú j'étais chargée de gérer les comptes bancaires de grande entreprise en traitant des opérations et des demandes très diverses.

Polyvalente, mon rôle était de gérer au quotidien les besoins de l'entreprise.(changement de la limite crédit ,élaborer les dossiers de fraudes potentiels, répondre de façon efficace aux courriel et appels téléphonique, résoudre les éventuels difficultés rencontrées par nos clients ou encore effectuer les opérations bancaires les plus courantes tout en favorisant l'atteinte des objectifs commerciaux.

Pros
Traiter avec des clients multiculturels
Cons
Pas d'opportunités de développement autre qu'en Pologne