Here to help
Coronavirus update

Citi Employee Reviews in Derby

Derby7 reviews
Financial risk and control management with a focus on process development and enhancement
I would not have left this company but unfortunately I was made redundant. I love working for Egg / Citigroup as the culture was perfect for me and the whole setup of the company and functional areas felt right.
Citi are constantly striving to give you the best training and knowledge in order to progress in the company. Great benefits package and great culture that understands the work/ Life balance.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Made me redundant

I had a great work/life balance, they were accommodating to my

Dyslexia and good when i fell ill with depression, my last role was in anti-money laundering this was the best position of all and was sad to leave

I was happy in my role in mortgage collections enjoyed the challenges of negotiation and helping customers manage their finances

I had a wide variety of tasks to deal with on a daily basis which I enjoyed.
Pros
able to progress if so wished
Cons
everything timed
Manage a newly formed securities department created by acquisition of Egg and the winding down of existing mortgage portfolio. Coaching team members to improve knowledge and prevent costly mistakes.

Review the work received in on the day and assigning as appropriate. Auditing work against quality standards to ensure that mortgage securities are not at risk and service level agreements delivered

Coaching team members to improve knowledge and prevent costly mistakes. Designing and introducing new processes improve efficiency and prevent breaches of compliance including producing a procedures manual

Insuring all security was in place in line with business process to reduce risks. Corrected £106 million of impaired security from inherited breaches of compliance by fault-finding to identify appropriate remedial action.

I have learnt a more in-depth knowledge of the mortgage process and how to correct the problems not identified before the funds are lent.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the technical side. The hardest part of the job is supporting the customer contact team based in India with little mortgage knowledge.
Business in wind down in UK and undergoing divestitures of the consumer portfolios

A global business which brings it's benefits in expense management, but also constrains a business to work the "Citi way" and not always tailord to each country
Pros
benefits package
Cons
mass redundancies