Citi Employee Reviews in Belfast

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 14,742 reviews
KYC Analyst spanning On boarding and Remediation
Senior Kyc Analyst/Fund Remediation (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom Belfast29 September 2018
I on-board new clients, requesting for their details and informations, I conduct public due diligence on details and informations provided before engaging in a relationship with clients. I Perform periodic review on high risk Individual and Entities, however, identify the ownership structure for each Entity.
I conduct EDD on high risk Individual and Entities, Controlling people and Directors. I comply to 4AMLD identifying any individual with investor 25%+. I have leant different skills, conducting training to new in takes, use different applications and screening tools such as Factiva, Worldcheck, DnB, lexis Nexis, Bankers almanac etc,
I work individually and as a team in my present role.The atmosphere is one of the best ever I have worked at with many activities such as Fun and dress down on Fridays, group outing and in door games
Great global network and knowledge base
U.K. Learning Advisor for EMEA Global Functions (Current Employee) –  Belfast10 June 2018
Citi is a great company to build a career in financial services. Some grit, fast paced environment, challenging assignments, as well as training and support network is all you need for your development!
Citi Global Markets Belfast
Operations Specialist - ETD Reconciliations (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 April 2018
Typical corporate investments banking culture. Rather average salary, average work-life balance.Very bad management. In overall not recommended unless you really need to gain experience at the start of your career.
Buen ambiente laboral
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast14 April 2018
Fantásticas oportunidades de desarollo dentro de la empresa
Pros
presencia a nivel mundial de la compañía, seguro médico privado, buen plan de pensiones
Cons
muchas horas extras sin pagar
Create place to work but not rewarded well
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast30 January 2018
I really enjoy citi however after putting alot of work in I have progressed very little and my salary doesn't reflect the effort I put in.I respect the management style and working conditions, however low pay has lead to high staff turnover.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
Great place to work with good benefits and many different roles
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast13 September 2017
My experience with Citi was great. There is good opportunity for career advancement and a wide range of roles to choose from as a new employee or for internal mobility. Would recommend Citi as an employer to anyone.
Pros
Company Social Events and Sports teams
Hated it
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 September 2017
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Interesting work
Senior Corporate Actions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast18 July 2017
Work is interesting and nowhere else in Belfast does Investment Banking.
Enjoyable to learn new elements of job, hours can be long, culture is positive.
Great Place to work
AVP IT (Development) Project Manager (Former Employee) –  belfast3 July 2017
Felt like a family environment.
Great place to work.
Great work life balance.
Team oriented work.
High Standard.
People were so friendly and easy going.
A good place to work - if you aren't ambitious
Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, UK30 March 2017
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
Very good experience.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim16 January 2017
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits
Good wages - Bad management
AML (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 October 2016
Great wages with a large firm however managed poorly and personalities often override logical choices. Don't work here - its a mess but the staff are nice but badly managed.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
Margin Ops
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 July 2016
Very long hours during the week with no choice in the matter. Prepare to work outside contracted hours everyday. Work most, if not all bank holidays with no choice in the matter. Immediate superiors ranged from OK to useless. Terrible culture, but decent pay/benefits and job was secure and team-workers were knowledgeable. This job was not for me and wasn't what I expected from the contract I was given.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long hours
Great starting point
Securities and Derivatives Settlements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast16 May 2016
A positive overall experience working in a fast paced environment. Management are helpful but career progression can be slow (internal applications often pending for months).
Repeptitive
Client Onboarding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 March 2016
It was nice work place with good management, however the role was extremely repetitive. Longer hours expected when necessary.
Good Salary
Operations Analyst- Securities Processing (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 October 2015
Pay is good for Belfast
Challenging work
Very competitive
Long Hours
Limited Travel Occupation for Some roles
Recommended Overall
Unique Workplace
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Belfast27 April 2015
Great people in the HR function but as a large Corporation it is very bureaucratic.
Good approach to ethics and work life balance can be quite low.