Here to help
Coronavirus update

Citi Employee Reviews in Belfast

Belfast27 reviews
No work like balance. Expected to do everything at one time. No help. Never leave on time. No full lunch break, always at desk..
Always told to do things it'll help you're promotion to then find out promotions are no longer happening. End of ywsf bonus gone. Never a thanks for when you stayed late to help others but when you tried to leave on time you were told stuff had to do done. Many nights company's functions missed due to work an nothing said
Is as you would expect, a soulless environment with zero culture unless you are a person that fits into a "diversity" group, no one smiles, no one talks to each other, work is as boring as heck, how people stay there long periods i have no idea.
Working for Dealing Room support services
Very fast and quick work place environment

Need to be on your toes every day

Always make time to learn new things as the changes can be quick and fast other areas can be explorer
Project Overload, great people, not great training, too busy to undertake any certification courses, pay is pretty descent, too much expected in a day
Citi are an excellent company to work with plenty of opportunities. Many different work patterns available and work from home available also. great benefits such as Bupa health care
i learned how to be part of a working team. enjoyed the employees i worked with. The best part of the job was learning about the financial industry as this was new to me.
Excellent company work for. would recommend anyone interested in technology to get involved with Citi. Welcoming to new staff time spent to train me and i hope to return some day
I have been in the investment and financial services industry for 15 years and worked for some large professional firms in my time like pwc etc.

Citi has to be the worst place I have ever worked, long hours, poor salary vs hours and awful micro management if you aren't liked by management they subtly try to manage you out. I started in a team of 15 and from the original team 10 left it says alot!!!

The pro good benefit packages and tailored and good experience for your cv.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Long hours poor management
I on-board new clients, requesting for their details and informations, I conduct public due diligence on details and informations provided before engaging in a relationship with clients. I Perform periodic review on high risk Individual and Entities, however, identify the ownership structure for each Entity.
I conduct EDD on high risk Individual and Entities, Controlling people and Directors. I comply to 4AMLD identifying any individual with investor 25%+. I have leant different skills, conducting training to new in takes, use different applications and screening tools such as Factiva, Worldcheck, DnB, lexis Nexis, Bankers almanac etc,

I work individually and as a team in my present role.The atmosphere is one of the best ever I have worked at with many activities such as Fun and dress down on Fridays, group outing and in door games
Citi is a great company to build a career in financial services. Some grit, fast paced environment, challenging assignments, as well as training and support network is all you need for your development!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citi?
Citi Has a great flexible benefits package allowing you to make your personal life better.
HR are wonderful and attentive helping employees get their work life in order.

Management seem to genuinely care about their employees
Typical corporate investments banking culture. Rather average salary, average work-life balance.Very bad management. In overall not recommended unless you really need to gain experience at the start of your career.
Fantásticas oportunidades de desarollo dentro de la empresa
Pros
presencia a nivel mundial de la compañía, seguro médico privado, buen plan de pensiones
Cons
muchas horas extras sin pagar
I really enjoy citi however after putting alot of work in I have progressed very little and my salary doesn't reflect the effort I put in.I respect the management style and working conditions, however low pay has lead to high staff turnover.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)

Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’

Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
 - more...
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
My experience with Citi was great. There is good opportunity for career advancement and a wide range of roles to choose from as a new employee or for internal mobility. Would recommend Citi as an employer to anyone.
Pros
Company Social Events and Sports teams
Clinical and cold, no atmosphere and a general disregard for employees mental well-being. Unreasonable working hours. Witnessed and subjected to staff being yelled at by management in front of entire office and be I g questioned for taking lunch breaks which they are legally entitled to
Cons
Long hours and humiliation
Work is interesting and nowhere else in Belfast does Investment Banking.
Enjoyable to learn new elements of job, hours can be long, culture is positive.
Felt like a family environment.
Great place to work.

Great work life balance.

Team oriented work.

High Standard.

People were so friendly and easy going.
A good place to work with a great work culture and colleagues. However, hard work is not always recognised and there is a significant amount of office politics involved when it comes to compensation/promotions. Salaries are poor and technologies used are sometimes outdated, which can be a disadvantage to those starting out in their careers.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good benefits and social activities.
Cons
Poor salary, parking cost, late hours expected when necessary, office politics.
I have built up great experience throughout the 18 months I have worked at Citi. From having relatively no banking experience I have built up great knowledge. Very good salary/benefits