Citi Employee Reviews

good workplace
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  new york17 April 2018
good progression if your job exposes you to the right seniority. good worklife environment and culture - everyone is very friendly and willing to help. The hours are also pretty good in comparable to other banks, yet pay is not as competitive.
Citi Global Markets Belfast
Operations Specialist - ETD Reconciliations (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 April 2018
Typical corporate investments banking culture. Rather average salary, average work-life balance.Very bad management. In overall not recommended unless you really need to gain experience at the start of your career.
Buen ambiente laboral
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast14 April 2018
Fantásticas oportunidades de desarollo dentro de la empresa
Pros
presencia a nivel mundial de la compañía, seguro médico privado, buen plan de pensiones
Cons
muchas horas extras sin pagar
Productive and professional workplace
Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh10 April 2018
very good company and team culture, good support to new team members, good work culture and work life balance.

Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, progress starts here.
Energetic environment
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST | OPERATIONAL RISK (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom19 March 2018
Fast paced and long hours. Employees generally want to improve things and strive to do this on own initiative. Overall, employees are professional and have very good work ethic.
Great brand
Project and Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2018
Great brand with really good reputation. Retail business very small in the UK which had it's advantages and disadvantages. Overall, good company to work for.
Delivery focused.
Programme Mananger (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 January 2018
Citi is very focused on delivering the best solutions across a very challenging dynamic environment, a lot of time is spent on conference calls and processing emails.
I worked there 20 years ago and hated it
Developer (Former Employee) –  Aldwych, Greater London31 January 2018
I worked there twenty years ago, at Aldwych, central London.
The office is now an apartment block so I don't suppose what I say here really means anything any more......
Create place to work but not rewarded well
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belfast30 January 2018
I really enjoy citi however after putting alot of work in I have progressed very little and my salary doesn't reflect the effort I put in.I respect the management style and working conditions, however low pay has lead to high staff turnover.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
Great workplace
Secretary/Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
I was a secretary in Citibank for approx 10 years. My duties were typing letters, reports and memos. On a daily basis I would answer the telephone, filing and admin.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Made redundant whilst on maternity leave
Worst company culture - no work/life balance
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2018
If you can avoid Citi, then good for you!

Immense management pressure for results, not enough people on the ground, always no capacity.

If I knew I would had never joined them.
High pressure work place
Intmd Cash and Trade Proc Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 December 2017
It was fast paced high pressure job where dealing with client services. Was the trainer and SME for AML and Sanctions.
The job helped me learn to work with daily time management challenges given the fact that we were working under capacity.
Pros
Benefits and medicals
Cons
Capacity challenges
Good working environment
Cash Equity Business Analysis / PM (Former Employee) –  London13 December 2017
Hands on management with the aim to let staff ran their own projects. Aim is to ensure items are delivered on time and within budget to allow for resource management.
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
Very productive and welcoming environment
Treasury trade solutions (Former Employee) –  London11 December 2017
Having never worked in an 'office environment' I didn't know what to expect and found the experience I had to be very different. This experience helped me on a various amount of skills and helped me developed skills such as Networking and Organisational skills.
Overall Satisfaction
Valuation Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  London10 December 2017
I joined as a fresh graduate, I got a lot of experience here and learnt a lot from my colleagues. Great environment, good people. I would recommend it to anyone.
Margin ops
Cash and collateral manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 November 2017
My short time at Citi Margin Ops can only be described as a living nightmare. To start there is quite clearly minimal communication between HR and the department as there had been no indication of my start date, I spent majority of my first month awaiting systems to be put in place for me to work with.
You will initially be eased in with a 9-5 job that seems great but are then told on several points ‘the honeymoon period is over’ you will then have to be prepared to work a minimal of 12+ hours everyday with no appreciation from management with no extra pay (which you’re told you should appreciate having job and shouldn’t moan about extra hours). no training watching someone work at a computer with no communication is classed as training in this place or leaving it to colleagues to teach you as much as they know, who learned from predecessors (not the managers) seems to be the ongoing theme before they also then leave. (Extremely high turnover)
Morale is quite low because of ‘certain’ management some disregard your existence and will take nothing to do with you wereas the ones that do take the reigns believe in staff humiliation in meetings calling people for out for mistakes they made (I’ll reiterate the lack of training here) or shouting among the office while other colleagues are standing nearby’
Lunch breaks also factor in you’re contracted 1 hour of lunch which you find out isn’t appreciated among managers, and will decrease as time goes on to the point were you will result in eating your lunch at your desk as this is what is expected.

Bank holidays are
  more... not taken off but plus is you will get extra pay for working them.

This is not a reflection of Citi but the reflection of the management in this particular department, if you apply be aware it is one year before you can apply for another position (which isn’t guaranteed as management can say yes or no to your movement). I was excited to work for this company but this department is awful. Especially when other departments within the same office are happy and have great rapport with their line managers and have 7-3, 8-4 and 9-5 shifts with their full hour lunch.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management long hours
Dynamic and challenging
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  London21 November 2017
Citi represents an enormous opportunity to those interested in Finance to branch out in various areas of the business. You are surrounded by people who are willing to offer support and direction at various stages of your career.
Great Company, hard work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 November 2017
Project work and support of production systems. Utilising the latest software functions as well as on the job gaining of the business knowledge within the custody.

The custody team I worked used C# and SQL Server predominately. The business processes require that settlement information to be processed in a timely manner to update Citi's internal systems, updates to the market and regulator reporting.

There was always work with lots of future project work. Due to the team structure the growth sectors for this team is outside of the UK. Working with the team team globally was enjoyable and knowledge available across all locations, offering the best for clients with a 24/7 third level support model from the development team. But due to the robust nature of the systems a lot of the work was project based, unsociable hours for project release to cover market open and market close.

I would recommend Citi as a work place.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
long hours, unsociable hours
Investment banking fun
M&A Analyst (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
This was a tough job in a tough work environment. I do not believe that working in M&A in SSSB was any more difficult or easier than any of the other banks.
Speaking to clients over the phone
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR AND ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf6 November 2017
Switchboard was from 7am to 7pm and we would be on shifts, you'd get calls from all over the world and from customers who had an account with the bank. I would sometimes speak in Italian, Spanish or French, I got along with my colleagues. The hardest part would be the shifts one week would be from 7-4, 9-6 and then 10-7, I was happy that i could use my languages in this job
Pros
Speaking in three different languages
Cons
The shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K