CIS Security Employee Reviews

A good working environment and suportive management
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ashford9 August 2018
Opening the building, security checks throughout the day of the building and the car park
Booking in visitors including arranging parking permits for staff as well as visitors on a computer programme.
Distributing the post and vetting deliveries.
Monitoring cctv, dealing with e-mails and taking action where needed.

I reported directly to the Facilities Manager and was responsible for a checking the building for any maintenance issues on a daily basis.

I enjoyed meeting lots of different people which included tenants of the building as well as visitors and assisting where needed.

I was responsible for staff training and organising staff rosters.

I did not find any part of the job really hard at all
Pros
Free parking, uniform provided
Cons
Not a great wage
Good Company -Not Perfect But Good
Team Leader, University of East London (Former Employee) –  London2 July 2018
Good company to work for . Good management . Striving to always become better within the industry , Very low turnover of workers . A reliable control room and they give opportunities to those who truly add value to the company and clients
All promise, nothing else. Avoid
SIA Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 June 2018
Everyone stabbes you in the back and no support. Old staff hsve no respect for you and clicks are what count. As someone said lick boots and the right greed and colour is whats going to help.

I haited my job after afew days because therr all demining and miserable people. Management wont help or support you and the promised hours, lol your having a laugh.

Getting paid is a farse .

The site was good, businesses were amazing, how can you mess this up people.

Get ride of some of fhe old staff that course all the issues could help.
Pathetic company
DS (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
Does not look after staff - for a 'Family run business' there is no family feel - it's always look after yourself and watch your own back. No compassion, or understanding we are all human beings - not machines. Always hearing negativity from staff. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Cons
Longs hours, bad pay.
Productive and fun workplace
Postroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London3 July 2017
_Great environment workplace

_Good condition and terms

_Good communication between Management and employees

_Capacity to be promoted

_Good support and trainings
No comments
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2017
Lack of professionalism in all aspects of work. Don't want to share any information here, but If you think to start your adventure in security industry better find better place to start with.
management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London6 February 2017
Had eight managers over two years all with different work ethic's and constant changes to duties and responsibilities in a blame culture atmosphere and with constant salary miscalculations left all staff demoralised.
Pros
good training
Cons
payroll errors
Worthless and Disgraceful to be called a Security company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  University of Westminster27 October 2016
I found out late of the dubious criminal acts between my Contract Manager and one of our clients ,there was so much mistrust within the officers and the colleague supervisors were booth lickers.
The Contract manager employed his whole family and gave them outrageous shifts pattern to make so much money and he got kick backs for his Generosity .
Pros
Non
Cons
No Equality and staffs are relegated to being Zombies
Awful company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  doncaster and sheffield16 October 2016
I worked for this company for 2 yrs,and I can honestly say it was awful,I worked for min wage and the management was totally useless.
I worked mainly at the Doncaster site on gatehouse duties,checking in the lorries and checking all the other vehicles and patrolling the site along with my fellow workers.
I worked lousy shifts and was paid the min wage,they didn't even pay me for the petrol from Sheffield to the site,eventually I quit,and I told the boss what I thought of him and his company,I would advise anyone to give this company a wide berth.
Pros
non really
Cons
long hrs min wage
Alright
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield31 August 2016
Alright Company to work for, after the first couple of months Management is horrendous you will get nagged everyday and made to feel worthless, never praised for any good work, no team work, alot of talking behind your back, be prepared to watch your back and wear a stab proof vest because your fellow co-workers will stab you in the back.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long Hours ( 64+ a week), Isolated, Demoralising
absolute nightmare of a company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London20 July 2016
it was a horrible time for me.
People pretended all the time so they could be officer of the month and get £45 .
That includes making sure other officers works are ignored.
they have their favourite officers.
The control room is a joke! the controllers are very rude
Pros
Cons
a lot
Good stuff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Responce29 June 2016
I work well with others so interacting with people makes my day and people are from all walks of life in my job. The staff are mostly good and fun to be around.I like new things going from site to site to fined out what is next and to explore the meany sites in CIS.
Pros
good liveing wage
Cons
management do do listen to employees/hard to advance
Don't bother
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London26 January 2016
Unless you want to lick boots with site manages, team leaders, then you won't get no where, if you have a problem don't expect to get it sorted or a decently call back from left voicemail messages from head office. They are good salesman but don't come up with the goods
Cons
Long hrs
Security Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2016
Decline to state, as i was moved from the company under a TUPE requirement which I considered unjust. However the company was very good to work for as i progressed from a mobile supervisor to account manager in a relatively short time.
Pros
Decline to state
Cons
Decline to state
Each Day Is Varied
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG11 October 2015
I am currently working as a Gallery Assistant at the National Gallery.

Each day is varied as we have 9,000 + visitors per day which makes each day so different.

I work with around 25 co workers to control access and egress from the building and to special exhibitions
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Travel Time
Not recommended
Security Response Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG8 July 2015
this was the most frustrating job ever, you dont know what you will earn from month to month, I was given a recommendation by the client who asked for me to be told my work is great, I have never recieved this praise to date, the pay is messed up every month and sometimes you do not ever get the missing hours, you are just a number to CIS, they do not respect you and the staff call the company Criminals In Security because of their dishonesty.
last but not least, you have to give bribes to the controllers to get work or get good sites to work at., or even hours each week as it is zero hour.
Pros
£8 hourly
Cons
as above
Friendly Working Atmosphere
Apprentice Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisham10 June 2015
I enjoyed my work at CIS Security and it was a very nice friendly working atmosphere. There is a great management in place and they love to make sure everyone is happy at work.
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
Work gets passed around
Work Day
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  south london19 January 2015
As standard 15min prior to work to complete hand over, start first estate patrol confirm everything is in order then commences with the daily rota.
makes you self aware and independent - Hard working
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG2 January 2015
-long hours
-you have to manage yourself
-unreliable
-not efficient
-not family orientated
-problem solving is a process unless outside company help is applied
-unless placed at a permanent location, locations moved around as a response officer
-payment is inaccurate and takes weeks to resolve

-good as a starting place if you have been out of work, or is your first time in security (learning the role)
Pros
work when its avaiable
Cons
not reliable
lone worker (night)
Security Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Redhill Surrey29 September 2014
I like coming into contact with the clients daily I found it very rewarding when able to help the client. I had a good roper with clients and building management.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
sadly the contract ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

CIS Security Reviews by Location