Cirrus Logic Employee Reviews

Cirrus Logic (thru) Decision One Corp
LAN Systems Analyst/ Computer Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA7 December 2018
A very well known and respected Chip Manufacturer in Silicon Valley that was highly successful in it's core business, that hired the best and provided highly competitive pay and benefits, on campus cafeteria for the benefit of the employees.
Pros
Highly successful corporation, highly competitive pay and benefits
Fun Place to Work
Intern, Mixed Signal IC Validation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 September 2018
Its a good place to work. They have a lot of fun activities to reduce workplace stress. Weekly Happy Hours is the best.
The Work culture is relaxed when no project deadline is there but becomes quite hectic when a deadline has to be met. But this is the story of every company.
The worst thing about Cirrus is, their interns even after working so hard for 7-8 months are not appreciated for their efforts and are not offered a Full Time in most cases recently. This is bad and it feels like Cirrus is looking for cheap employees to do the same work Full Timers do.
Struggling company with serious leadership issues
Software (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX20 January 2019
A lot of in-fighting between UK and American teams. Serious leadership issue and fighting. Thrashes around engineering teams from one decision to another. Toxic environment.
Cirrus Logic was a great place to work
Intellectual Property Attorney (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA6 December 2018
I co-created the IP department at Cirrus Logic after my first year of law school. It was interesting work and include IP specialist work, budgeting and resource fulfillment.
A good but stressful company to work for
Full-time Audio Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX22 June 2018
Company culture is good, lots of company sponsored events like happy hour, music events, and family friendly events. However, it's important for someone to have strong knowledge and experience to work here as project is always short in hand and everyone are supposed to take lots of responsibilities.
Great Internship Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX3 June 2018
Cirrus Logic is a great company with a great attitude. Everyone enjoys what they do and cares about the advancement of the company. The corporate culture is relaxed, you can wear whatever you want, sometimes free food and happy hours every Friday. The management is nice and wants you to learn and progress.
Pros
Pto, health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k, some free food
Good company but volatile market
Manager - SAP Applications (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX5 July 2018
The company is a good employer, but because the company only makes one type of product, it is volatile depending on the consumer demand of the product.
Very good tools and advance technologies .
Staff Design Verification / Diagnostics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX29 April 2018
* Continue task assignment

* New tools and technologies

* Work and personal life balanced good .

* Very good training and team support structure .

* would like to work again for this company .
Great company and fun environment to work at
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX20 April 2018
The company has very friendly people and I enjoyed working with all of them. The group is very supportive. The work/ life balance is amazing and there are many cool areas around the company that you can go to.
Good company to work for .
Staff Design Verification Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX29 April 2018
* Continue task assignment

* New tools and technologies

* Work and personal life balanced good .

* Very good training and team support structure .

* would like to work again for this company .
Great place to work back "in the day"
Sr. Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO19 January 2018
Significant changes in product offering changed the shape of working at Cirrus, not to mention physical location (moved everything to Austin).

Fabless model was ditched to acquire three foundry operations. That forced some tough choices to be made in programs and several were cut.
Pros
Team spirit and collaboration was high
Cons
none stand out
It was over 20 years ago.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA13 March 2018
The culture was fine. I worked graveyard test maintenance so I did not communicate with the engineers. I am not even sure that the company still exists.
Cirrus
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX21 February 2018
This organization is great at managing the engineering side of the business. This organization creates audio related products and continues to grow in this area.
Productive, laid back and fun place to work
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX24 August 2016
Cirrus Logic is one of the best companies I have worked for, and is consistently ranked high in the GPTW survey 3 years in a row. Work hard during the week and enjoy a beer at the end of Friday with your colleagues. Executive management does a good job of keeping up employee morale, share profits etc. The CEO and his team have done a great job in steering this company in the right direction and it is definitely poised for many years of consistent growth in the Audio market.
Pros
Free beer and wine on Friday afternoons
average company
Sr. Product Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX24 April 2015
I left CRUS in 2008, and the company has evolved into mostly an Apple supplier which I believe is about 80% of their business now. While I worked there, the company was not managed well and had frequent layoffs which I had been warned about. I enjoyed working there while it lasted because the working environment was challenging but relaxed. On one Thursday every month, the company would have a party with life music and beer. The pay was average and the benefits slightly below average. CRUS gave above average amounts of stock options that always stayed under water, however.
Pros
relaxed work environment, decent pay
Cons
stock options instead of RSUs, company not diversified
Satisfying & well done job personally.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore India15 December 2012
starts at 7.00 AM with e mails checking & plan day with a list to do
Business Forecast & meeting Quarterly sales Targets
submitting reports for management reviews
Team work with collegues to win new design in
Hardest parts is to get correct business forecast from customers & win customer confidence.
Job satisfication & pride to bring business to 2 Million USD from USD 100K which when I took this Job as Product manager to Sales manager.
Pros
had good distributors network to arrange timely support to customers
Cons
lack of tech support from factory team
All Show and No Substance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX18 April 2013
Company needs focus
HR pushes employees to rate company and managers well on performance surveys and discuss any issues only in private
No job security
Lacks new ideas
Poor overall management
Poor management of HR
Focus is too much on Employee perks (free coffee, ice cream, beer) and not enough on product development and working as a team to develop strategic initiatives.
Management does throw employees under the bus instead of working on their own management skills
Pros
wearing jeans everyday
Cons
management is out of touch with employees, no job security, hr management more interested in scheduling happy hours than career planning, hr grossly neglects training for managers
Ok Place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX30 July 2013
not a great place to work..expected you to change hours days and shifts on no given notice, expected you to work 16 hour days with no notice..then when theres no work expects you to take vacation.
90 percent of their bussiness is dumped into one customer..
and this customer, has stated it will buy the place where cirrus has it chips made by the end of 2014, and start making thier own chips.
thus unless this company can diversify itself within the next year
and gain new customers. which do not account for 80-90 percent of its sales, I say the end is near...
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
to much of its bussiness is invested into one company which will start making thier own chips.
Good facilities and parking
IC Sr. mask design engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX20 July 2014
Most days were 8 hrs. until the work load piled up. I had a company laptop that I would work on after hours. This was very useful to keeping my project on track and keeping up on emails. My manager was very knowledgeable about the computer programs and tried to have the latest tools available. I didn't think he had a good grasp of time line for scheduling projects with the resources. I didn't find anything hard about this job except for delays in planning from management.
Pros
Free lunches, free vending, music parties and birthday celebration once a month.
Cons
Travel time to work. Located downtown so you are always in rush hour comming and going.
Great people but layoffs used to balance the books and make Wall Street happy
Product/Test Engineering Group (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX17 July 2013
I really liked my co-workers, including my managers. My job was great - they gave me new challenges, new responsibilities, good training. Morale was not so great because we always seemed to be having layoffs all the time. Everyone would comment that every time Wall Street got worried then we would have layoffs.
Pros
challenging work, high expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirrus Logic. Our community is ready to answer.