Circle Health Employee Reviews

Great vibe and positive colleagues
Marketing (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2019
I joined Circle Health two and a half years ago as part of the head office team. Across the business people are enthusiastic and there is a real commitment and passion for the Circle Credo, which supports a culture in which innovation and excellence can thrive.
Pros
Colleagues are friendly
Terrible management
Agency Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset6 February 2019
The current manager is more like a dictator than a manager. She bullies and shouts until she gets her way. Your voice is not heard regardless of experience.

No support from senior management.

If the management team just listened to the experienced staff they have around them the place would work to perfection. Sadly egos seem to get in the way!
Appalling Company
Aministration (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire16 September 2018
After working for this shambolic company for too long I took the next step and removed myself from its poisonous atmosphere. The staff are unsupported, underpaid, and the turnover rate is horrendous. The management team and training are a joke - too young, no people skills and utter lack of empathy, with very few professional boundaries evident. Nepotism is rife, as someone else has already noted, and if you're happy to cosy up to the right people to get along and tug your forelock, you'll do very well there indeed.
They have no idea how to get the best from their most valuable resource - people - and the credo is mere lip service. The knock on effect is a team morale so low you could crawl under a closed door.
The only positive is that the team where I worked supported each other as best we could despite the appalling and unrealistic workload.
Btw, is anyone convinced by the 'positive' reviews that are all dated the same? Good grief, could you get any less transparent?
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, working expectations, staff turnover, poor management, morale
The worst company I have ever worked for...
Admin current (Current Employee) –  Bath13 August 2018
It’s hard to believe that in 2018 a company can behave in any way it sees fit with no repercussions, however, Circle have made it into an art form.

Management - what management? One young “manager” in his second admin role with no management training overseen by a voiceless hospital director brought in after his predecessor jumped ship following the Circle sell out to an investment company.

Narcissism is rampant - only by cosying up to the right person will you find yourself with a job offer, but beware, the job offer can be withdrawn at any time for no reason - it’s “just business” apparently.

And not forgetting “the finger of doom” - beware of anything/everything you ever do, as when something goes wrong (which is frequently) the “management” will be looking for someone to blame.

Wages? Well, you’ll earn more in the NHS, so definitely don’t go to Circle expecting an improvement in your circumstances.

The patient? Who? Sorry, in all the empire building and finger pointing the patient is usually lost and, who cares? If they’re NHS they most certainly are not deemed worthy of any consideration from anyone at Circle! If they’re private, don’t worry, the consultant or his secretary will shout over any problems and get them to the head of the queue for treatment - Circle is a private hospital after all, despite the 70% NHS workload that keeps them afloat.

Therefore, in all good conscience, I cannot possibly recommend Circle as an employer, nor in fact would I recommend it as a private hospital - stick to tried and tested ones such as The Bath Clinic, where the
  more... patient most definitely does come first, every time, and the staff are simply outstanding.  less
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Everything that I can think of - poor wages, terrible management, claustrophobic environment, no career progression, oh, not forgetting, you can be laid off at any time as it’s “just business”
Great place to work! Well done Circle
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 August 2018
I've not long been part of the Circle family, but I've been here long enough now to know that it was the best decision I made joining the company. I thoroughly enjoy everything about this hospital and the "good vibes" that it gives off. The team I work with are amazing and we all fit like a puzzle. The staff here are so friendly, welcoming, helpful and always have smiles on their faces (even though maybe some days I'm sure they don't feel like it!). Everyone mucks in together to achieve and it is very team orientated. I've never felt so much part of a team as I do now! (there is no I in team!). Senior management are approachable, friendly and if you have a concern or issue they are keen to help you sort it out. Don't get me wrong there are always going to be the usual "politics" in the Healthcare industry, however having worked in the past for another private health company, the difference in the two is hardly worth mentioning!

I enjoy the challenges of my job and all of the different things that I'm able to get involved in. It is a pleasure to come to work everyday in such a beautiful building with fantastic facilities and fantastic people. It is a fast paced environment with a transparency amongst senior management and leaders, whereby a previous organisation I had worked for had a very closed door policy despite stating the opposite! It felt that they liked to keep everything separate and not involve staff, whereas it is the complete opposite here and if anything networking and social company involvement amongst staff is encouraged!

Well done Circle!
Pros
lovely building great facilities
Cons
Parking is limited at times
Productive workplace with a great team
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 August 2018
A great place to work and to progress your career. Supported by colleagues and SMT when needed. Holiday entitlement is excellent. No days are ever the same, very busy, but as a team we achieve good results which is recognised by all. A great social committee to keep diaries busy with social events which include family members.
Pros
Environment and Team
Enjoy working for Circle
Non Clinical (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 August 2018
An exciting place to work!

Lovely building with a good atmosphere

I have worked for Circle for many years. Its always been hard work - but where isn't in healthcare?

Staff are friendly, management listen. Above all the patients always come first.

Would always recommend working at Circle to friends and family.
Pros
Great team, amazing hospital
Cons
Parking can sometimes be difficult
More ‘Circus’ than Circle.
Admin (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset20 July 2018
The only redeeming feature of this place is the staff. Morale is horrendously low, but staff are like a family and support one another through difficulties. It’s a shame that those in Management positions have been thrown in to their posts irrelevant of their skills and expertise. Sadly, with one or two exceptions, ‘Management’ here couldn’t ‘manage’ to run a tap, never mind a Hospital Department despite having the biggest egos of any organisation I have ever been a part of!
Salaries are appalling. They literally pay what they feel like offering unless you are the Hospital Director or someone of that level earning an extortionate salary for doing and knowing nothing, but hey, that’s The Circus for you!
Cut your losses and work for the NHS if healthcare is your chosen profession. Don’t be under the illusion that pay and conditions are better at Circle... they aren’t! So many people have left the NHS to work at Circle and then returned once they realise the true way of things there. Sad, as it could be a great organisation.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Management, wages
Expect miracles and support is void
Leader (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 July 2018
Was promoted to management role and promised support but the only thing you receive is blame. Senior management clueless about operational staff needs and only focus on bigger picture/revenue. Staff who hints about unhappiness n possibly leaving are told” fine we will recruit someone else. Very Very High staff turn over n management turn a blind eye to the glaring fact that most staff do not change jobs due to workload or position but because of their managers who are awful but get support from their managers. If 3 staff members leave they will approve only 1 new recruit.
Pros
Nice looking building
Cons
No management structure.No support, low morale, extremely high staff turnover
Low morale
Bank Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset7 June 2018
I worked here for over a year in the Admin office, I loved the job and the people I worked with but the leadership in the admin office was very poor and issues not dealt with. Bank staff are paid badly and treated poorly. High turnover of staff.
Pros
Nice Deli
Cons
Low morale
Fun workplace and environment
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford4 January 2016
I was employed by circle after being made redundant by my previous employer. My main duties include stock control for both clinical and non-clinical resources, Drug control and checks and chaperoning. I also run my own clinics working with the chronic pain service teaching patients on the use on a TENs machine. When I have completed my main responsibilities I help out the admin staff with the daily admin duties.