CIP Recruitment

CIP Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
overall they are decent just sometimes they mess you about and you don't get any work for awhile. If its just part time work you're looking for then its perfect.
I was transferred from my old agency to CIP as I worked for Morrison Data Services and the old agency they used closed, the management and my consultant at CIP were very good, friendly, efficient and professional, my wages were always on time and correct, as an agency I can’t fault them at all, if there was a problem they discussed it with me and resolved it quickly.
I was informed that it would be TUPE across, with a flexible working pattern. This would save the company money on expenses and allow better target performance. Instead they took away wages as a daily rate even when working over 40 hours per week.
Sometimes it was very busy, sometimes very slow, depended especially on machines, if they worked fine it was quite fast place to work, which i didn't mind, I'm hard worker and team player, so it was ideal place for me. I found problem especially with breaks, there wasn't set break times, for any line, day, or shift. Most of team leader were friendly and helpful but on the other side it was very stressful place to work, some of team leaders were swearing at us, didn't explain job we supposed to do. When we learned how to work on any position and they were hiring new people, they let us to teach a new member, which I think is team leaders job.
Bpth companies use and abuse staff promised the earth get nothing Morrison data service management is poor from the Motherwell office management select whp they like
In this job i found it productive as in everyone knew what they were doing so when everyone was workkng it all run smoothly and so that made the job easy
Pros
Easy work
Cons
But busy
I worked as a Christmas temp at CIP and while I was there it was extremely fast paced work as they were trying to get stock ready for Christmas. Didn't really see management much. You get to listen to the radio but you have to keep working.
The Meter Reading part getting out and about was great at first. Then you get rural work as your the newbies and get asked why you only get 30 reads in a day when your trying to read farms miles apart. You get asked to go out of you area to help out, having to travel 3hrs a day on top of your normal hours and don't get paid for it!! Nearly every week i found mistakes on the wage, so you were always unsure what you were owed. The attitude of the management was poor offering bonuses to encourage more reads with little hope of getting anywhere near. I only ever reached target once, Your targets are around 720 reads a week and they cut the points per read.
Your told you will get the minimum wage but try and rip you off on holidays as they say its based on reads average. The handheld always play up at the end of the day you go home and have to upload your completed work if you don't you don't get paid. however most times your spending hours trying to get it to work if it doesn't you have to phone a help desk for a fault code which you then have to email CIP again if you don't you don't get paid.

The system was mental someone from ch43 would be sent around CH1 or ch2 and someone from ch2 would be sent to ch43 or ch7.
Pros
walking
Cons
all the rest
Constantly underpaid! Working 40+hrs I'd Work 6 days out of 7 and get paid for 25 hrs. Apparently it's "Read to Read" but that is an utter crock.
Felt like having two employers had to report everything a dozen times to both MDS and CIP

I am currently arguing with CIP about the hours and fuel allowance that they still owe me and I left on Dec 14th. Annual Leave?? That is a complete joke.

Don't get me wrong I loved the job. It was brilliant. Out and about all day. Meeting new people. But until they get new handsets and stop using the prehistoric M3 which I think is older than me to catch all the data.

ALL I CAN SAY IS ------- AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Flexible(to a point)
Cons
Rubbish pay, Lwft hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Constant clerical errors. Rude staff when you call
flexible work time and work place, payment always on time, good communication with staff what give you all support 24h/7 days in week, good pay rate
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIP Recruitment?
As the title suggests the contempt with which you are treated is staggering. If you have an issue its not CIPs issue its Morrisons Data Services if you contact MDS yu are referred back to CIP as your employer..total garbage.
Couple of examples-Im leaving CIP on the 1st November...no your not our records show 30th November so get on with it. Checked with new employer who confirmed start date and it had been communicated back to CIP so I called them...oops I mixed you up with someone else!!Note there is no apology.

Holiday pay-you build it up weekly but trying to get back what you've built up is a night mare...check the smallprint in your contract as they will look for every opportunity not to pay you.

Leaving the company, got it in writing how much my final payment would be, surprise, surprise I didnt get what was promised. Why-Admin error basically they cant count.

Finished with them now thank goodness work with them and in particular their "head of" at your peril they are truly awful.
Pros
Working your own hours and not having to deal with them face to face
Cons
Salary, holidays, communication and the "head of"
Managers make sure their mates get all the easy areas. Terrible pay and pay is generally hit and miss.what else can i say except avoid at all cost etc.
Pros
Good excercise
Cons
Badly ran and terrible pay
Awful company to work for. U do not get what is advertised... seriously... u get paid more for doin a paper round. Put it this way.... u read 700 meters a week ( if u think u can read that many by all means) an you’ll get 250. But if u read 100 a week you’ll still pick up over 220. Work that one out.
Pros
Handing the equipment back
Cons
If your face doesn't fit and the representative doesn't like you, you will either hardly get any shifts or be moved about so much and get abuse from the special ones that are always in so eventually you are forced to quit.
Cons
Bad management for the agency at site, picks favourite staff all the time, if your not liked your laid off when quiet, obertime if your face fits, team leaders traet you like children and speat to you like trash they hate new starters ive witnessed it and seen it, 3 team leaders to watch out for, the place needs cip management changing asap with a new face, they pay random holiday when not requested , some people will get full weeks work some get none others get full week it's not shared equally then they wonder why can't keep staff, the owners are good people and work hard but they need to open ther eyes at recruitment manager she's needs to be changed she has got to comfy and friendly with staff
Pros
Cons
Team leaders horrible
• Working within established guidelines, especially with brands
• Dealing with customer enquiries, purchases, complains and refunds

• Stock control and management

• Stocking shelves with merchandise
I learnt how to use a PDF reader. My daily duties would include collecting data from gas and electric meters, meeting new people on a daily basics. Travelling round London.
I would then download the data when i arrived home at the end of the day.

The hardest part was split shift, starting at 8 -12 then starting again at 4-8.
Great communications, very helpful with organising payroll and booking holiday. I had an interview with the company I intended to work for and then delt with and deal with CIP over the phone.
Pros
Everthibg over the phone
Line leaders are so disrespectful and nasty to packing operatives. Horrible environment at Canley Food Packers. Are not respected and made feel depressed as you are unable to talk at all even when the machines stopped and there's nothing to do. I felt like I got picked on by most of the line leaders. People always talk about you in that factory so nosey and two faced.
Abusive shift manager that is willing to ignore working time regulations, the agency advertises a 37.5 hour week yet does not supply that fairly to the staff.
Personally, as I write this, it is Tuesday and I haven't been in since Thursday of the previous week.
Pros
some of the people that work there make it tolerable
Cons
everything outlined in the review
Hard job but in very clean area.
Interesting airline business.

Small possibility of career advancement.

Type of work is not adequate earnings.

Customer's Management does not treat the same contractors like their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, free car park, Close distance
Cons
mall possibility of career advancement, low hour rate