CIP Recruitment Employee Reviews

Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex24 February 2019
In this job i found it productive as in everyone knew what they were doing so when everyone was workkng it all run smoothly and so that made the job easy
Pros
Easy work
Cons
But busy
poor payers
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire12 February 2019
The Meter Reading part getting out and about was great at first. Then you get rural work as your the newbies and get asked why you only get 30 reads in a day when your trying to read farms miles apart. You get asked to go out of you area to help out, having to travel 3hrs a day on top of your normal hours and don't get paid for it!! Nearly every week i found mistakes on the wage, so you were always unsure what you were owed. The attitude of the management was poor offering bonuses to encourage more reads with little hope of getting anywhere near. I only ever reached target once, Your targets are around 720 reads a week and they cut the points per read.
Your told you will get the minimum wage but try and rip you off on holidays as they say its based on reads average. The handheld always play up at the end of the day you go home and have to upload your completed work if you don't you don't get paid. however most times your spending hours trying to get it to work if it doesn't you have to phone a help desk for a fault code which you then have to email CIP again if you don't you don't get paid.
The system was mental someone from ch43 would be sent around CH1 or ch2 and someone from ch2 would be sent to ch43 or ch7.
Pros
walking
Cons
all the rest
Avoid at all costs
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  South Wales29 January 2019
Constantly underpaid! Working 40+hrs I'd Work 6 days out of 7 and get paid for 25 hrs. Apparently it's "Read to Read" but that is an utter crock.
Felt like having two employers had to report everything a dozen times to both MDS and CIP
I am currently arguing with CIP about the hours and fuel allowance that they still owe me and I left on Dec 14th. Annual Leave?? That is a complete joke.
Don't get me wrong I loved the job. It was brilliant. Out and about all day. Meeting new people. But until they get new handsets and stop using the prehistoric M3 which I think is older than me to catch all the data.

ALL I CAN SAY IS ------- AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Flexible(to a point)
Cons
Rubbish pay, Lwft hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Constant clerical errors. Rude staff when you call
I recommend
Chef (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2019
flexible work time and work place, payment always on time, good communication with staff what give you all support 24h/7 days in week, good pay rate
Your not an employee..you are a worker
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  North East30 November 2018
As the title suggests the contempt with which you are treated is staggering. If you have an issue its not CIPs issue its Morrisons Data Services if you contact MDS yu are referred back to CIP as your employer..total garbage.
Couple of examples-Im leaving CIP on the 1st November...no your not our records show 30th November so get on with it. Checked with new employer who confirmed start date and it had been communicated back to CIP so I called them...oops I mixed you up with someone else!!Note there is no apology.
Holiday pay-you build it up weekly but trying to get back what you've built up is a night mare...check the smallprint in your contract as they will look for every opportunity not to pay you.
Leaving the company, got it in writing how much my final payment would be, surprise, surprise I didnt get what was promised. Why-Admin error basically they cant count.
Finished with them now thank goodness work with them and in particular their "head of" at your peril they are truly awful.
Pros
Working your own hours and not having to deal with them face to face
Cons
Salary, holidays, communication and the "head of"
Avoid at all costs
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  North East30 October 2018
Managers make sure their mates get all the easy areas. Terrible pay and pay is generally hit and miss.what else can i say except avoid at all cost etc.
Pros
Good excercise
Cons
Badly ran and terrible pay
Terrible
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  West Midlands26 March 2018
Awful company to work for. U do not get what is advertised... seriously... u get paid more for doin a paper round. Put it this way.... u read 700 meters a week ( if u think u can read that many by all means) an you’ll get 250. But if u read 100 a week you’ll still pick up over 220. Work that one out.
Pros
Handing the equipment back
Not a nice place to be
Former packer (Former Employee) –  Crowle9 December 2017
If your face doesn't fit and the representative doesn't like you, you will either hardly get any shifts or be moved about so much and get abuse from the special ones that are always in so eventually you are forced to quit.
Agency worker crowle
Packer (Former Employee) –  Crowle14 October 2017
Bad management for the agency at site, picks favourite staff all the time, if your not liked your laid off when quiet, obertime if your face fits, team leaders traet you like children and speat to you like trash they hate new starters ive witnessed it and seen it, 3 team leaders to watch out for, the place needs cip management changing asap with a new face, they pay random holiday when not requested , some people will get full weeks work some get none others get full week it's not shared equally then they wonder why can't keep staff, the owners are good people and work hard but they need to open ther eyes at recruitment manager she's needs to be changed she has got to comfy and friendly with staff
Pros
Cons
Team leaders horrible
hospitality and event Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton18 April 2017
• Working within established guidelines, especially with brands
• Dealing with customer enquiries, purchases, complains and refunds
• Stock control and management
• Stocking shelves with merchandise
agency
Data collector (Former Employee) –  Surrey, UK22 February 2017
I learnt how to use a PDF reader. My daily duties would include collecting data from gas and electric meters, meeting new people on a daily basics. Travelling round London.
I would then download the data when i arrived home at the end of the day.
The hardest part was split shift, starting at 8 -12 then starting again at 4-8.
Good company to work for
Data collector, Regulator inspector, Battery (Current Employee) –  Horley, UK22 January 2017
Great communications, very helpful with organising payroll and booking holiday. I had an interview with the company I intended to work for and then delt with and deal with CIP over the phone.
Pros
Everthibg over the phone
Don't work for them
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Crowle27 August 2016
Line leaders are so disrespectful and nasty to packing operatives. Horrible environment at Canley Food Packers. Are not respected and made feel depressed as you are unable to talk at all even when the machines stopped and there's nothing to do. I felt like I got picked on by most of the line leaders. People always talk about you in that factory so nosey and two faced.
Not a a good place to work
Food Packer (Current Employee) –  Crowle9 August 2016
Abusive shift manager that is willing to ignore working time regulations, the agency advertises a 37.5 hour week yet does not supply that fairly to the staff.
Personally, as I write this, it is Tuesday and I haven't been in since Thursday of the previous week.
Pros
some of the people that work there make it tolerable
Cons
everything outlined in the review
Hard work but interesting
GA at Gate Gourmet North (Former Employee) –  West Drayton23 May 2016
Hard job but in very clean area.
Interesting airline business.
Small possibility of career advancement.
Type of work is not adequate earnings.
Customer's Management does not treat the same contractors like their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, free car park, Close distance
Cons
mall possibility of career advancement, low hour rate
productive and fun workuble
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 January 2016
hard working self motivated . i had i chance to learn of many different kitchen and many different restaurants. learned to manage well the machinery. i find it fun to eat with friends
Pros
very positive
Cons
when cannot overcame i situation
nice place to wor
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 November 2015
its a call in job where am ask to go to different place to work as general assisatnt or a coffee barista , i can be send to schoo. offices or homes atimes
Pros
sending to different place every day
Cons
long hour
Awful job
meter reader (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire18 November 2015
I had worked reading meters for over four years and after an eighteen month break decided to return to the fold.
At the interview stage I asked and was told I would work on my own patch, well my patch covered four counties within the first month with them, but was told by g4s to submit the extra travel and it would be payed, that was the first problem g4s allowcate the work which most days meant a journey of between one and one and a half hours yet the agency would only pay read to read so your choice was to do unpaid hours or take the travel time of the working day, due to the useless over complicated payslip I didn't realise for about six weeks that I was being conned.
I decided I wasn't traveling an hour and a half each side of a seven hour day,and within two days I was told I was been given a weeks notice.
The problems don't end there , the handheld unit is hopeless as you can't see the screen once the sun comes out and location details are just as bad with either "other" or a blank screen the favoured meter locations.
No uniform is provided no Ppe, you even have to buy your own meter box key, but they do provide you with a stick to post call back cards just a pity you don't get any to post.
If you want to travel 300 miles to 400 miles a week by all means do so, you may make a bit of loose change with the generous 20p a mile fuel allowance.
Pros
Cons
So many
Avoid this company!!!
Data Collector / Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  North East12 October 2015
Being a meter reader / data collector, you do not see a salary at 16k nor 17k. I start work at 08:30 and finish 8pm. I do about 120 reads plus a day and still get no more than £250 a week. If I do about 70 a day on a bad week, I get more or less the same amount. Every time I call CIP they can not breakdown the amounts on my payslip, so it is difficult to determine how much you will get as it is not clear.
They call you and tell you you have not done enough this week, which demoralises you. You spend nearly 10 hours a day working in all types of weather to get paid that much!. AT times you are forced to work on a Saturdays if you do not complete the work, however you don't get paid any extra. Took me ages to get a company car when it was promised within the first two months.
I don't enjoy the job and is a stop gap for where I want to be. I'm sure you would have more stability, higher salary, better communication if you worked for G4S directly or were permanent staff. The staff in the offices need to be more clicked on as when discussing fine details of contract they cant answer me.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
Long Hours, contract not explained
Very busy and dangerous
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Weston super mare9 September 2015
Other than cleaning i would help build the fibre glass bathrooms, help laminate them and also i would help with the fibre glass mould.