Cineworld

Cineworld Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews
I enjoy the job as a team member at CINEWARD .The colleagues were very friendly. But zero hours contract is not the best option for survive.
They say they give opportunity for carrier but quite often not and they treat people unfairly . Sometime they send you home.Sometime quite latter after 12 you must to stay to do dip cleaning but not provide transport to your home,so you have to take a mini cup and pay from your poket ,so the 1 hour extra work you pay for transport. some of the managers have favorite members team and they give them light duties . The Hollidays are every 3 weeks 1 week holiday. I cannot enjoy my time. You are not allowed to sit at all. The colleagues are very good and helpful but the management is bad Lazy. There is very cold during the winter ..Heavy manual Handel is required .Some ti,me is very stressful.
Pros
Cons
some time
Closing the cinema, and using dirty tactics to not pay your staff while it's shut was a scumbag move. All they offer is zero hour contracts and bullying. Should be ashamed of yourself so glad I left when I did.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Scumbag
They don't tell you that you are on 0 hour contract until you officially start. They change the rota at their own convience even if it's last minute and give you no warning so you can't make any plans or even have a life. The tills are incredibly complicated and you get no training on them what so ever as they thrust you on them and expect you to know right from the get go. Management hide in the back and show no interest in helping new employees. The job itself is incredibly boring too. The benefits aren't really worth it. This job is more suited to young students and will be a huge downgrade if you've already worked in retail. I didn't stay anywhere near long enough for the 3 month loyalty card which most likely would have been the sole pro/benefit of the whole experience.
Pros
Cons
0 hours, no training, management nowhere to be seen, boring
Store Manager is very unprofessional

Cinema Environment is enjoyable

customers are mostly kind and the environment as a team is fun and relaxed. ..
Found to be bullied slot I'm disabled to needed to rest from time to time and others made nausty comments.
Managers did nothing or even joined in.

Not accommodating to days off due to my condition and found they were even worse when I was pregnant to.
Pros
Free films
Cons
On feet for long periods
This is where I first developed my main skill set to aid in customer assistant. The daily routine in which I participated in was always enjoyable and each day presented a fair and interesting challenge.
Worked there for years, and left due to the management neglecting to do their job and protect their staff members. Unless you want to work in a high school environment with gossip being the epicentre of your day I suggest you stay well clear. There are a few good people who work there but sadly are overshadowed by the bad, the good who do work there have to work extra hard to carry the weight of slackers and barely get recognised for the work they put into their jobs.

Management need a long hard look at themselves and how they deal with situations rather than allowing bad things to happen and people to be left feeling helpless, overworked, or as though it's just not worth it- a lot of colleagues I worked with felt this way. The ones who didn't tended to be the ones who slacked a lot.
Pros
Some good people, free films
Cons
Bad management, immature, bad system.
it was ok just a normal job was boring and but at least the staff was fun to be around, no one really bothered me and I could play music whilst I was working
Cons
Cineworld witney was a very enjoyable job. Loved talking to customers and building relationships with the regulars which I still speak to some of them today!
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
0 hour contract
Come world is a very relaxing job and the management are great for helping out with shift swaps and stuff if you need them. There are a lot of employees who also help out.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Busy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cineworld?
Everyone loves the Cinema. Families, couples, friendship groups all go to the Cinema as a means of having a good time so working for Cineworld Cinemas was very enjoyable. You will have to clean a lot (both screens and concessions) but that aside you will have fun. The pay isn't great at all and I was on a zero contract hour which of course was not ideal. Perfect for students earning money on the side. Most workers are fairly young and because you are all constantly on your feet, there is a very good energy bouncing around between employees. With ticket prices as extortionate as they are, the free tickets you are able to purchase for any film whenever you want comes in very handy and you may find yourself with plenty more friends all of a sudden. The main downside is the often unsociable hours, often not leaving work until after 1am!
Pros
Free Cinema Tickets, Happy environment
Cons
low pay, zero hour contract, unsociable hours
I'm still currently working for cineworld and the experiences I've had whilst working here are all positive. I get on well with all members of the team from the team members up to the supervisors and managers. The management are all friendly and supportive and are always willing to take the time out to talk if needed.
Pros
2 free tickets a day for you and a friend, 40% discount on food and drink.
Cons
Zero Hour Contract.
A Typical day working at Cineworld could go one of many ways, depending on your shift assignment and shift time. Opening Shifts were the easiest, as a good portion of them were relatively quiet and easy going. Mid-Day Shifts were the most enjoyable during quiet seasons, and the busiest during the Big Movie seasons. Closing shifts were the most difficult, due to the level of tire of the staff by the time everything is being shut down, and the fluctuating finish times if everything doesn't go smoothly.

I learned a lot while I was working here, mostly how to behave in a friendly manner towards customers, and how to handle work in a large building, as this was my first long term Customer Service Job.

The Management were fairly easy to get along with, and were actually very friendly. They would sometimes help if there weren't enough of us on a particular area, and would partake in banter with employees from time to time.

My co-workers were a mixed bag. I enjoyed working with most of them, but there were a few that I could not stand. Despite this, I still acted professionally with them, and made sure we were able to get our tasks done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The hardest part of the job was definitely working during the Summer Period, or during a big movie release, such as the Hunger Games. The Cinema would be flooded with people at all times, and it could be difficult to get everyone served.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a wide range of customers. Knowing that the customers have enjoyed themselves and left with a smile on their
 - more...
Pros
Close to home, Free Movies
Cons
Could get quite difficult, Possible Erratic Finish Times
During my time at cineworld I worked as a customer adviser where my main duties included processing tickets, dealing with complaints and placing orders. I gained a lot of experience working with this company and developed my public relation skills; communicating with the general public and being a good team member. I terminated this employment as it was a temporary position.
The management does not relate to the individuals working for the company, I chose the job due to my studies. However nice workforce.
Pros
Team members
Cons
pay, management
This was a part time position to begin witth, then collaborated with RBS Insurance in the daytime and then worked at Cineworld in the evening.

We would normally start around 5ish till 11pm I would report to the offie and sign in and then they would direct me to where I needed to be, which would be either on the ticket towt collecting tickets and greeting customers or helping out the team clean an audutorium and maybe help out on snacks.

But we all worked together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Socialable Environment, work nights out, meeting the general public
Cons
Long hours at times
0hr contract
poor staffing structure

poor training

appalling staff complaints procedure
Trained in multiple areas of work no two days were you on the same task. However you knew what to expect with each task. Little notice was given for what shifts you would be working and some members of management were difficult to deal with and unflexible in working around your needs outside of work.