Cineworld

Cineworld Employee Reviews in Hemel Hempstead

Hemel Hempstead9 reviews
The people there are lovely and the job is easy enough. Some team members get away with doing less than others. The pay is dreadful, no two ways about it (i was under 21). The hours can be annoying. I think the longest shift I had was 7 or 8 hours but most of the time you have get given a lot of 6 hours shifts and sometimes you'd get as low as a 4 hour shift, which can be quite irritating. Seeing unlimited films is always a nice benefit though.
First of all, it is worth noting that a Team Member is on a zero hour contract but despite that, it is a great place to work, especially if you love films. I am still employed there but currently due to the coronavirus outbreak, they have closed until further notice, forcing me to find something new until they reopen. The team, including management, is so inviting and a pleasure to work with. Work is satisfying and rewarding, with easy ways to move up in your job role and lots of perks/discounts. Can't wait to go back!
The manager if that is what you can call her, is the worst individual I have ever worked with. She has no respect for any of her staff, so unless you like being treated like a bit of rubbish on the floor I would not recommend working here.
You also will be working on a 0hr contract and the manager has changed my shift a large number of times without even letting me know:

Honestly don’t work there under any circumstances unless your totally desperate for a job
Pros
Cons
Rude manager, 0hr contract
Avoid working in this a horrible place to work... The Starbucks store manager treats everyone like dirt because she has a degree in law... honestly this is the worst place you can work where managers don’t care about you and the fact you have a life out side of work. Don’t even attempt to become a BBM because you get no support at all from the manager who is consistently busy but yet only works 20hrs a week.
Pros
Cons
Rude, horrible manager that has no people skills
Overall good place for a young and unqualified person to gain work, if you have the right skills there are ample opportunities to rise up into management. However if you have certain qualifications I believe there are better options out there for you.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Low Pay, Strange shift patterns
I was a manager here and I worked in two different sites. First site I worked in was great, had no problems, paid well etc.

Second site I worked in was awful, was there for a month. Had 3 weeks training for management and was then told to leave by management. Supervisors disrespect you as a manager, and you are just a number in a company.
Pros
Free films
Cons
People
A typical day working here would involve serving customer with any need they had, making sure that all stock was replaced and taking tickets from customers before the entered the screens. working here I learnt to further my skills in customer service ad working in teams to get task done.
Pros
flexible hours
great place to work i met some amazing people but they need to give people longer shifts if they applied for full time, i worked there for 1 month but i would say that got enough people working for them and they should not hire that many people
Free cinema passes and restaurant discount. Great co-workers at a productive and fun workplace. Developed my interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and sales experience.