Cineworld

Cineworld Employee Reviews

United Kingdom618 reviews
Team memeber
I started in a brand new cinema December 2019.
The managers and staff are really friendly anr we have fun when we are working.

There are good progression opportunities.
Fun work place
Everyone is like a family. we always look out for each other. Mangers make changes without reasoning with employees sometimes as this makes working hard. However mangers do intend for the best for the employees and the company
fun workplace
absolutely amazing place to work. great atmosphere. feeling of being needed not a name and number. if you have a problem it gets sorted. Management who actually care about the work force. I look forward to going to work each day. the only down side is sometimes the hours drop.
Pros
positive, refreshing job.
Cons
having to come home
awful hours
awful hours terrible shift patterns sometimes only getting 12 hours in a week and I'm meant to be full time sometimes you are roistered to work until 11:30pm but you wont get out until 12:30am you can get stuck with bad shifts for the whole month and only earn £800 even though you have been in on all days listed on your rota
Managers do not care about staff
Overall it was an unpleasant experience working for this company. But the fact they just terminated our contracts when Coronavirus hit, was just unacceptable. They lie to the press saying that they gave us options and trying to help us. But they will only offer help in the form of money they can get from the government. They have no intention of risking the money which is aimed for there own pockets. A terrible company ran by terrible people.
Not Recommended
I would not advise working here due to the management having their favourite staff members.
The hours are inconsistent and more often than not you will be working with 2 other people.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Management playing favourites
I loved working here
There is not a single negative thing I could say. They provided me with confidence to pursue my goals and ambitions. There's great training opportunities and they always supported me with this. My managers and colleagues were one alike, there was no segregation. We all loved each other equally which made the average work day incredibly fun despite it being busy (potentially thousands of customers a day)

From this job I learned, AV technician roles, cash handling roles and even a few admin tasks along the way. This job taught me how to work well collaboratively during intensely busy times and now it feels simply easy.

The hardest part of the job may have been how intense the busyness was, but this is easily adaptable with good practice and a great team like I had. Another hard part may have been shift patterns, sometimes it would not be unlikely to work until 4am but managers and team members were always supportive regardless.

The most enjoyable part was the people I met. There was not a single person, manager or colleague that I wouldn't consider one of my closest friends. Everyday was a delight coming in to see people genuinely excited to see you.
Cineworld
Ex employed, Cineworld is a very bad company, with a toxic management, if you write them to complain the management team, they won’t respond you, even if in the company’s policy is written “we let you know 100%” doesn’t matter you’ll write to head office or Human Resources. I worked there for more than one year and i’ve Seen favoritism every day, and now with cov crisis they have fired all of the team member,for them doesn’t matter if you starve,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cineworld?
Great customer service experience
Good for customer service experience and good opportunities for training in supervisor and manager roles. Plenty of extra activities eg, promotions organisation, general admin involving payroll and competitions involving salesmenship
Great place to work!
First of all, it is worth noting that a Team Member is on a zero hour contract but despite that, it is a great place to work, especially if you love films. I am still employed there but currently due to the coronavirus outbreak, they have closed until further notice, forcing me to find something new until they reopen. The team, including management, is so inviting and a pleasure to work with. Work is satisfying and rewarding, with easy ways to move up in your job role and lots of perks/discounts. Can't wait to go back!
productive and fun work place
Great and Friendly environment to work in. On site management are amazing however complications arose with higher management when cinemas shut down due to the current Pandemic
Constantly changing environment
Fast paced working environment where you will be a multi-departmental member of staff that needs to manage core individual and team-based work scenarios that require the upselling of initiatives and products; cleanliness of the building, food hygiene and bar serving responsibilities, with ample opportunities for hard workers to be provided with upwards mobility within the company.
Fast paced, interesting environment to work in.
Flexible job, good for part time work. 0 hour contract so full time work is harder to manage but if you show an interest in progressing there are ways to do so.
Pros
appropriate break lengths and shift times.
Cons
long days
Disgraceful
Closing the cinema, and using dirty tactics to not pay your staff while it's shut was a scumbag move. All they offer is zero hour contracts and bullying. Should be ashamed of yourself so glad I left when I did.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Scumbag
Don’t bother if you’re under 21.
They have little care for your courses outside of work yet they advertise to students. Managers have favourites (who they know personally) and aren’t shy to show it. The stress they put you under is not worth the £6.70 you get per hour. They make claims about caring for your mental health, they do not. however the friends you make there with your fellow team members and some of the supervisor staff can be worth it, because they’re lovely people for the most part, but that’s your call.
Overall a good job
It was a job i has whilst studying and they were very flexible with me. The perks are great if you are a film fan. The work is straightforward and the progression is there if you desired.
fine
quiet weekdays, busy weekends. gives you something to do if you dont know what to do in life. good workplace. annoying on dropbox but fun on cons. customers are the worst part most of the time.
Cleaning
Overall the job okay apart fro you have nothing to do with film more to do with cleaning also management like to know that your a team member and nothing more and there A lot of favourites to some people in the cinema
Very decent job...
One of the best places I’ve worked at seeing as I now work in retail. Staff are much much friendlier than your usual coworkers anywhere else and as long as you’re friendly and welcoming, you should have some pretty fun people to work with! One of the downsides is the drama you get (which is expected seeing as a lot of staff at Cineworld are so close) but just don't talk bad about anyone, mind your business, do your job and smile and you should be good!

Shifts were a bit iffy, during the summer when new films would come out you’d be able to get a good 20-30 hours in (which is decent considering its a 0 hour contract) but when films that weren't as popular or overhyped released you would be looking at two shifts, or maybe even one at most times (so 7-14 hours a week) at max. Good thing is, you can swap a day off with somebody else shift and vice versa- found this very useful myself and allowed me to get my hours in.

Another thing about shifts is that you may be expected to work until very, very late sometimes. A usual closing shift would be 5pm- 12am, 5pm- 1pm if any films started at 11pm. Management might put you on a lot of closing shifts back to back in a week sometimes, but just let them know you'd like a mix and they should be able to sort it for you. Or, again, swap with a coworker who's willing to take your shift.

Shift patterns are usually Opens (8:30/9am-5pm) Mids (12pm-8pm) or Closes (5pm-12pm/1pm. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get put on for 5pm-11pm)

Uniform is nice and casual, any dark bottoms or jeans alongside the Cineworld polo shirt they provide
 - more...
Poor. Would not recommend.
Poorly run. Bad equipment. Only give rotas one week in advance making it difficult to make any plans. Minimal respect for staff, and team leaders and management can have power complexes.
Fun&Friendly workplace, nice managers
Title says it all. It falls short in pay and career progression.
Good for a first / temporary part time job.

Typical day consisted of cleaning. If it ever got busy the team is always willing to support you.