Was fired for mental health reasons after I was overworked during the Christmas time. If anyone reading this is thinking about working for Cineworld, DON’T! It’s a horrendous company that expects loyalty from you but won’t give an ounce of it in return. They’ll use you until they are done with you and throw you out as fast as they can.
Absolutely disgusting... Called a lair for calling in sick, 2 informals in 10 minutes for not wearing a badge, having a car accident then asking to come in a bit later (first car accident wasn’t serious) says it’s unacceptable to ask that, saying people have seen me slacking (I disagree), and now making supervisors watch over me. I’m fuming and desperate to leave.
Awful general manager who thinks it’s okay to bully her staff and call them liars for being ill. No progression at the chesterfield site because the general manager will only give opportunities to her favourites and block anyone else from working up.
Not happy at all i just to work for them but they didnt pay right and after the manager and supervisor dont want comunication didnt pick up phone just ignore! And there is hard work they want peopllle to work hard but dont dont pay! Never work for company like this peoplle dont go there...
Worst work ever i was worked there and they took from me 150 puond for nothing,, is hard job there people make big mess,, and manager is no good to workers
Company wide restructure, redundancys were made
I am still with the company but due to a restructure, I can't see any more opportunity to develop and learn new things - something my job has always offered. My experience with the company has been mostly pleasant but after 6 years and being unsure of where I can go next, I have decided it is time to look for new opportunities.
Overworked and underpaid.
I left due to the job being a zero hour contract. Some weeks would be really good for hours but others not so good.
It was time to move on.
- What is the Cineworld Group Plc employee discount?13 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Cineworld?11 people answered
- How are the working hours at Cineworld?10 people answered
- What would you suggest Cineworld management do to prevent others from leaving?8 people answered
- Does Cineworld require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check does Cineworl…8 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Cineworld?7 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Cineworld Group Plc? What are the steps along the way?6 people answered
- What hours will i be working5 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Cineworld?5 people answered
- What are some tips for doing well in the interview?5 people answered