Churchill Service Solutions Employee Reviews

Shocking absolutely shocking
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South West20 May 2019
The most inept and incompetent load of fools I’ve ever worked for , could not run a bath. All staff treated like dung - unless your a brown nosed puppet who lives to work 16 hours a day and take phone calls any time of the night and weekends ! The money is a joke the perks are laughable, in fact you honestly need to work for this shower just to see how bad it is , but don’t ! No compassion no morals no respect no hope !
Pros
Really !
Cons
Er everything
Bad bad company
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham15 May 2019
Worst company I’ve ever worked for tuped over to this company I was bullied my management told
Lie after lie had other staff members leave due to being spoken to like children eventually I couldn’t take no more and had to leave due to management and what she was doing tried to put me up for disciplinary because I complained about the inwork bullying they tried to turn it on me. Avoid at all cost
Pros
Cons
Bullying management
Rubbish Company
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 May 2019
What a poo company, can’t get your wages right, nor my co workers wages. The managers are inept, don’t know who you are and don’t care.
Transferred to Churchill under TUPE rules and previous employer sent all the personal information needed securely to Churchill. Now Churchill keep asking for our marriage certificates, N I numbers or we won’t get paid, but we are getting paid, not always correctly. What are you doing with our data? You have a legal obligation to look after our data so what are you doing with it?
Your online wage system is a joke, not everyone can get online for some reason. You have received our NI numbers but keep asking for them, but they are displayed on our on line page so why are you still asking for them? You obviously have them on your systems so why do you keep asking for them?????
Here we have a company who give new starters a photocopy of a Health & Safety Questionnaire which you had to answer multi choice questions, then sign the declaration at the bottom that you had read the handbook and listened to an audio CD. No handbook and no CD so no signature, I will not sign an official piece of paper certifying I had read the hand book when it wasn’t supplied to any of the staff, once signed it becomes an official document whereby in any future disciplinary action they will produce this paper and say “ you read the book, you know the rules, you signed the paper, you’re dismissed”. What type of company treats Health & Safety like this? Churchill are a joke
worst place to work
replenishment (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 May 2019
lack of training,lack of supervision,poor wage for hours expected,you have no life working such long hours,lack of security considering you are replenishing the equipment being used on ambulances,steer well away
Pros
Cons
appauling company to work for
Would not choose to work there again
HR Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harpenden, Hertfordshire3 May 2019
having worked for HR department for many years, this was the worse job experience I had. This was very much due to management.
People I worked for were amazing.
Management called anyone below their level 'weeds' . There was no job culture, there was no-one who came to work happy. Staff retention was terrible.
Work to complete itself was enjoyable and pay was good. but I would avoid it just purely because of the management.
Pros
Money. Interesting job
Cons
Management. No breakout room. No Advancement. Zero culture.
Official response from Churchill Service Solutions
10 May 2019

Thank you for your review. Great to hear positive feedback with regards to our people being amazing along with enjoyable work and good pay!

In addition, I’d also like to add that working within the HR team myself, I am happy with my role and the people I work with. I have great job satisfaction and lots of opportunity for progression.

We are confused by your other comments given, as we only have one role with this title, and the job holder has been in post for15 months?

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the same experience as most – it would be great to receive more details from you so we can look into this further.

Please get in touch through humanresources@churchillservices.com

Stay well away.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire30 April 2019
Never worked for such an awful company in all my life. Absolutely shocking the way they treat there staff. Since merging with vertas every month I've had to chase after my wages, they dont want to pay holiday pay either. No career paths just stuck in a dead end job. No uniform provided or safety shoes and the management haven't got a clue how to run a place and keep their staff happy.
Dont work for churchill's.
nice
senior manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk26 April 2019
as a contractor they are good but with being a contractor it is not very nice as you never know who will win the new contract and it makes you unsettled
Cons
I made the wrong choice - scandalous awful company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South13 April 2019
This company is awful.

The communication is non existent

Some people are protected and can do no wrong others are regularly in the firing line for the slightest mistake or missed deadline which there are many, too many

People aren't paid correctly

If you want to be bullied berated and belittled then join Churchill.

Someone needs to take a long hard look at conduct or be aware of what is going on within the business.
Pros
Cons
Company management
I love going to work everyday
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  East Anglia11 April 2019
I have been at Churchill for 4 years and honestly enjoy coming to work everyday. I work with a great team who are supportive and passionate. Its a fast paced and not for everyone but I have seen a number of people progress to higher positions.
Pros
unlike others I have worked for, they always give you the correct tools to perform
Cons
Some of the negative comments are the result of individuals not doing as they should, this doesn't mean that the company is poor
Excellent company to work for
Caretaker/ cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cornwall8 April 2019
Current employee with job satisfaction
Best company ive had pleasure of working for and good managers who are always approachable and very supportive.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Nil
Not been paid
Make Ready Operative (Former Employee) –  Sussex7 April 2019
I recently started work as a MRO in Sussex with several other people.
We should have been paid 9 days ago.
We haven't been paid.
We are not allowed to contact payroll directly. Ridiculous.
We have to go through the management.
Every day we have been told that our pay will be in our bank account.
It hasn't turned up.
I've checked with my bank.
It hasn't even been sent.
Churchill are in breach of contract.
Pack of lies.
Avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
Don't get paid. Poor communication.
Official response from Churchill Service Solutions
8 April 2019

Thank you for your review.
I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience.
We would like to look into this further so please contact HumanResources@churchillservices.com

Please note all pay queries are dealt with by HR and not directly with payroll. We look forward to resolving your issue.

what can i say about churchill... alot...
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Hampshire4 April 2019
Absolutely terrible company to work for, they are all a bunch of muppets, they make rules up as they go along, you never get paid the right amount and when asking about pay you are ignored.
Useless when ordering stock, for instants... Using the same mop all week this was also used in public areas they even, tell lies to bosses they have contacts with.i know someone who waited 3 months for their first pay,. Disgusting.....
You are guaranteed to be mugged off in some way by these bunch of muppets so please try and avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
liars, useless, bunch of muppets
AVOID! Terrible, awful shambles company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South West3 April 2019
Terrible company to work for.

If you are popular and flavour of the month expect all of the attention and praise but if your not expect every single mistake or bad thing that happens to be blamed on you and highlighted to the world to see.

Horrible bullying working environment.
Pros
nothing
Poor management
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Nottingham2 April 2019
Been working for about a year now and its been the worst year of my life. My old management never sent supplies and the new management constantly lies and refuse to send supplies. We are using cloths that are dirty and never washed. It takes a hour and a half to get to and from work. We used to be 2 cleaners and 1 supervisor but cause they like kissing up to our client they disregarded our complaints just to keep the contract. However this came and bite them in because our old management left and their boss was fired due to not filing a complaint for bullying of staff.
Pros
Is none
Cons
Terrible management, pay, constant lies
Great company to work for!
Churchill (Current Employee) –  East Anglia31 March 2019
I’ve been at Churchill for 4 years and progressed from a supervisor to an account manager with great training and support. I feel valued by higher management and the chance of progression is there if you are willing to put the work in! Churchill are open to listening to new ideas and trying new innovative products. I have worked for a few of the bigger FM companies and can honestly say Churchill are by far the best and upcoming!!
Pros
Great training and career development and progression
Cons
Happy in my workplace feel insecure in job
Fleet support driver (Current Employee) –  London31 March 2019
Fantastic location to work in everyone bar the odd few fabulous to work with great spirit.
Always help each other work hand in hand with interserve staff all great people.
Very little contact from Management team.
VRC control all first rate decent people.
Minimum wage.
Would like London living wage.
Pros
Fantastic people i work with crews very helpful
Cons
Minimum wage, No Management interaction
Awful work environment. Would not recommend
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Dover, Kent31 March 2019
If you enjoy constantly having a manager breathing down your neck and bringing you in the office for very minor things then Churchill might be the place for you.

Never praised for anything.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Everything.
Bad bad bad
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire29 March 2019
This worst company which ever exist just avoid who looking here job. About management even managers no comments. Believe in my opinion just avoid this company.
Read reviews before applying for a job with this company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lancashire27 March 2019
If you value yourself this company is definitely not for you. Management if you can call them that aren't interested in their employees just the contract.
Clients are allowed to do what they want and Churchill let them to the point that you either walk or get sacked and if you've been there less than 2 yrs there's not a lot you can do. I wouldn't give them 1*
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Want blood from a stone. Bad managment.
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex26 March 2019
Underpaid, usually required to do more than the spec sheet which tends to mean you work overtime with no extra pay on almost everyday. Not enough hours to do jobs, if you want more hours its quite hard to gain more. Management is childish. You can never get a hold of the manager(s) when you need them however they are quick to respond when they have an issue. Managers are highly known to gossip and stir trouble. The company try to scare staff to overwork unnecessary tasks. If pay is wrong it takes weeks to months to fix if at all. First few months are quite smooth but after the cracks of this company start to show.
Pros
Key jobs
Cons
Underpaid, no overtime payment, managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Churchill Service Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6