Churchill Retirement Living Employee Reviews

Worst place i,ve been employed within new homes
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire2 October 2018
Was employed as a sales executive, (thankfully for a short period) I'm a experianced
Sales Executive, on the outside they portray themselves as a innovative forward thinking fun company who strive to be one if the best companies to be listed in the FT top 10 companies to work for. The reality is that they are the worst ,they pride themselves on reputation and brand however they have a complete dis regard for all their stated principles.
The management have a blame culture and by a sales staff are clicky and spend most of their time bad mouthing management and employees they dislike...

Steer clear ,only suits sales executives and management that can't handle main stream developers.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad management
Awful company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  West Midlands26 July 2018
The management was poor, poor communication,
There was a culture blame and fear, lots of people leaving all the time.
Learnt COINS
Job wasn't hard or enjoyable.
Just what l needed
Slinger/Banksman (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex12 April 2018
Been working as a slinger for a short time but l can say that first time the manager and assistant manager listens to my offered options towards job-it makes my job and ithers jobs easier.as a slinger l het lots of pressure but thats part of my job...would defo recommend..
Pros
Close to home, good management, good rate of pay
Cons
Would love to work directly for churchill ratjer than agency
Non supportive management structure.
Senior Site Manager (Former Employee) –  South West19 May 2017
Sadly the company runs a very strong blame culture and is top heavy with self important non effective white collar management. Stress levels are extremely high.
Awful
Site Operative (Current Employee) –  Everywhere6 February 2017
Absolute joke of a firm to work for,worse firm ive ever worked for,actively encourage their employees to undertake dangerous work practices and when refused threatened with the sack.
Very unprofessional outfit with no regards for safety on site.
Management have no idea what they are doing and are very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Let down by poor managers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire1 November 2016
Had a short time working as a sales consultant showing buyers around the properties and networking/events.

The actual company is great but it is competitive and you have to fight your corner. The management i dealt with were diabolical at times. You never know if your going to get moved around, and you get stuck between layers of management all saying different things. If employed part time be prepared to work completely different to your contract.

The other sales consultants were amazing and pleasure to work with but (might be a one off) my manager was difficult and often never got answers or emails back.
Pros
Good company strong ethics
Cons
Mangement extremely poor and dis-organised
Productive and busy work place
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire27 June 2016
Answering calls from the public, enquiring about Churchill's retirement properties. Where I would send out available information regarding each property and any other information needed. I would also speak to other Sales Consultants and Lodge Managers from any one of our properties round the UK, to discuss any details about the apartments and available dates for clients to visit. I would then normally deal with any mail shots that would need to go out for a Marketing event or show and I would type up letters or any other office work where needed.
I enjoyed working for Churchills
Director (Former Employee) –  Ringwood7 July 2015
Very friendly team that work well together. Committed people that are prepared to put the effort in, will have a good career. When established there is the opportunity to attend training/development courses.
Pros
excellent working conditions
In the office
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ENG15 June 2015
Daily in the office, i had to deal with some irate prospects family, some good, some bad, the bad was a challenge, as i am able to take anyone shouting at me, if build is held up for some reason, as i have a calming nature, i had to train a new lady at the start of the year, together with taking 23 Reservations in 2 days another challenge, lots to keep on top of, that was the hardest part, the enjoyable part is the thrill when i got yet more Reservations, from word of mouth, their friends told their friends and so on.
Pros
Free pizza last Friday of the Month for site Managers & sales.
Cons
I don't mins the long hours, it goes with the job.