Chubb Employee Reviews

Slave Drivers
Underwriter Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 February 2019
terrible place now.

not enough actual underwriters (thats the people who actually get the business in and look after the existing books)

Too many mid and upper level flag waving (wonder what you do all day) positions while the grunts do all the work and take none of the glory or the none of bonuses that elude lower ranking staff.

Its all excessive workload "by stealth" and management still expect you to be on your game sticking to agreed SLAs. There is pressure "at busy times" then there is pressure non-stop every hour of every day to the point where its become grossly excessive and draining.
No controls in place over the volume of work per underwriter so the phones will ring all day and the emails just keep piling up, systems constantly drop out leaving you even further behind.

You are human not a robot and if you value your mental health look elsewhere for a job and ignore those flowery ads you see with sickly piano music playing in the background as they wheel out pre-prepared members of the team to waffle on about how great chubb is to work for. Believe it if you want to.

Just avoid IMHO.
Pros
day of leaving
Cons
everything
Productive and interesting
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton21 March 2018
Proactive place to work where your ideas were listened to and a culture where you were always encouraged to progress by attending different courses etc .
Pros
After work socialising
Not a nice place
Aviation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2018
I took voluntary redundancy as I was desperate to leave after nearly 10 years of working there.
My first five years I enjoyed working at the company but in recent years, the management has greatly altered and the place has a horrible feel about it since the recent merger from ACE - Chubb.
Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Great Eastern Street, East Anglia House, London12 February 2018
I also enjoyed working at Chubb as it was fun, educating and provided many opportunities. For example, they provided a comfortable working environment.
Pros
They provide great training. The management also treat us very well.
Cons
one a week at head office was a requirement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton9 February 2018
pre planning the month ahead, telesales , gaining commitment from the customer for time to present chubb products, ongoing fire training great work culture selling full range of chubb products.
Cons
company car, lap top.
dead end place
cctv agent (Former Employee) –  nottingham21 July 2017
wouldnt recommend anyone, place has a huge staff turn around. No one really knows the proper protocol for anything, everyone reads from different books. management are terrible! never sort anything out. pay is beyond a joke, some people have been waiting 8months for money and just get fobbed off. nearly no staff left. place is going down, stay away!
Pros
get away with vertually anything
Cons
every man for them selfs!
Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 July 2017
Security guard - was a rewarding role, good company to work for - good training and career prospects. Shifts were ok, management was good, I did site patrols.
It was so long ago
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester28 December 2016
This was a stepping stone for me to help get me into the police. You are free to work your own shifts with not much management.
You can work on your own a lot
Independent and proffesional
Product Specialist/ Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  South East REGION8 July 2016
typical day is out on the field selling product, learned a lot of skills including resilience, impeccable time management and account organisation.
Rewarding
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire3 January 2016
No day is typical, as I can be working at any number of different contracts. This has enabled me to fit in to a variety of different situations. Management styles vary with the differing contracts. Again as I can be working on several sites it can make if difficult to get to know my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having a fixed rota which does not help with a work/life balance - but new challenges every day can make it enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The best at what they do
Security Sales BDM (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire21 October 2015
I had a fantastic time working for Chubb and would likely still be there today had outside factors not brought things to a close.
Pros
Fantastic training, good Managers and good reputation.
Cons
Long hours, old cars and complicated earning structure.
First class
joiner (Former Employee) –  Bedford, ENG13 July 2015
Very well managed , employees are valued and catered for in a variety of ways. Very friendly atmosphere , very interesting place ,many trades under one roof.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
Cannot think of any serious ones
Good while it lasted
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midlands31 January 2015
As the area supervisor for the response team my immediate 2 levels of management were nothing short of exemplary. My team were the best I have EVER worked with and we were cost effective.

As we then all sacrificed for the sake of a decent profit line to cover other departments failings, all I can conclude is that the current management have chosen to ignore the ethical side of a work life balance.

Such a shame.....................
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2014
Dealing with various types of customers daily, ensuring they receive the best service possible and any issues are dealt with immediately.
Great Company and People to work with
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ENG9 January 2014
ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Practical work, fun and friendly enviroment
security installation engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 January 2014
Working for Chubb was a great experience, A normal day would consist of getting to a site, Making a safe and doable plan, Starting/Finishing any existing or new work. During my placement at this job i learned a lot about the Equipment and how it all worked, I also learned about H&S regulations at the workplace.
The job became difficult if we weren't provided with the correct equipment, or there was a fault with any of the kit we were supplied with. The best part of this job was finishing with a fully functional system and a happy customer.
it was a nice place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG20 October 2013
wish i could go back and work for either one but life goes on next job i get i wish it lasts more than a few years
Amazing Company
Assistant Vice President - HR Manager (Current Employee) –  New Jersey and New York City19 October 2013
Great company wonderful experience with great people and talent.
Pros
All of the above
Cons
n/a
A Unique Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ENG1 October 2013
Generally, a day consists of 12 hours of either patrolling or working on a VCP checkpoint. It is in some ways quite similar to and relevant to Operational sentry duties and Guard Duties whilst serving in the FYR Bosnia and Northern Ireland.

I have learned a great deal of how the top class of society work, and how we fit in in securing them in there daily lives at the workplace.

The managment structure is similar to the Army in a rank based environment. And co workers are based on again, a rank based structure.

Hardest part is sometimes, a potentially disruptive individual/s. Ie- sometimes, on a night shift dealing with individuals drunk and or abusive!

When able to assist anyone in need of help, or sometimes injured.
Pros
Good pay, Bonus, Bupa
Cons
Long unorthadox hours.
very good work place
security officer (Former Employee) –  various27 March 2013
very professional staff and managers
good working enviroment
my ex co workers were very accomodating and professional
thinkimg on your feet in times of emergency
liason with the customer
Pros
28 days holday pay per year
Cons
long hours, site locations