Chubb Fire & Security Employee Reviews

fun environment, not stressful, friendly staff
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 March 2019
fun and easy job, staff very helpful and cheerful, very strict with timings and strict with rules however there is always help if needed. managers and those of higher working rank will always be there to assist and give multiple different benefits when working
Pros
pay
Cons
hours can drag and very boring at times
Great company to work for
Service Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh / Glasgow28 February 2019
each day with Chubb serves a new challenge as each day is different in so many ways

you can be left to do your job in so may ways with your manager in the background for support

targets are set at the beginning of each month with a minimum of daily call to be carried out

paperwork and diary impute can be daunting but with a little time and help can be overcome

management staff are very highly trained individuals and always there to help
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
days may be long to get the work done
Chubb are making me redundant
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester1810 February 2019
I have worked over 15 yrs and am now being made redundant because they are moving my job from Middleton to Blackburn. Although I have always enjoyed my job I have been left behind with my salary. They have brought new employees into the business on greater salary and not look after loyal employees.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Closing premises in Middleton & jobs are relocating to Blackburn.
Unhealthy work place
Area Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 January 2019
Shocking treatment of staff and disgracefull office environment. Only people to survive in the company are the stalwarts of the old days. The business cries out for change and new people but the senior managment ensure it stays "there" way.
Pros
OK Salary
Cons
unhealthy workplace and expectation you are available 24hrs
Good Place to work
Regional Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester26 January 2019
Contact for further information and a full review will be given.

Chubb is a good place to work, the work is steady and the people make the job a fantastic place to work.
Nasty place
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire29 November 2018
Was in payroll for bout 4 weeks before I walked. Staff always seemed to have to work late/ weekends due to poor internet connection. Offices run down. Very clickey environment, no private conversations could be had. Poor organisation . Real circular door policy. Worst place I ever worked. Had to complete hours of work on American ethics.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Statement whole of Security Industry (Chubb Security Personnel) 04/08 not just this review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 November 2018
Company corporations provide physical security on to site should be paying at least the living wage that always discussed in government and parliament
The national minimum wage should be abolished
An average security officer should be getting at least 20K per annum as standard but most of these companies I just paying you peanuts the lot of experience men and women out there that do the job well and quality is better than quantity still paid low wage. All security company and the industry itself need to recognise that if you want good reliable honest trustworthy people then security corporations need to start listening to their staff and paying them way above the national living wage than just the government's recommendations of the minimum wage cos if company is paid more companies wood retain a higher level in staff staying with their company to which Staff are being paid lower rates and then someone's paying a higher rate then staff just going to move to whose is paying the highest rate and training is a factor and experience he's also Factor but even with experience or or training that you've had within the industry doesn't seem to increase the individuals wage or annual salary to which the security industry now needs to change a lot and this is my opinion not just on one company but all of them in the whole of the UK and Ireland... so companies need to take note of what their staff is saying and not just the client themselves because there's a lot of companies out there they're not paying the high rate and the sun they don't pay holiday pay or double time to which they
  more... should for working bank holidays to which they don't so there needs to be some sort of legislation where and individual security officer must be on at least 20K per annum as an average¬†
****
anonymous security worker that has lots of accreditations and qualifications within the industry and this is how I feel that the industry needs to change and I think a lot of people would agree with me if this or this leave comments to what you think.

Pros
None.
depressing place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester14 November 2018
I really didn't enjoy my time here. management where not up to the job and the whole vibe in the offices was very depressing. company needs to move forward with the times.
Pros
Cons
depressing
Worst company to work for.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Managers are clueless bullies. They lie about you to save their own neck. The atmosphere is toxic. Salaries are breadline. Place is full of mutants. Avoid at all costs.
Bullies
SECURITY SERVICE OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 July 2018
Senior managers at the Nottingham branch are bullies and non carining individuals. Only concerned about money. Wouldn't recommend working here for your own health. Some good people who do their best but they have their favourite people who are protected.
Chubb is a plodding dinasour stuck in time.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Nice place to work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
Nice pleasant place to work but with limited progression opportunities!
Friendly atmosphere and people.
Opportunities to take inhoise training skills to enhance your skill set
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 October 2017
Demise of a once solid brand name due to management to busy servicing themselves than the customer.

Chubb say they pride themselves on their ethics which only applied when management decided.

The customer always came last against spread sheets, charts, league tables....whatever else you can think of.

Bullied by management and all complaints swept away under the carpet, led to my resignation.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Long hours, bullying, unreasonable targets
Customer Service Team Leader (Shift) (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 October 2017
My day to day work life will consist of me supporting management as well as my team, pulling reports reviewing service levels and putting a plan together for how we can do better. I will also complete weekly call quality monitoring and also have call feedback with advisors so they can deliver a high standard of customer service. At the end of every month I also complete a 121 session with my advisors to go through how the month has been and also what development areas they would like to work on going forward.
Pros
great team to work in
Cons
long travel time
Chubb Review
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reading9 January 2017
Constantly answering the phone to customers, shared inbox, admin, filing, terminating contracts, gaining contracts, price amendments, archiving, credit notes etc.

Lovely manager though.

Hardest part was because the phones were constantly going we couldn't get any of the general admin tasks finished which caused backlogs.
Pros
If you won customer disputes for the month you would get a free half day
Cons
Too far out or Reading as I don't drive
Branch Administrator
(present) - Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reading23 October 2016
It was a nice place to work for but the role wasn't for me it was more customer focused. And I like general administration. So this role was not me at all.
Pros
Free half day if you did the most disputes and I did one and won
Cons
Not long enough lunch break only 30 mins
Fantastic people - Mind numbingly boring at times
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leicester19 June 2016
Chubb is genuinely great to work for. The offices are new, and anything you need is usually ordered without arguing. The pay is fantastic for a call centre.

The only down side that I can see is the work is that easy that its far too easy to become complacent and bored. There also isn't much progression as most of the work is based in Blackburn, with only the CSC department in Leicester.
workplace
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  leicester12 April 2016
A great company to work for, with a very good work/life balance. staff and management are very friendly and always willing to help
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
no progression
Long Hours
Payroll Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackburn6 April 2016
I started with the company in August and spent my first 3 months bringing the most recent payroll taken on back to Blackburn Otis Ltd. Since then the head of the department left and also two members of the team which lead to myself been the only one knowing how to process this payroll which consists of 9 in total paid over a weekly and monthly basis. This has lead to me having no work and life balance which is why I wish to leave the company as I am now find this difficult to continue.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Long hours and weekend working
The job is not tied to one location. Each day is different. Metting different people and encountering different situations
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Lincoln13 March 2016
Attending pre booked appointments to survey and quote/sell companies products and services. each call is different therefore you learn new techniques every time. Management accompany you in the field periodically, or when required. Regular reviews and sales meeting are held. co workers. Office support excellent. Hardest part of the job, gaining the interest/need from the right person.
Most enjoyable part, working with colleagues and gaining the sale !
Pros
fuel expenses, flexibility
Cons
Administration
Great people
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London23 February 2016
Great staff and lots of locations Utc the owner of Chubb some times make the job harder Utc dont the know words less is better as every procedure is very arduous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb Fire & Security. Our community is ready to answer.