Play YouTube video button
Christies Care

Christies Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
Christie's care are a good company to work for but you are really just another number and easily replaced. Unfortunately there's not a lot to progress to within the company.
They do not care about anything. Rude, not intelligent people.
Many promises, zero actions. No contact with management.

Salary is poor, work is not supported by the team.
It is a credible agency. They pay regularly and cooperation is good.
I worked for this company for almost 6 years. They take advantage of their carers.. it is all about money for them. They really do not care about the carers!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything.. pay.. hours to work.. lying about the clients
Good agency to work for. Thorough induction training as well as yearly update training. Good support from team. Client fees could be higher and it takes a while to build up regular clients.
Pros
Good training and ongoing support
Cons
Client fees could be better, especially for the more ‘difficult’ clients.
Assisting with my clients needs on a day to day basis. Making a difference in their lives.
Caring for them to the best of my ability.

By cooking healthy meals and keeping them comfortable and interacting.
could not be happier with christies care and the family of carers.
if i would choose to do it all over again I would

training was great and the help I received getting my care certificate was very good and helpful
Having previously worked in the office the management don't listen, spend more time trying to find ways to get at other Hods and have absolutely no level of care for staff or clients all about the money!
Wonderful clients but horrendous company. All back stabbing, rude, ungrateful and only worried about budgets and increasing fees for the elderly and those who b need fhem
Very good company to work for. The training team are fantastic. It is long periods away from home but very rewarding. If you've not done care before I would recommend seriously considering if this is the way you want to learn as it can be very challenging.
Agency is more concerned about their clients than there employees - e.g. they will look after their clients before their employees.
Not much other to be said.
Pros
The money, free accomodation & food
Cons
The mental torture and lack of support
This has the potential for being a great place to work, but the lack of management decisions and the 'stab in the back' culture make this a very difficult place to work. workers are more concerned on getting one up on their colleagues than doing their own job
Pros
large carpark
Cons
bullying culture
The job role it's self was a tally brilliant very fare rates of pay for the work your doing, brilliant mangers who assist you all the way if I could go back I would!
Can pick and choose what you work weeks wise and when you take a break
Pros
Good staff
The initial training might be good, but anything past a superficial level of support is an absolute mess. Staff treat carers like idiot children who can’t think for themselves and aren’t allowed to have opinions that might clash with theirs. Management is a shambles that can only communicate through lies and desperate cover ups.
Pros
Initial training
Cons
Literally, everything, else.
Good company to work for, lots of rewards and great people to work with. You get to meet many good people. work it self is not too bad, could be mentally draining but the achievements override this.
Pros
bonus
Cons
mentally draining
Management structure - very dated
Typical work day - unstructured

Learning CPD - average

Difficult to deal with some managers, their way or no way.

No support from managers.
Pros
Large well established company
Cons
No support to do the right thing
I enjoyed traveling to different places and meeting new pleople. I had a lot of support from Christies when I needed them on my placements. I learned a lot and gained more experience at work.
I worked in rhe office so dont know about carers.

On the good side Christies Care pays well, they offer training courses and if you fit the profile you can do well. They like young "yes" people who will do as thier told

If you have an opinion of your own they don't want to listen. If you don't accept all the ideas they treat you like your stupid. But its all very clever and people are nice to your face then complain about you to management to get you in trouble and make them look better.

If you keep your head down and don't let the bullies pick on you then you'll do ok
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Office bullying
I am working for this company for five years now. Always extremely happy with them. Absolutely amazing level of support, I never complain about not enough clients, amazing training, excellent stuff, good earnings, good reword scheme, absolutely outstanding support teams. I did never felt left alone with any concerns or worries. I would recommend to everybody.
Pros
Training, support, flexibility, earnings
Cons
No cons
I absolutely love this company felt totally supported while at work and even when I was off sick but I have decided not to return nothing to do with the company i just want a change ! Love you Christies Care
Pros
Fantastic team
Cons
no negatives about this company
As a new carer I was very impressed with the quality of the 2 week training course. It was extremely thorough though of course nothing can completely prepare you for the realities of the work and the variety of different clients you may work for. I found my support team to be excellent. Kind, understanding and genuinely supportive during tough times. I have left due to personal circumstances but would recommend Christies to anyone wanting to do live in care work.
Pros
Excellent training and worthwhile work to do
Cons
A socially isolating job
very supportive but it is long hours and you live with the client which doesn't give you much freedom the company is always there to listen to any complaints
Pros
open work schedule