Christ's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2Job Security & Advancement
Excellent Place to work
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham1 November 2017
I Enjoyed working here the most. Due to a break up with my husband and I had to make a decision with my life and decided to move back to my home town in Blackburn.
productive and fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex31 July 2017
I meet lots friends with is hard and funny to work with.Every day I had to do with customers with given me more confidence and proof myself i can do better.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late hours
Teaching / pastoral roles
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex24 May 2017
A teaching day would involve lessons in the morning and activities in the afternoon. On a duty day, I would be signing pupils in at breakfast, lunch and tea, plus homework and bedtime supervision until 10.30pm. Christ's Hospital is a boarding school.
I was Head of Russian for several years until the school closed the Russian dept for economic reasons.
The best element of the job was getting to know the pupils both in and beyond the classroom, also through tutorial sessions.
It was also a demanding routine in term-time, with the job not usually limited to fixed hours.
I learned a huge amount, both as a languages teacher and as far as inter-personal skills are concerned.
Pros
Amazing community feel among pupils and a supportive staff body.
Cons
Demanding routine in term-time, late boarding duties at least once a week plus Sundays as per rotas.
Best Job I ever had.
(UK) Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Christ's Hospital, West Sussex England24 November 2013
This was the dream job for any retired military person, the hours were great, the benefit's were outstanding, the pay was fair.

It was the toughest decision I ever made in my life to give up this great job after only 4 short years to emigrate to the USA.

Had the opportunity not arisen to go to the states, I would still be doing this job.

The difference between this job and my current job is there was much less stress involved and I had all the time to see my son grow up and do all the family things.
Pros
Everything was perfect.
Cons
No cons with this job.