CHR Employee Reviews

HR was the problem
Family Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT13 June 2018
As an agency CHR wasn't actually half bad. My direct supervisor was cool. The area director above them was alright. My biggest complaint about CHR in Windsor CT was the leadership in HR who I felt wasn't very good at their jobs. The HR leadership seemed kind of snobby and detached from their workforce. I don't feel like they genuinely cared about the employees or anything else beside their own reputations. Another thing which bothered me about HR leadership was that they never returned phone calls or emails and basically left you out on your own with no assistance or answers to your questions when you needed them. Maybe if it wasn't for the HR leadership at CHR in Windsor CT my score would be much higher. But HR was really bad and I only feel like CHR is a slightly below average employer because of that
Pros
all the families and youth who I worked with as well as my direct team mates
Cons
HR department was never around to help or assist and wasn't very warm or engaging
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Motociclista repartidor, mecánico y encargado (Former Employee) –  Ecatepec, Méx.19 March 2018
Un trabajo donde los jefes son buenos con los empleados, me gusto el horario y y aparte de tu dia de descanso, te dan otro si es necesario o urgente
Pros
Dias de descanso
Cons
Horas extra
Most stressful workplace I have ever worked for
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CT20 February 2018
Direct supervisor lacked support to front desk staff, overlooked, overworked and understaff were daily challenges of the work day. Supervisor barely checked in with staff for support however encouraged to gossip about other coworkers during 1on1 supervision’s.
Pros
Cons
unethical supervisor
Horrible Management!!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CT16 December 2017
I've been with CHR for 7 years now, but this past year has been the worst experience of my life. My current boss has made it difficult to work with other peers. She's always micromanaging, she doesn't know the actual work, and she is very problematic and intimidating person. Like they say " we quit our bosses, not our job".
Pros
Paid time leave
Cons
short breaks, horrible upper management, and lack of team work.
une activité très gratifiante
Agent commercial indépendant en immobilier (Current Employee) –  Lyon (69)20 October 2017
Cet emploi permet de faire partager mon expérience professionnelle et humaine.Je peux m'appuyer sur une grande connaissance de l'entreprise et du secteur Hôtellerie restauration afin d'accompagner au mieux les futurs entrepreneurs restaurateurs.
Pros
entreprise familiale
Cons
forte concurrence
Unorganized management and favoritsm
Parent Navigator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CT17 October 2017
Though most time was spent in the field, time spent in the office was stressful and lacking managerial support. Management openly criticized employees behind their back creating an atmosphere of distrust and paranoia. This could be a fantastic opportunity to serve the community with proper managerial support. No training program then punitive measures when you are missing paperwork you did not know existed.
Pros
Benefits, clients
Do not work here
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT14 July 2017
I found my experience at CHR horrible. When I work at my program a worker was involved in a inappropriate relationship with a supervisor which was covered up. I was encouraged to ratt out my coworkers. I worked hard at my job often times covering shifts that people called out from because they had acruide sick time. People will stab you in the back
Pros
Benifits
Cons
c oworkers, job
Terrible Management and administrative staff.
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CT10 May 2017
Supervisors and administrators represent incompetence, insecurity, and an all boys club attitude. They are uninformed and unconcerned with direct care staff. Most supervisors and directors are more mentally ill than the cliend they serve. Sad. You are treated as easily replaceable. No wider they habe so many job openings at their agency....
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You are undervalued, underminded, and punished for being brighter, smarter, and ethically responsible
Horrible management
Supportive Housing Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CT30 April 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. Supervisors are quick to write you up for little things and are not open to new ideas. Management is not supportive of their workers in the least bit. Overall a horrible place to work for your own mental health and well being
Pros
Cons
Upper management is horrible
A very dynamic company that gives the employees an opportunity to grow with great compensation and benefits
Internship (Former Employee) –  Iligan30 August 2016
My internship in the company gave me the opportunity to work with different people and made me develop my own techniques of dealing with professionals. It was a challenging experience because of the great demand given by the employees in the company. However, I developed a good management skill during our internship program.
Great company to work
Tier 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  4747 s loop 289 Lubbock TX6 July 2016
Management structure was decent
Work load was balanced
Had no complaints
Laid off our department for inability to acquire new clients
Innovative company and good place to work
GIS/CAD Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX12 April 2016
With the ever evolving Telecommunications industry, CHR continuously strives to outperform the competition with its Engineering Services packages. The staff are wonderful people who are well versed in their skills. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Challenging
Residential Aide/CHR (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT1 March 2016
Poor management at the Putnam program. Management hiring practices are poor and there is very little training time. Co-workers under-mind each other.
Housing Support Specialist
Housing support specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT11 December 2015
Beware of management a lot of favoratism. Supervisors are dinosaurs and do not want any new ideas or creativity brought to the position. Good luck... Very aggressive and rude
Pros
Non
Une Journée de stage
stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Namur22 November 2015
L’équipe à une bonne cohésion, le personnel est variable et l'on doit s'adapter à tous un chacun.
Le fait que j'apprécie et admire cette entreprise est que l'on y soigne tout type de classe sociale.
Pros
les pauses et l'accés de l'entreprise
Environnement de travail agréable
technicienne de surface (Former Employee) –  Liège6 July 2015
Début travail 17h jusque 21h.
Bonne ambiance.
Travail a 2 ou plus.
Salle de maternité (3 salle)
Pros
3 jours de congéen semaine après avoir travailler le week end
Cons
néant
retail/customer service a must
Night Mgr/Deli Mgr (Former Employee) –  Abbotstown, PA5 July 2015
The store I worked in was in a small town. almost all our customers were regulars. I liked the work and the customers. I kept getting conflicting orders of how to handle things. Upper management had good concepts but the store manager "intrepted" things differently then me.
Pros
decent pay. good benefits
Cons
store managers are way too stressed out
this was worth the experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PA2 June 2015
handling a lot of responsibility and pressure on a daily basis, dedicating all your time to the company. this was a good job and worth gaining more knowledge of technology.
Pros
free drinks while working
Empresa boa de se trabalha
Operador de Produção A (Former Employee) –  Valinhos-SP11 May 2015
Funcionários dispostos a ensinar e ajudar no desenvolvimento do serviço.
Vários cursos no setor alimentício.
Pros
Alimentação ótima
Cons
Não tem
Environnement de travail agréable
Docteur en Pharmacie (Former Employee) –  Châlons-en-Champagne, A424 September 2014
Esprit d'équipe
Rigueur
Dynamisme
Engagement professionnel
Conscience professionnelle
Pros
logement situé au sein de l'hôpital