Choice Teachers Employee Reviews

Friendly agency to work for
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan14 May 2018
A typical day at work
I receive a call (usually in the morning, sometimes the night before) asking me if I wish to work that day, if I say yest they trey and allocate me to local schools that require a TA or cover supervisor for the day which I will the attend. I arrive at the school, receive my timetable and either cover the lesson or assist in the classroom. I then go home an it is as simple as that.

What you learned
I learned that confidence is key in all aspects, especially in front of the students. As soon as they get a whiff that you aren't confident they believe they can mess you around.

The management are lovely. Nothing more really to say.

The hardest part of the job
The hardest part of the job is going to a school where they don't seem to have things under control but at the end of the day they understand you can only do so much.

The most enjoyable part of the job
I love working with the SEN pupils in the local SEN schools. I find it really rewarding and challenging which I love.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
temporary work
Amazing place to be!
supply staff (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City25 March 2018
Excellent and cool peers to work with. As a staff of this great company, I have learnt how to negotiate with employers and fellow staffs in work environment and improved my time management skill.
Thanks Choice...
Pros
Cool friends to meet!
Active workplace
Teacher / Cover Supervisor / Tutor (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City6 March 2018
Being a teacher, TA or cover supervisor you can get bookings from schools on the same day, 1 hour prior to the class, so you have to be prepared.

Is very easy to contact a Choice Teachers employee or manager.

If you work as a teacher, you should of course expect to deal with silent and loud students, so you have to be prepared. I am sure there are a lot of places when you can read advices on how to give a class.
Reliable company to work for if looking to work in the Education Sector.
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leigh7 September 2017
Friendly, reliable staff who co-operate with you at all times and are able to find work within your ideal location upon your availability. The job is a challenging role but you learn majority of skills around different schools which prepares you for the future when training to become a teacher.
Pros
challenging job but well worth it as you're prepared when you finally become a a teacher
Cons
None, If you're strong, dedicated and committed to the job role you will use your skills to overcome any problems.
Fun place to work
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, ENG11 November 2015
I would get a call in the morning at around half 7 saying that I need to be at a nursery for a certain time. Once there it was day to day duties, playing with the kids and helping them learn.
Cons
No job security
Very friendly staff, approachable.
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, ENG10 August 2015
Very friendly staff who are always able to answer any questions I may have about a school in which I have been posted. Most days I get a phone call in the evening asking my availability for the following day, this helps me to get a good rest as i don't have to be up first thing in the morning for work. The hardest part of being with Choice is the same as all agencies, the possibility of not getting work some days, saying this i have been lucky and have only had 3 days off in the past year while working as a supply staff.