CHOICE SUPPORT Employee Reviews

Volunteer position
Volunteer Support (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire6 February 2018
A Volunteer position, working with adults with mental and physical health difficulties, very enjoyable and rewarding work, in the community. A range of activities suitable for the community.
Pros
good fun
productive and fun workplace
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 October 2017
this workplace is a nice place to work at, the service users, staff and management are very friendly and everyone gets along well.
the work is very good and it is very enjoyable.
Support worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 October 2017
I worked here for 4 years and the management support I got was terrible. I didn’t feel supported at all and the way I was treated by other staff memebers was terrible.
Acceptable work place good fair culture
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire21 September 2017
Very good company pleasant to work for
Good management and supervion issues and concerns dealt with
Work was hard and challenging at times but also very good fun
Pros
Flexible rota
Values based
Manager (Current Employee) –  London South East, Greater London30 March 2017
I don't really have a typical day, everyday throws up new interests and challenges which must suit me because I have worked for Choice Support for 18 years! I'm doing a job I like very much and feel like I'm doing something worthwhile. The organisation has very strong values, which I agree with and like. It is motivating work, because you see the good effect your work has on helping the people we support. The hardest part of the job is the present social care cuts. We all want to support people to the best of our ability and we have to do this within very tight budgets at the moment. The best part of my job is seeing that people we support are doing well and doing what they want to with the right support.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited social care resources
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  London20 July 2016
Great experience. Been there for so many years. I learned various skills mainly to do with general health and safety and learnt some psychology also.
Good company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2016
Excellent training, taught me a lot. Do the best for the people they support. Bonus payments and some good benefits. Managers approachable and supportive.
Pros
Training and values
personally rewarding work which I enjoy
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham27 April 2016
I enjoy my work within the supported living setting . I particularly enjoy empowering service users to lead fulfilling and interesting lives
Pleasant workplace
Relief Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wakefield1 March 2016
A typical day at work is pleasant and fulfilling. I have learnt a great deal about respecting the dignity of people and offering appropriate support. I have undertaken training in moving and handling, first aid and medication administration and I have learnt a substantial amount about report writing and offering practical support. The management at Choice Support has always been helpful and pleasant in my experience. I found that my co-workers were all very capable of the job and are compassionate and caring about the people that they support. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is when a service is short staffed as the work can be physically demanding. However the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the people that I support happy and knowing that I have helped them have a pleasant day, it is a very rewarding role.
Pros
Choosing my shifts
Choice support
Biggleswade Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade29 February 2016
why do we need to fill this section in.

My previous position or post holds no relevance to my new job, whether I rate it highly or not.
family atmosphere
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rhymney17 February 2016
management was easy to work along side , co-workers ok most of the time,
It is great to enable a service user to achive their full potential on a daily basis.
Pros
work / life balance
Cons
unsociable hours
Supportive, caring enviroment
Support Worker/Key Worker (Current Employee) –  Bletchley and Fenny Stratford10 February 2016
Learned how to communicate effectively , good management structure and very supportive, good training, worked with a well organised team
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the people we support live as independently as possible and the fun and laughter you make to their lives
Pros
Good support team
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Not my Choice!
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire21 January 2016
It is all very well saying that adults with learning disabilities should be able to make life choices which in most situations is a good thing. The difficulties arise when Managers fail to realise that sometimes the adults do not know when enough is enough, for example an adult being allowed to drink too much and then thumping his house mate.
Other gripe was finishing sleep-in shifts at 8am and starting day shift at 9am and being told that you have to leave the building for the hour, even in midwinter when you live a long way away and the adults being supported are asleep.
Pros
Being with the clients
Cons
Managers
I learnt a lot at this company and training was excellent.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG10 November 2015
A very enjoyable place to work, caring for people with learning difficulties promoting individuals growth and confidence in the community giving individuals choice and a good quality of life.Management were very supportive and training was excellent, co-workers were friendly and if you had any problems or concerns were more than helpful to give guidance.Some challenging behaviour would make this role difficult.The most enjoyable part of my job was supporting people and enabling them to make positive decisions regarding there futures.
Pros
Training, management
Cons
unsociable hours
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG12 August 2015
Each day never the same can be fun or challenging , co workers are okay we may some times agree to disagree main thing working as a team.
Pros
What you bring to the team matters
Cons
Productive and skills improvement workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG10 July 2015
Good management with a strong organisation culture, good co-workers but with low team spirit. The most challenging part is trying to carry client along in activities and get them socialise at all time, this joy has build on the resilience spirit and increase the ability of group work with client and co-workers
productive and good places to work
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG21 June 2015
enjoyed working all the time. gained more experience through this company, staff have been great , worked together to meet the needs of our service users . management was great,
Good incentives
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 December 2014
Iam an asset and good team worker. I have grown since I joined in my roleand Iam confident in my work. management trainings has promoted my job and I can work confidently in my role with staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I can work long hours
worth while job ,great team members,
Assistant Café Manager /Support Worker (Former Employee) –  leigh park20 November 2013
setting up tables ,putting on the urn for teas and coffees for the customers,placing an order with the surppliers
Good work enviroment
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG22 September 2013
Choice Support is a charity organisation, the company supports people with learning disabilities.. My work involves reconciling accounts of the people we support, i am responsible for bank reconciliations and rent accounting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHOICE SUPPORT. Our community is ready to answer.

CHOICE SUPPORT Reviews by Location