Choice Care Group

Team Leader13 reviews
United Kingdom13 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
I loved working at Ocknell. The best place I have ever worked. The manager ❤️ amazing. Clients ❤️ amazing. Staff ❤️ amazing. Moneys pretty rubbish, long hours. But all together that didn't really matter with the people I went in for. If I moved back to Southampton I wouldn't think twice about going back!!
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with the company and at Ocknell! Our staff in the homes are at the core of the company and we cannot thank you enough for the hard work and effort you put in. We wish you all the best success in your future endeavours.
Working with the service users is a fantastic experience, and managerial staff team in the house is also very good and we all work well as a team. You build great relationships with everyone in the home.

The problems lie in upper management. You receive absolutely no support from the upper management team at head office. They will not be there for you when you need them and don't care about anything apart from making themselves look good on paper.

Also pay is one of the worst in the industry, especially since the recent national minimum wage increase as the pay gap between different seniority levels has gotten even smaller.

Sickness levels are just astonishing in this company, and this isn't helped by the fact that upper management only care about making themselves look good. It's a shame because I loved this job when I first started but now I hate coming to work.
11 November 2019
It’s unfortunate that you have had a negative experience working for us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as your comments are not reflective of the views of the majority of our staff. Please contact us for further discussion on easthr@choicecaregroup.com
Understaffed always asked to work and was even on call when it wasn't my shift. Training informative and good however too quick to promote under qualified staff.
Pros
lovely residents
Cons
rubbish pay
17 May 2019
It’s unfortunate that you have had a negative experience working for us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as your comments are not reflective of the views of the majority of our staff. Please contact us for further discussion on WestHR@choicecaregroup.com
I really enjoy working for Choice Care Group and would definitely recommend the company to others. Training and career progression is excellent, with some great company benefits.
27 November 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and are proud to have such a caring and dedicated workforce.
Very good company with great support and well lead management.
I have enjoyed working with this company and have made many friends over the years.

The service users are very well cared for with all the support they need .
Pros
Good working conditions
6 November 2018
Thank you for the positive feedback, we love hearing our employee’s enjoying their experiences with us.
Absolutely great company to work for. I am working for the company over 2 years now and I absolutley love my job and feel encouraged to reach my full potential.

Brilliant management, great staff benefits, flexible shifts

Company care about the staff and offer free training including management development programmes.
27 November 2018
I work for Choice and have been promoted and put on management devopmentwhich I really love. The service I work in is person centred and we do great activities with the people we look after. I am looking forward to being developed further and the training I get is very good as well
Pros
Flexible working
27 February 2019
I did enjoy working for choice care group.
Very nice environment and good company policies and procedures to make it a nice place to work.

It makes you get a lot of experience and let take responsibilty in a short amount of time .

I got promoted twice in 1 year.
27 February 2019
i care and support people on a day to day basis, you have to have a big heart to work in care. that's why i do, i love my job and would always recommend as its very rewarding .
27 November 2018
I would honestly warn off anyone that is considering working for choice care group.

management is extremely poor and go out of their way to pick faults or point out what you have done wrong usually resulting in some kind of disciplinary proceeding. However, if you are in the "click" so to speak you do not have to worry about such things and any errors are overlooked and brushed under the carpet.

Rate of pay is very low and a lot is expected for minimum wage. Staff are treated very poorly overall and the attitude amongst management is "you know where the door is, you can be easily replaced" which i wouldn't consider to be effective management in any sector, let alone care.

I genuinely believe the company is an absolute sham and would warn anyone that it is NOT what it appears to be on the surface. Many people's careers in care have been ruined over very minor disagreements with management.

Avoid at ALL cost.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Poor management
As someone who has worked for various care companies what I enjoy most is the job satisfaction. There are opportunities throughout the company which include working with learning disabilities and mental health. The pay isn't going to make you rich but is comptive compared to where i worked before. Hours are flexible but with opportunity to pick up overtime in the home or other homes. Management devlopment programme and job progression is available
Pros
Service users
27 February 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
An enjoyable experience and opportunity to further my skill set in this area of work, improving technical and communicative skills on a professional as well as work with a fast paced and dynamic team
27 February 2019
A great work place with a really supportive staff team and home manager. The day would normally start with balancing the money and administering medication to the service users then making sure the daily jobs in the house are completed. The hardest part of the job is we are always short staffed and The best part of the job is knowing you help people that need it everyday.
Pros
Plenty of annual leave, Great Co Workers
Cons
Short Staffed