Choice Care Group

Deputy Manager6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Poor management. Rota never out in good time. Favouristism shown to whoever's is in the click. Promotion given to who they like rather than who deserves it or best qualified.
I have worked for the company for six years. I started with zero confidence but was given the chance to take on a Teamleader position. I then made it to Deputy Manager.
I have felt fully supported throughout and have seen first hand how to manage a home properly.

I'm now leaving the company to try a different career, but I would strongly reccomend working for CHOICE.
11 November 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
This company really does try hard to do it's best. I had a great time overall working for Choice. The progression was second to none. Promotion after promotion, however I think a lot of that was due to very few applications alongside quick growth. The support wasn't really there for new members of the management team. Circumstances dictated that the responsibilities of the job impacted on work life balance to a massive degree working consecutive 15 hour days while sleeping over was not uncommon and often expected. If your face doesn't fit with some of the area managers you've had it! But there were a couple of really nice ones. Senior management were lovely but not really able to reduce the burden of all those hours. Fast growth, new services and couldnt employ decent staff to fill the current homes let alone new ones. Training at Choice is very good though and most importantly the service users were lovely to take care of. Choice is a decent company to work for because of what they provide and their values which they do hold dear. However, there are more organised and better paying care providers out there. I'd recommend choice if you are looking to learn quick and progress and then find a position somewhere more settled.
Pros
Quick progression, Company values. Directors, some area managers.
Cons
Too many hours, below average pay. Disorganised.
26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read that you didn't feel supported by management and although you feel aspects of the role are positive, we would like to discuss the issues you have experienced. Therefore please send an email to southHR@choicecaregroup.com
Can't say enough about the opportunities to progress. Obviously requires small sacrifice, hard work and commitment but the opportunities are there if you carry yourself well. Over 6 years I have been lucky enough to progress 4 times. As with any job there are negative experiences but as a whole id recommend joining the company, along with their values, to anyone who has the ability to be caring and know right from wrong.
Pros
Progression opportunities. Some great staff. Job security.
Cons
Can impact lifestyle
27 November 2018
I love my position and the work I do especially the people I support but the company does not support a good work/life balance and pressures you to do lots of overtime hours.
The company has pushed for progression before the individual homes had the staffing to support it which leads to a huge exodus of staff and a service struggling to cope in the aftermath.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Always short staffed, no work life balance
27 February 2019
All i will say is staff team are excellent and will go the extra mile. managment only think of the money and treat junior staff like pawns.
Pros
good working team, progression
Cons
pogression comes at a cost, managment are thick and bone idle