Choice Care Group

Care Assistant10 reviews
United Kingdom10 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Not a bad company to work for, the hours are way to much sometimes. Depends if you like community or not. And if health care is for you. Wasn’t a good job in winter if you wasn’t a driver
i really enjoyed working with the clients, however the company was probably the worst i've ever worked for. they were unorganised, careless and didn't care about the care assistants health and well being. the pay was ridiculously low and the manager was rude and acted like a head teacher than a manager we can go to about issues.
11 November 2019
It’s unfortunate that you have had a negative experience working for us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as your comments are not reflective of the views of the majority of our staff. Please contact us for further discussion on WestHR@choicecaregroup.com
Loved working with choice care , got along great with all staff and services users , very upset that I moved away and had to leave the job , wish I could go back , lover working there , staff and management are lovely and salary was amazing for an apprenticeship.
17 May 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
Worst place i have ever worked for. I worked in a home in the Swindon area
Management hide in their office and don't do anything with service users, unless is going shopping or taking tem out for a meal. You have to fight for your money, they will pay when they want not when it is due. DON'T use the safe ratio of staff/ service user allocation. Staff bullied constantlyManager and Assistant manager take holidays on Christmas time even though IS NOT ALLOWED. Overall keep away from this company. They say meals on duty but it doesn't apply if you worked nights , however night shifts are longer
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
27 February 2019
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the Company, we would like to take this opportunity to apologise and reassure you this does not reflect Choice Care Group’s values. We take matters like this very seriously and would like to ask you to help us address this. If you could please send an email to WestHR@choicecaregroup.com so that we can get this resolved.
The clients are so lovely which makes you sad to leave them. But unfortunately the management are back-stabbing two faced people if you're not in their "click" you're treated like dirt. Management are too young minded to have any control of these vulnerable people, most of them write out careplans for service users they haven't even seen for 2+ years. They do not care for who is doing well only for their friends within the company. Most uncaring care company. STRONGLY advice you don't waste your time with care choice. They put staff in dangerous situations which they're not trained for and do not care for your well-being at all, if you do not become a part of the small-minded click within management you're pretty much doomed. Horrible nasty girls that are constantly talking about others unkindly and spend more time being horrid than caring for their clients.
Pros
The service users
Cons
Management is disgraceful
24 May 2018
You clearly have serious concerns. We would appreciate being able to discuss your concerns with you so please contact us on: 02031950136
High turn over of staff, the managers seem to have their own rules rather than all work from the same . The hardest part of the job is the constant phone calls when you are off and made to go to other homes . Make you work when you are ill . Best park is the residence they deserve the best.
Pros
Residents
Cons
long hours, constant phone calls and favorites.
Lovely service users, there are a couple that can kick off.
Staff mainly ok.

They are always under staffed, which makes thing difficult for staff.

Not a very organised place to be honest.
Pros
meals are free
Cons
unorganised rota and no alicated breaks
30 November 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and are proud to have such a caring and dedicated workforce.
bitchiness, lack of respect for employees, neglected clients, lack of care for clients well being, so glad I got out when I did.
Pros
Meet great people, Build relationships with clients, 6, 70 an hour
Cons
Job security, lack of communication, bitchiness, unprofessional workplace, lack of job security
I Was working from 7am-3pm and sometimes there was no break given to us during these times.
I learned how to deal with people of all ages and different cultures and religions.

The hardest part of the job was to keep on travelling to different places with not much time given.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet different people of all religions and cultures.
Pros
no lunch breaks
27 February 2019
I love this job. I feel like I have taken my first step into a really professional career. I am learning some really important skills and I want to work towards promotion and this company is properly supporting me to do that. I want to be a manager within 2 to 3 years and working here makes me feel that is possible
Pros
Very friendly team mates, Nice approachable manager
Cons
DBS took a while to come through and I was really keen to start
30 November 2018
Thank you for the positive feedback, we love hearing our employees are enjoying their experiences with us.