Choice Care Group

Choice Care Group Employee Reviews in Winchester

Winchester6 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Training is excellent. A gratifying job; management is approachable and great colleagues. It is a privilege working in this environment to help service users to lead a meaningful and healthy life. The training is spot on, and if you have anything you're not sure about, you can always rely on your colleagues and management.
Pros
Job satisfaction and workig with service users.
Cons
Low pay as is the norm in this industry
Loved my job, thought I would advance within the company. Got sacked without any explanation of what I did wrong. Followed all my training when attacked by an aggressive service user but got no support within the company.
Pros
Great colleagues, rewarding, the service isers
Cons
They completely ruined my dream job with no decent explanation
8 April 2020
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the Company, we would like to take this opportunity to apologise and reassure you this does not reflect Choice Care Group’s values. We take matters like this very seriously and would like to ask you to help us address this. If you could please send an email to EastHR@choicecaregroup.com so that we can get this resolved.
I like to work here. I started as night staff and i ended up as Senior. I like to do my job. You can be sure that not a single day will be the same. The SU's will give you a positive energy that will keep you happy all day. The management team will give you also support and advices everytime when you will ask for and suggestions to help you to improve and to do your job better.
Pros
Fun at work, great management, SU's
Cons
Short staff
27 February 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
I loved this care home at first but it all changed when we got a new manager who almost immediately suspended and fired me with no cause despite me working extremely hard at this job for a year and eight months, through all of the appeal process and disciplinary process I was nothing short of an afterthought and my views on the matters were all ignored in favour for the word of my manager. I now find it borderline impossible to find a new job because I was fired from the only job I’ve ever had when I did nothing wrong so I can’t even pay my bills, the work immediately put a glass ceiling over my head not letting me progress despite me working there longer than most, I would still love to work at this home again if I was allowed due to the service users being amazing to work with but I’m clearly not welcome there.
Cons
Constantly guilted into extra shifts, never treated fairly, glass ceiling above staffs head
26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read this, and whilst it doesn’t match the feedback we get from our happy colleagues every day at Choice Care Group, we would like to discuss the issues you have experienced. Therefore please send an email to SouthHR@choicecaregroup.com
I use to work for the group, but had to leave for personal reasons. I loved working with the staff team and use to have a lot of fun. I really didnt want to leave the group, because i really cared for everyone there. The team helped me through so much and i learnt alot about myself. I would go back in a heart beat if my circumstances changed.
Pros
Free Dinners, Caring, Supportive team
30 November 2018
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. And if your circumstances change then please contact us.
I have learned a lot from working with Choice Care Group, and really grown as a person. Unfortunately over time as funding has dropped, and the company has chosen to specialise in supporting the most challenging individuals, it has become a very high-pressure environment.
There is a great culture within the workplace, among the more experienced employees. Everyone works together to cover shifts and keep things running smoothly. We all try and make sure no one gets totally overwhelmed by work. Unfortunately the severe lack of staffing can make this very difficult.

I have really enjoyed making a positive difference to people's lives, and learning how to best support them. I have also enjoyed developing new tools to help with this, and arranging activities that will help with this. I also tend to build up good relationships with the families of our service users, which really helps us deliver the best possible care.

Sadly, it is getting to the point where we can't even reach minimum staffing levels, and I don't have time to arrange as much as our service users deserve. My colleagues and I are working an unhealthy amount of hours to try and ensure adequate care is provided, and we are still struggling to achieve this.

During my time with this company, I have developed my interpersonal skills, time management, and a strong sense of responsibility. I have also learned to liaise with professionals, and complete various paperwork, such as risk assessments.
Pros
Meals provided, lots of training provided to help with advancement.
Cons
Severely understaffed, challenging behaviours to manage, and pressure to work an excessive amount of hours.
30 November 2018
Thank you for your comments. Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. We also welcome the opportunity to discuss with you further the concerns you have raised, so please contact us for further discussion on EastHR@choicecaregroup.com