Choice Care Group

Choice Care Group Employee Reviews in Gloucester

Gloucester17 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Loved working with choice care , got along great with all staff and services users , very upset that I moved away and had to leave the job , wish I could go back , lover working there , staff and management are lovely and salary was amazing for an apprenticeship.
17 May 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
I have been working for the company for some time now.
I enjoy my role here, no day is the same which is the best part of the job, it can be very challenging at times but I am very passionate about my job and the company.

The new benefits are great we have discounted gym memberships, cinema which I take full advantage of
27 November 2018
Thank you for the positive feedback, we love hearing our employees are enjoying their experiences with us
I really enjoy working for Choice Care Group and would definitely recommend the company to others. Training and career progression is excellent, with some great company benefits.
27 November 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and are proud to have such a caring and dedicated workforce.
Care is a job that one can do for life, and its one of the jobs that can change someone’s life - yours and the people you support.
A typical day at work can be from too manic to pretty relaxed, you can never get two days the same! Some people love office 9-5 jobs, I personally could not live like that.

Here I have learned a great amount about autism, learning disabilities and mental health. I learned about the culture and how to support people with their needs.

The management is extremely devoted and you can see them that they are not doing this for the money. They genuinely care for the people we support and they will put down their personal lives for our Service Users. Lastly, it is fairly easy to progress in the company.

The workplace culture is what makes the job fun and interesting, let’s be honest, nobody can work in a vile hostile environment. if you don’t have decent colleagues who you trust and can have fun with then you cannot do this job.

Every job has bad days and good days, the important is to focus on your cause and why you are doing this.
Pros
Free lunch! Access to many great activities and fun days out with the Service users.
Cons
Mileage pay could be better
27 November 2018
Having work for this company for a while I've seen the good the bad and the ugly. You are not appreciated for the work that you put in you are criticised over the smallest thing and there is far too much paperwork. They ring you constantly on your days off and work you to the bone then complain if your ill. Best thing about this job is the service users they make the job worthwhile.
Pros
Great service users
Cons
Demanding of you
5 years in the company - started as support worker and progressed over the years to managerial position . Never been so happy at my job as I am now. Very professional training. Company is offering lots of benefits for staff.
Pros
Good training
27 November 2018
Absolutely great company to work for. I am working for the company over 2 years now and I absolutley love my job and feel encouraged to reach my full potential.

Brilliant management, great staff benefits, flexible shifts

Company care about the staff and offer free training including management development programmes.
27 November 2018
Working for CHOICE CARE GROUP is an amazing experience!
I love everything about this company.

Anyone who would like to do a progression in his carrier should definitely get job there!!

On top of that I have so many benefits being part of the company

Child care vouchers, discounted restaurants, cinema tickets even for exclusive gym membership !!!

Used them on so many occasions on daily basis.
Pros
Benefits !!
27 November 2018
Having spent 2 1/2 years in the company I have made some great friends with people all over the country, service users are mostly put first as they should be.
The salary unfortunately isn't great, I have to be honest but it is rewarding work
Pros
Free in house training
Cons
Low pay
27 November 2018
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comment.
27 November 2018
The job its self is not the issue when its comes to working at choice care group. Working with the service users is a fun and makes it worthwhile.
But when it comes to what is expected of you, you give an inch and they take a mile.

I had to resort to blocking the number of the home i worked in to avoid being harassed on my days off and even that didn't work as they would just call off personal numbers.

Management forget that the people working have lives outside of work and once you agree to overtime, thats it. you've sold your soul.

Due to the place being constantly understaffed, the remaining few people are left to pick up the pieces. Which is bad in itself, except there is minimal acknowledgement for your efforts, and they always find ways for you to do more.

If you love to live at work, and hate spending time with your friends and family then you would love to work here. But for those of you who do actually enjoy the outside world then i would avoid like the plague.
Pros
Minimal
27 February 2019
It’s unfortunate that you have had a negative experience working for us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as your comments are not reflective of the views of the majority of our staff. Please contact us for further discussion on WestHR@choicecaregroup.com
27 November 2018
Have been working for this company for 3 years now, started as a team leader moving to a trainer and now an assistant manager. My very first day I was approached by a member of management team and told that I had to make a choice and I was either one of them (support worker) or one of us (management). So my back was up from the get go. I have always had people comment how I am not like a normal team leader or manager as I do 'shop floor' tasks as well which my response is always well without a team who would I lead or manage so if I can help my team out I will do.

Lies and false promises are a plenty and if you want a job where you are made to change shifts or pick up shifts with at times not even a days notice and told its policy or in your contract so we can do this then this is the company for you. This also goes for secondments to other homes expect long hours and days away from family and again if you try to combat this its in your contract or its policy.

All staff teams I have worked in are great and they pull their weight and as long as you are open with them they take on board what you say and will be productive and top standard but there are so many times when the staff are undervalued or not appreciated that you have them with their guards up and will do the minimal they can not their fault in my eyes as if you treat someone as a child I think you should expect childish responses.

No one gets into care for money and if you think you are you are foolish especially here but a little rise across the board goes a long way.
Pros
Staff team (support workers, cooks, cleaners)
Cons
Poor communication, a face don't fit you aren't progressing attitude, management thinking more of bottom line rather than safety or staff morale/satisfaction, money, hours, expected to change shifts or pick up shifts or even be sent away for long periods of time, i could go on
27 November 2018
i care and support people on a day to day basis, you have to have a big heart to work in care. that's why i do, i love my job and would always recommend as its very rewarding .
27 November 2018
Choice is a company that cares about its employees.
It offers a variety of benefits and company events for all employees.

It is continually developing and change is important. In 5 years of working in care, Choice is the first company i have felt cared for.

The company has giving me more oppertunities than i could have ever imagined.
27 November 2018
Your typical day at work will consist of; cooking, cleaning, personal care etc. You will often get ordered to clean while you're eating or trying to interact with a service user. If you don't smoke you aren't allow fresh air breaks, which is ridiculous. You will get cornered and forced to do extra shifts on your day off, if you're on annual leave you will get called up to told you have to work. On top of this you will be forced to work in other homes because they don't like to use agency.

Ironically 'choice' isn't the main focus of the company. Personal centred planning isn't followed, and due to funding staffing levels are very poor... staff are forced to work long hours at a low rate of pay for that sector. Due to many of the homes being challenging behaviour, staff are often hurt due to the poor staffing levels. If you get hurt while at work they will do everything and anything to avoid accepting responsibility.

Management are extremely ineffective at their job and pay favourites, including; hiring and promoting friends, excluding other staff.

The training you receive is excellent, however is over shadowed by the fact you have to attend training on your days off.

Most of my co-workers quit and went to other companies where they were treated a lot better! For the most part the support workers are amazing and go above and beyond to try and give the su the best quality of life possible. However it's hard when seniors over rule your decisions.

I would honestly say to anyone who wishes to work in care to avoid CCG at all cost.
Pros
Training, development
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, low wages
One of the worst places I've ever worked at. There were three different home manager's during the 11 months I was there, the first two were nice and friendly, the third one was rude, arrogant and disrespectful to her staff. When I asked if I could do the NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care I was told that I would have to "earn it". The company does not follow correct disciplinary procedures, they take on staff on a three month trial, once you pass that trial and are then classed as fully employed by them you would assume that your job is safe, don't assume anything ! They do not bother with verbal and written warning procedures, they just terminate your employment with a letter hand delivered ! They get rid of you if your face doesn't fit. Appalling company to work for.
It was an extremely enjoyable job and every day is different. There was a structure to each day but you were always busy. The service users were all extremely easy to get on with and made the job a lot easier because you couldn't help but look forward to working. The colleagues were all very friendly and hard working and it was great to see myself as part of an effective team.
Pros
fun
Cons
awkward hours
27 November 2018
Okay place to work, but could have a lot of improvement !
Service users are great !
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours. No benifits. No Extra Pay For Holidays..Not Even Christmas.