Choice Care Group

Choice Care Group Employee Reviews in Basingstoke

Basingstoke7 reviews
Featured review
Choice Care Group selected this as a representative review
I can only say I do love my job
It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users

Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift

It’s a very caring company.
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
I would not recommend choice care group to anyone I know. Although the job is very rewarding, to management you are just a number. You are never praised for the job you do, and you are expected to come in on your days off and work your annual leave.
The service users are not looked after to the standard they deserve, activities are very few and very mundane. The company is called “Choice Care” but believe me the service users don’t get a choice. Management like to sit in the office, not get involved with service users. Rota’s were not out on time so staff wouldn’t know when they were working. I would also class some managers as bullies.
Pros
Helping someone less fortunate than yourself.
Cons
Everything.
Working for maycare was the most rewarding I have ever experienced.I got so much out of the fact I was making someone’s day just by
Turning up and having sometimes just a cup of tea .I loved the company and I loved all my clients and so glad maycare gave me the opportunity to put me on courses and encouraged us to be the best careers we could .
Pros
Getting courses for free to better hour care
27 February 2019
Our staff are the backbone of our organisation and we are delighted to have such enthusiastic and compassionate people working for us. Thank you for your comments.
I have been working for choice for 3 years nearly and I wouldn’t change it for the world. The staff are brilliant, there are a fantastic range of service users who do experience challenging behaviour, but given the right training you can support them. I always remember the one thing I got taught in training and my manager tells me quite often “your there to support them and to promote there independence and to support there needs”. This is very true. I have worked in several choice homes and everyone of them are run differently but the staff are brilliant.
You get free meals, full training is given to you, and the management are great when you need to chat.
Pros
Free meals, reasonable hours, full training.
Cons
None at all.
30 November 2018
Poor management, very poor staff, extremely poor hours and dismal pay. Dont even apply for a job here, you will not get anything out of it.

Very badly run organisation...how they pass there cqc inspections beyond me
Pros
nothing
Cons
all of it
30 November 2018
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the Company, we would like to take this opportunity to apologise and reassure you this does not reflect Choice Care Group’s values. We take matters like this very seriously and would like to ask you to help us address this. If you could please send an email to EastHR@choicecaregroup.com so that we can get this resolved.
Choice Care Group wow what a place to work I can’t fault it. You have lovely staff and amazing service users . I’ve been on a few trips out with service users
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Shift changes
30 November 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and are proud to have such a caring and dedicated workforce.
Staff overall are good, however they are stretched very thin and this can be wearing.
Job can be very rewarding and day trips are possible but morale in in the toilet due to hard hours and constantly understaffed shifts
Pros
Great Service Users
Cons
Unforgiving rota and under qualified staff
30 November 2018
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the Company, we would like to take this opportunity to apologise and reassure you this is not reflective of the majority of our staff’s experiences of working for us. We take all matters like this very seriously and would like to ask you to help us address this. If you could please send an email to EastHR@choicecaregroup.com so that we can get this resolved we would appreciate this.
Although this job was a very rewarding job being within the care sector it also became very frustrating. With low budgets and lack of staff it often put employees in unsafe and unessarily stressful situations. Management would favortise certain staff leaving other employees feeling fed up and unappreciated.
Pros
Meals provided
Cons
Lack of salary for the risks involved. not very sociable hours.
30 November 2018
It’s unfortunate that you have had a negative experience working for us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as your comments are not reflective of the views of the majority of our staff. Please contact us for further discussion on EastHR@choicecaregroup.com