Chiquito

Chiquito Employee Reviews

United Kingdom171 reviews
In the beginning I was very happy. But after few months the atmosphere wasn't that good all the time. Not very good relationships with other parts of the restaurant. No possibility to grow.
Pros
Tips, hours
Cons
People
I will not work there again contracted 55 hours per week, most of the times you do 65-75 hours and is expected from you to do this unpaid. Pure slavery.
You're just a number the company doesn't look after staff. Very bad experience.
Chiquito is a good company to work for and allows you to develop within a positive environment. It is a work hard play hard culture which is thoroughly.
A fantastic company to work for if you are pursuing a career in hospitality. lots of freedom to express your self and be your own person in work to develop your own style
Pros
bonuses are more than generous
Cons
sacrifice some social life
Really enjoy working here staff are friendly and very understanding overall a great place to work and hopefully can work with them for the foreseeable future
No managers available to support or train you. Either 50 hours a week or 30, no in-between.

Chefs who don’t speak a word of English and out of date food reused and sold so the free food isn’t really appealing when you know that!!!

good quality.
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Food wasn’t great
this job did not provide me with the hours i requested, however it is an easy job to do and i found that i got the hang of thing very quickly. it is an easy going working environment but i found that it was also very competitive.
I Only worked at Uxbridge branch for 3 weeks and my employment got dismissed which was not stated in the contract at all. The job description was false because i thought you would become a waitress whereas actually i was just a runner. Pay rate was underpay compared to other companies would not recommend working here at all. the manager was very difficult to work with, she kept disagreeing with me and created a stressful, unhappy work environment causing me to be stressed and unable to enjoy the job and be focused. the manager also created unnecessary arguments and kept giving negative comments- no sign of praise or encouragement at all! which i am very disappointed having worked in many successful management companies. My hours were also getting cut and there were no benefits of being an employee either. absolutely disappointing. no recognition of hard work.
Pros
nothing
Just like many other chain restaurants. Chiquito's is minimum age kinda salary restaurant which could be fun to start your career in hospitality.
Little or no experience required and with much luck a good management.

Environment is always abit stress full and busy.
If you have a passion for hospitality then they are a great company to work for. The food quality was very good and never gets old. Can be stressful at times but only when in a management position
Jobs always at risk if manager don't like you. they do not accommodate for traveling workers at all.
Managers make the workers feel small.

Kitchen staff made to feel like no power at all, can't raise thoughts or experess any feelingas things as it will go around and get twisted.

Managers will make you come in early on a 5 hour shift expect you to wait 1 to 2 hours if it's not busy and work 2 hours and send you home 5 hours early due to no work. This is a constant thing specially Walsall.
Chiquito is a fast paced, lively environment to work in, depending on your role and the effort you put in, the tips can be really good.
The quests go to Chiquito fir the whole experience, which is, the lively music, the somraros, the moustaches and the chatty servers, who are encouraged to put their personality into everything they do.
I was there for 6 months, I never got to learn the menu or be trained. Was thrown in the deep end, and thrown onto pot wash. Kitchen staff were not very talkative unless shouting for something to get. Managers were switched before I left, the second manager being the reason I left, had to remake the same dessert 7 times before she was told that is how we do it, hated the place in the end would never got back
Everyone was a c*nt tbh. Make you feel worthless to work there and managers expect everything to be perfect. Head chef came close to getting his a*s whooped a few times and the only okay manager was barry(although for some weird reason he was obsessed with floor bieng completely spotless every night).
Chiquito company are not good to work for. I worked with some great people along the way, but mostly got zero support from managers. Made to feel small and replaceable at all times.
Best managers and overall team. Feels like a family and is a welcoming environment for any new staff. Get food on shifts. Hours aren't completely unreasonable. Plus lots of competitions within the company for added rewards.
On a typical day at work I would seat our customers to ensure that the waiters and waitresses never had too many customers to serve at one point. I would clear tables and take customers orders. I learnt how to multi task and talk to customers. The management would give us our rota's in advance and adapt these if I was unable to work at shift.The hardest part of the job would be to close up at the end of the shift, however this would often be done with another colleague. The most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect as you're able to talk to new people everyday.
working behind the bar helped my skills as a barman improve greatly.
the hours helped out around my university timetable.

The staff were helpful and the workplace environment was always energetic.
Very hard to book weekends off as there isn't enough staff there. Dont know the rota for week beginning Monday until a couple days before, therefore no time to plan your weeks or days off.
Staff no longer even get free soft drinks on shift, have to have water or cordial. They've reduced 50% discount on bill to only twice a month. Only minimum wage.
It was a good place but management was horrible.
Several times we found ourselves understaffed, mainly with kitchen staff.

Manager was very unprofessional
Working as a trial server at Chiquito's was an enjoyable experience i made new friends from working with, and working there gave me the opportunity to gain new experience and develop new skills.