Childbase Partnership Employee Reviews

Absolutely awful
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  West Midlands18 July 2019
I was an apprentice and was hardly given any support.i had two years at college so I knew what I was doing. Poor management rude team leaders. My team leader was absent most days. Overloaded with work which was really mentally draining. I ran out of time with my learning because managers forgot to book my tutors in. I qualified on my own in the end. Absolutely appalling treatment. Managers have favourite employees which they treat in front of other staff members.
Pros
Hardly any. Staff were nice good apprentice wage
Cons
Long hours, didn’t care if you didn’t drive. Rude managers and rude senior management
It's a very fun,busy nursery. It's a good nursery to work for.
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 July 2019
It's a busy nursery and you get a lot of learning opportunities and training too. The management team are there to support you if you need any help. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your engaging with the children, you get a lot of benefits with this job too. The staff are friendly and will always be there to help you.
Pros
1 hour lunch, paid overtime
Great Company To Work For
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire17 April 2019
Childbase offers amazing employee benefits throughout the year and this really boosts staff moral, the nursery has a lovely feel and a great team too!
Pros
Great Staff Benefits
Worst nursery
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire10 April 2019
I have over 15 years experience in childcare and this company are the worst I’ve ever worked for.

Money is everything. Management focus on finance and have clear favourite staff.

All there nurseries near us had staff walking out and I ended up doing it to. You where sent all over the place not just in different rooms but different nurseries as they can’t keep hold of staff honestly I’m surprised they manage to stay open. This is disputed overnight more salary wise than most settings people will still leave as the atmosphere is awful.

I would never work for them or advise anyone ever sends a child here with the level of staff turnover your child wouldn’t have a key worker for more than 5 months.
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Everything else
Great Company
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London31 March 2019
I worked at Childbase for 6 months. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent working at the nursery. My Manager was lovely and kind and supportive. I'd definitely recommend considering working there again if asked.
Pros
Paid overtime or time off in lieu
Cons
Working area too small for the amount of paperwork needed for the role
Fantastic company
Accounts payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head office19 February 2019
Childbase is a fantastic company to work for. It is a extremely busy but a successful company with great employee benefits. The staff members are friendly and great to work with. Staff training is updated regularly.
Highly recommended company to work for.
Pros
Half price childcare, Family days out, Bonus dividends.
Cons
Very Busy ( but enjoyable)
Horrible...
nursery assistant (Former Employee) –  london11 February 2019
I worked for this company on a zero hours contract. Unfortunately i couldnt stomach it. Staff are overworked and underpayed. Staff are friendly and badly managed. I would not send my own child to these nurseries. I worked 5 hours every day, i was not given a break.

What bothered me most working in this nursery is that we were told that we could not be friendly with the children...
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unfriendly, long hours, bad pay
Very demanding and stressful
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire5 December 2018
Lots of things to pay attention to: observation on the children, paperwork and preparing activities at the same time as looking after the children and checking the safety of children at all times.
Employees opinions are heard.
Very long hours, doing overtime on a regular basis, tiring and stressful.
Looking after the children/babies is the most enjoyable part of the work
Overall not a great nursery to work for
Qualified nursery practitionner (Former Employee) –  Chiswick27 October 2018
Not a great first experience overall maybe because it’s a company and they are more focus on the money than they are on the staff or children. Too much gossip and favouritism.
Pros
Work with children
Cons
Salary, stress, hours, management favouritism, underapreciated, gossip
Horrible place to work!!!!
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2018
Wouldn’t even bother applying for a position at this nursery, staff are horrible and rude, they talk in their own language which I find rude. Staff are lazy especially in the toddler room, one member of management shouting in your face practically calling you a liar. The team leader is rude questioning why you are out of the room when you need the toilet etc. Which I think is very rude as she was always out of the room. Staff don’t let the children play they are too worried about parents thinking it looks untidy. Meals are disgusting there children constantly have bad bowl movements because of the food and they are sent home as it’s apparently a ‘bug’.

Not forgetting the horrible uniform you have to wear constantly feeling like you are attending a funeral not comfortable at all, not wearing active shoes like trainers to run around with the children. Most disgusting nursery I have ever worked at puts me off ever sending my child too a nursery in the future.

You will also get put on a shift like 7:45-5:45 and will have a 1 hour lunch break at 11:30-12:30 and will be expect to work the rest of the 5 hours without a break.
Shift patterns are horrible if management don’t like you they will put you on a half day late finish every week and give the favourite staff the early finish.

Do the best thing and not apply for this job.
Cons
9 hour shift with a lunch break at 11:30-12:30.
fun place to work
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  londonn12 September 2018
rota shifts typical work day is 8 hours a day and a half day off
staff are lovely and the work place is willing to help with further education for level 3 in child care
Really lovely place to work
Receptionist/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 August 2018
Enjoyed working there but had to leave as it was too far to travel
colleagues and management are ok. There are the odd ones but had fun working there and learnt a lot.
Pros
Lunch is very cheap and there are incentives if you work hard
Cons
Favouritism
It's a fun workplace
Early Years Educator (Current Employee) –  Southall3 May 2018
The days are long but are full of adventure and fun, there are continuous opportunities for you to further yourself and learn. It's a multicultural team where everybody is happy to where they are. Hardest part of the job is waking up in the morning but that goes for all jobs. The best part is getting to know the children, their likes and dislikes and helping them achieve something they thought they could never do.
Pros
Role modelling and Making a difference and change.
Cons
Long hours and not the best pay
Nice to work in, shame for some fallbacks
NURSERY WORKER (Current Employee) –  Buckingham, Buckinghamshire3 April 2018
The overall time spent as an employee was good, good pay, a nice environment to work in. However be cautious of those who you work with, even when I brought up concerns nothing seemed to happen. A good working place but the other workers may not be as friendly or as accepting.
Don’t do it
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire30 March 2018
Couldn’t even last the year. Senior managers hadn’t bothered to learn staffs names and are so focused on profits they don’t promot child’s nurturing.
Huge staff turnover due to atmosphere which meant the nursery relied on cover staff and existing staff taking on large amounts of over time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful, intimidating and high workload
Nursery practitioner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2018
Childbase is a great company to work for. However, their settings are very big thus all the rooms are always in full capacity, which some parents compare to "a factory"The ratio is one adult for eight children which seems great but in reality one end up with at least twelve (or more) key children, very hard to manage in terms of paperwork. Management team are partial and openly shows their preferences for people they like which is overwhelming if you don't fit in.
Pros
The love and the passion to work in childcare
Cons
stressful work environment. Long hours. Large number key children
Excellent company to work for!
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire17 February 2018
Excellent company to work for, offering employee benefits such as TasteCard and plenty of rewards. It has been great working for one of the top 100 employee owned companies, and it’s clear why they have that reward.
didnt like
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 January 2018
No one got along, constant moaning about management. Training was awful. Only thing i enjoyed was going on lunch and being able to be left on my own so i didnt have to mix with other staff
Pros
Cons
no shops
Good Nursery
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard4 January 2018
Overall Cedars is a good nursery. The days are quite long but it is worthwhile as it is very rewarding. The management team are helpful but sometimes need to communicate better with employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all of the learning journeys as you have quite a busy day sometimes and need to update it everyday. The best part of the job is meeting new people and bonding with children and teaching them new things.
Pros
Nice Parents and Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Supportive and fun environment
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire4 November 2017
Childbase is an exellent company to work for that will support you to progress within the company. New staff members are given a mentor to help them with all aspects of settling in from the daily routine to what they can find in the local area. This is a fast paced and fun environment and the main focus is on spending as much time with the children extending their learning as possible. I found this an extremely rewarding job and not only was I provided with the opportunity to grow proffesionally but I was also supported to grow in confidence over my time here.
Pros
Supportive environment, cash rewards for good performance
Cons
Paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childbase Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

Childbase Partnership Reviews by Location