Chicken George
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Chicken George Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
chicken jeorge was a good place to work, good hours. the manager was ok I always got payed on time. free food, meals provided . the staff always made sure that I got home safe on a night .
Cooked food, served customers, handled money, took orders over the phone, places buffet orders, looked after stock, Ordered stock, always working at a fast pac
I applied for Chicken George and they told me to come in at 12 for a trail shift baring in mind i live far from the shop, but when i got there for 11:55 they weren't prepared or ready at all, they forgot my name, they even forgot they were suppose to give me a trial shift that day, they then had the nerve to tell me to come back at a whole 5:00 that same day which i declined as i live very far. Couple days later they told me to come in for 12 again but when i got there they sent me back again as they were apparently 'overstaffed' without informing me and keeping in contact about the situation before hand despite me continuously calling them and texting them to try keep updated as i knew they would do something like that when i got there. This the kind of unprofessional and unorganised staff you can expect and the kitchen is very hard to move around in and do your work properly due to how small it is, so don't apply for this and expect a organised or professional environment.
Great place to work. Nice and friendly and also have great staff who look after you. Only downside is that there is no paid holidays and they aren’t organised with the work rota
get all meat from freezer to be put on window display service customers management does not work (a fool shall i say) enjoyable working with my colleagues hardest part is washing down every night what i leaned don't go and work there find something better best time is going out of the door
Cons
no staff discount.long hours little pay
Cut and pepare meat for the window display and serve customers .handle cash advise customers ,good listener for what they reqiure. Cut and pepare for the trays in the window diplay for customers to buy . I had been trained in H.A.C.C.P .Also advise customers on how to keep fresh meat in the fridge when they ask.
Pros
breaks
Cons
my typical day within this environment means i begin with stocking all arears of the work place, from packaging to food. i have learnt that using good communication with my co workers means that we all work in pleasant surroundings. i do not find any of this job hard as i feel it simply takes my instinct to speak well and assist the public with what they need from us, with good knowledge of the environment i work i feel i can deal with the customers in a positive way and provide them with the best deals.
Pros
working with good people and meeting new people.
Cons
long late hours.
The thing I enjoyed the most was talking to random people, and making new friend, as I mentioned earlier it was a fun job where I got to show my communication skills, however the hardest part was the fact even though I had to work hard I didn;t get paid enough and it was hard to quit.