Chestnut Nursery

Chestnut Nursery Employee Reviews

Great working with the children. Some of the staff were a bit shady. Sometimes there were lazy staff that would rather watch you work then help. If everyone in the organisation was motivated i feel as if i would have stayed for longer.
working with kids is not for me and it was a good stepping stone and helped me realise my true love to do something else and did not involve other peoples kids.
Pros
freedom
Cons
kids
Very busy nursery, but need to employ more staff to enable the setting to run more smoothly. The staff are lovely to work with and are all friendly. Management are always available to discuss any grievances with staff to maintain the running of the business. The children are a pleasure to look after and care for and every day is different.
Chestnut Nursery is a great company to work for. I have 2 years experience with children,Overall It is a very rewarding job and exciting in all aspects.
There wasn't enough staffing, you wasnt given enough support and guidance overall had a great experience working there alongside staff who have great experience in childcare.
Pros
staff were pleasent to work with
Cons
really long hours, overtime wasn't paid
I learned a lot at chestnut nursery the staff were very supportive of my sons needs and health problems then they asked me to help out they couldn't offer me a permanent job at the time but the experience alone was worthwhile I got to learn to interact with children of nursery age and how to manage play time and where to let the children know it was time to sleep or have lunch etc.i was under a very supportive manager at the time and she was great with my son and supported me with the experience and college course that I was undertaking at the time as my son has very special needs so I need to find a job that worked around this
Pros
support, interaction, productive experience
Cons
it was the best work place i have ever worked in
working with children is a challenge i learned alot about childrens behaviours management was really kind and helpfull worked in a good team looking after the childrens welfare all of the job
Pros
really enjoyable
Cons
no long term contract
  1. Employee reviews