Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
No management guidance
Sadly the area that I worked in did not provide any support. Management is very poor. Staff are treated very differently and not fairly.

Lack of vision for this department
Pros
Could be amazing
Cons
No consistency in support
Fantastic
Working in Switchboard is a very friendly and professional place to work. Everyone is so patient and friendly and help every step of the way.

I can honestly say, it is the best job that I have ever had.
Bullying Culture
I worked on the main switchboard of the hospital. There is far too many cheifs in there. The majority of the staff were spiteful, condescending and bully's. The manageress is very nasty and does not help when you are struggling, she allows her best friend who also works there to dress you down in front of the whole office. She also does not support you when you are ill. All in all its an awful place to be.
Rotten apple
The royal treat there nurses like rubbish. They talk good talk about being a great team but everyone is stressed out just trying to get the job done and stay out of trouble. The reason they are stressed out is that there is a massive fear culture you can almost taste it nurses know that if some patient or there idiot family members turn up and complain about something, the nurses working in impossible situations sweating it out on the wards will be blamed. The matrons and senior matrons run the wards they don’t do leadership and never stand up for there nurses who get told off by HR and made depressed. They are good at making sure there mates or family get the next promotion number of people related in some way is stupid.
Lots of good training opportunities
Good level of support

Clean hospital, friendly environment

Parking can be a nightmare at times overall a nice place to work
Good trust to work for.
Very supportive trust. Enjoyed working for them. Only left for family & personal issues. Very good team to work for.

Travelling was also an issue as a bit too far for me.
Student nurse
Fantastic supportive friendly caring ward. learnt loads on placement and would definitely recommend for a placement.
Thanks guys for looking after me . Keep up the hard work
Work environment
When volunteering at chesterfield royal hospital I loved the environment in which I work in. All the staff on the different wards where very welcoming and helpful with any questions which i may had. I really enjoyed caring for patients and making them as comfertable during there stay, alongside this I enjoyed talking to the patients.
Pros
Comfertable environment
Cons
Hours without breaks
productive
exceptional care given to staff and patients.
staff are extremely friendly and allow for individuals growth through support facilities.

careers extended through time working within the Trust.
Horrible
Everybody is related in some way or another, the office I worked in consisted of the Manager and her daughter, sister in law, son and son in law. All of which were favoured when it came to the rotas.

On reflection surprised I actually got the job!

The job itself was fab, but very poor management and very clicky.
Pros
Annual leave entitlement
Cons
Poor management
Please avoid
Place has a bullying culture and you end up depressed and feeling worthless.
Managers couldnt manage their way out of a paper bag.

God awful people who are two faced. I called it the snake den, but its more like 1984.
Pros
Nonet
Horrible place
Horrible place clicky horrible managers. If they don't like you you are bullied which makes you that depressiyou end up leaving. Rest of staff are say things behind your back but make out they are your friends. Some nice staff in othere areas though! Never again!
Pros
Holiday entitlement
Cons
Colleagues atmosphere
a typical day at work
worked off the a & e - doing cleans and terminal cleans around the hospital, with a small team - and also cleaning the whole a & e per
shift,

Also inbetween the terminal cleans keeping the a & e constantly checking for anything to be done, helping the nursing staff on there

as well
Cons
not enough members on the the team, permanent nights
Busy medical ward
Busy ward environment, varied caseload ,
Got the opportunity to work in different areas such as stroke, ortho

I enjoyed the job as a relatively new therapist at the time,
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Car park charges
Small hospital
If you enjoy working in a close community of staff, you'll love this. People are friendly and good place to work.
Great new MacMillan centre.

Small hospital, and small variety of specialist areas.
Secure work but very stressful
Having worked here for 3 years I am now looking for a new job as I find working here stressful and physically draining. Management aren't supportive and they think a Christmas bonus of a £3 cafe voucher acceptable.
Pros
7 weeks holiday
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Ok for older generation
No good for young people wanting to get on. All good at giving out training and getting you the qualifications but then it's a case of wait for someone to die in order to get promotion.
Productive and supportive evironment
It is a great opportunity to learn from some of the best Physiotherapists and develop personal and professional skills. It is a highly proactive work place and provides an excellent platform for career growth.
Pros
flexible breaks
great place to work
typical day is varied, I like the environment, the staff and the dept I working. Very professional.
very clean and the parking is ok.

there is a good selection of food for the staff, which is great.
My role
Managing Estates and Facilities Compliance developing, reviewing and monitoring systems and implementing new ways of working. Undertaking audits of systems, policies and procedures to ensure that systems are fit for purpose and meet the requirements necessary to ensure statutory compliance is achieved. Driving continuous improvement within the department at all times. Working as part of the compliance team reporting any compliance issues and findings direct to the Compliance Manager.

Whilst undertaking this post I am currently still acting as Systems Manager/Administrator and overseeing duties of the Administration & Helpdesk/Office Manager role due to a gap in recruitment, reviewing all office systems and ways of working from a compliance point of view.
Pros
Good benefits and good workig environments
Cons
Low salary