Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews

Not for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington29 September 2017
Very busy work environment and not much training given. To new employees who most of them are 16 or 17 in their first job, they are placed in shops by themselves. Management expect a lot from young workers, even if it's their first job. Team leaders are generally nice and higher management are okay. In the retail side of the park there is a large amount of people leaving the job for a variety of reasons. All "retail host" are on 0 hour contracts and I have experienced a few times when i've turned up for a 8 hour shift and the management have changed my hours to either 1 hour or non at all.
horrible
Car Park Host Merlin Entertainments (Former Employee) –  Chessington27 September 2017
Standing on your feet all day showing cars where to go. it was just a bad experience working here so i left and found a job that i really enjoy so i am now more happy
Pros
Cons
standing on your feet
dull and lifeless
Retail (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey26 September 2017
when i first started in 2014 the compnay was fun and exciting to work for. Over the past 2 years it has taken a real bad turn. There are lack of hours outside of summer, yet during summer you work so much that you only get maximum 8 hours from when you get home until you have to leave again in the morning. The pay is awful for the amount you do in a day and management is terrible. No one knows what they are doing anymore.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
bad pay, bad management, no respect, lack of investment
Fun Adventure
Commercial Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey16 September 2017
Chessington is a great place to develop and learn new skills.
Ive learned great lessons in time management and how to lead a team to success.
The workplace culture is amazing, they are one big family and very welcoming to all new comers.
Pros
Amazing benefits programme and free tickets to worldwide attractions
Cons
Long unsociable hours
Sometimes enjoyable mostly hard work
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington South31 August 2017
Working for Chessington gave me experiences that have now led me to make choices for life, I have learnt to cook, organise, completed health and safety tests, food hygiene tests and enjoyed most of the time working for the company.
Relaxed and Professional
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey30 August 2017
Working at Chessington is a great experience. Friendly environment, with easy opportunities to progress and earn promotions. Would recommend for any people in education, and students for part-time summer work.
Pros
Flexible
Fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington29 August 2017
Fun to work for and nice management. Flexible working hours and they take into account any requests. Fun atmosphere to work in with other staff and it is mostly outside
Really loved it here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chessington22 August 2017
Typical day included cleaning enclosures, feeding animals and other general cleaning duties. Enjoyed working within a close team, everyone looks out for one another.
Productive and busy
Food and beverage senior host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey20 August 2017
Management is good with somethings. It's a job that your constantly on your feet which can get tiring. Working here has build my confidence up and has taught me good customer service skills.
great place
fun manager (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London5 August 2017
Caterpillars as a rule are voracious feeders and many of them are among the most serious of agricultural pests. In fact many moth species are best known in their caterpillar stages because of the damage they cause to fruits and other agricultural produce, whereas the moths are obscure and do no direct harm. Conversely, various species of caterpillar are valued as sources of silk, as human or animal food, or for biolo
Pros
fun
Cons
fun
Fun with a capital F!
Guest Services Senior Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington27 July 2017
This was my first full time job after completing studying and although the salary was not great the atmosphere here made up for this massively. The work culture here is fantastic and people really care about making the guests enjoyment during their visit an amazing experience
Pros
Magic pass
Cons
Salary/Hours
First Job
Reatail Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington South8 July 2017
Chessington World of Adventure is a great place for a first jobs as you have a flexible time table suited to you and has better than average wage for a young person. The management is very friendly an understanding in both work a personal situations and make you feel comfortable at all times.
Pros
Employee Benifits
Cons
Travel is far if you dont live in the area
Fun
Rides & Attraction attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey5 July 2017
Chessington was very fun to work for because i met a range of different people and i adapted to each and every single one in their own ways. Management was very good , overall Chessington was amazing. The season ended in October 2016 which meant so did my contact the reason i didn't continue at Chessingston is because i wanted to get into retail and gain experience in different atmosphere.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
Shifts
terrible
Crew Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Chessington29 June 2017
I applied for part time, then got put down for Monday - Friday for 4 weeks in a row and when I asked for my hours to be sorted, nothing was done. during the day there would always be someone in the store working with me but when it came to the end of the day they would leave, meaning I had to clean the whole store on my own, meaning I would have to stay later than usual. also when I left, they did not pay me for all the hours I worked.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Low wage
Games Host (Former Employee) –  London28 June 2017
£5 per hour was ridiculously low. Too far away from my home, i spent about £10 in travel getting there, only to work for 6 hours and earn £30, while spending around £15 in total for lunch and travel making my working day worth £15.

Outdoors sales so when it rains you get soaked.
Communication
Food and Beverage host (Former Employee) –  Chessington28 June 2017
When I worked at Chessington, the environment itself was friendly, however I soon found that there was a lot of miscommunication or lack of communication overall. Having put in Holiday Leave at the start of my contract, when it came to going away on holiday, I found out that my application had not made it to my departments senior manager for him to approve. I was then forced to choose between my holiday and my job at Chessington. This was unacceptable and I had no choice but to leave.
Fun but has some faults
Rides Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey6 June 2017
Can get boring after a long time working there. It can be a really good place to make new friends and lots of different people. I liked that you could work alongside animals - which was always cute when we got to meet and greet them as a work perk.
Its okay
Car Park Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey4 June 2017
Not what I was expecting, however it will suit some people. Good pay of £6.50 an hour for 16 year olds, and are flexible with what days you can or cannot work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long breaks (2-3 hours)
Easy to get a job but very boring
Car park host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey1 June 2017
The management seemed okay the department I worked in was tiring and boring because you had to stand alone in the car parks for most of the day. The people that work there are nice
A fun environment with great people
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 June 2017
I have really enjoyed working at this theme park and zoo, had great opportunity to work hard with similar aged colleagues and enjoyed contributing to families having a really fun day out.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Unpredictable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chessington World of Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Chessington World of Adventures Reviews by Location