Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews

good
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  different sections13 June 2018
Great place to work, working with a Varity of animals from many different sections. like hoofstock, Sealife and big cats. The staff were friendly and it was a great place to work
Nice
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Good place to work, staff are friendly and nice. Customers are well mannered, friendly and nice. Can get quite short staffed as it gets very busy at times.
Rewarding
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey5 April 2018
Initially when you first start working at Chessington you're getting used to the environment and the different types of people. However, the longer you work there the more you grow used to it and find your groove. I recommend working there especially if you want a starter job.
good and fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey20 March 2018
if your a young person looking to get out in the big wide world chessington is a good place to start its a very fun place to work and plus you get free tickets haha
Fun but unprofessional
Ride Attendant and Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey18 March 2018
A good job for school-aged students, flexible working contracts and good experience for customer service and team work. However the training wasn't brilliant and the managers are very unprofessional, lots of drama and gossiping.
Pros
free passes
Cons
school-like gossiping atmosphere
Draining
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey17 March 2018
unfortunately, the park is no loner even good, old and not looked after. management is like a popularity contest and motivation is at an all time low, it may be good for some looking to get shouted at. But all management is dreadful and is a dead end job.
Pros
20 free tickets a year
Cons
bad management and poor guest experience
enjoyable environment and determined workforce
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey5 February 2018
At work I often enjoy interacting with children and adults in order to give them the best experience at our Park. The team work incredibly well together and we all know how to balance fun with hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Journey
fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey27 January 2018
chessington was a brilliant place for my first job as it was a relaxed calm workplace to introduce me to the world of work. i would recommend it as a first job for many people.
Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey15 January 2018
Working in the rides department, you will never have a dull day. You make friends so easily as you work with lots of people each day. There is a great sense of community within your team. Since working there I have learned how important team work.
Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey10 January 2018
I worked there a number of years ago so the culture may have changed. Very much a team work minded place, Enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them to enjoy their day.
Fun workplace
Admission host (Former Employee) –  Chessington North and Hook10 January 2018
I was working closely in a team, handling situations in a professional and polite manner, treating the customers pleasantly and assuring they feel welcome.
fast paced, alot of pressure
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey4 January 2018
I learned how to prepare drinks and make doughnuts. it was very fast paced and there was constant ques. you would be doing the same thing for most of the day.
Pros
free merlin pass
This job was ok
Admissions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey19 December 2017
This job was fun at times but there was long days in the cold I did not enjoy the cold days the some of the staff were rude to me and some I got on with I did work with my family so that wasn’t to bad
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very long hours
lack of ambition
Host (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey11 December 2017
there seems to be no leadership as team leaders are more interested in gossip rather than doing their job, there is a lack in investment in updating the equipment.
fun workplace
Food and Beverage host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey6 December 2017
At Chessington, it is easy to make new friends and you are comfortable with everyone in your team.
Working at Chessington can be stressful when it is rush hour so the queues are very long and sometimes even going out the door which then makes the majority of the customers unhappy. However you do get the very nice customers.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
rude customers
Customer facing
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey14 November 2017
The job has given me extensive experience in dealing with all types of people. Ranging from trouble makers, rowdy teenagers, to possible accidents in the pool.
Pros
reasonable priced meals
Cons
varied hours from 6 in the morning to 10 at night
okay place to work if you are young
Retail Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
Its was an okay place to work if you need money but management are a bit rubbish and rude.Also the place is run by young people so can be a very jubgemental place to work.
fast moving and fun working place
Part-time rides attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington11 November 2017
Chessington World of Adventures is a fun place to work and keeps you on your feet all day. working here allows you to meet new people. it is a very sociable job.
Pros
staff benefits
Productive and Fun workplace
Rides Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington7 November 2017
This job place was one of the best work places i have worked at so far. This is because all of my collegues were friendly and was a joy to work with them.

As soon as the resort got busy, the other staff were willing to help out as well and had no problem for helping out.
Pros
Free Merlin Tickets
Cons
Tiring
It was ok
Park Presentations (Former Employee) –  Chessington South16 October 2017
I was under the impression from the job description that there would be roles/responsibilities apart from cleaning. In any case a few of the managers were slightly rude/unapproachable but most were fairly nice/helpful. Overall solid 4.5/10 job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chessington World of Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Chessington World of Adventures Reviews by Location